Gardening 2022

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to till my run. I have about sand about six singles deep with more where it run during rains. At the back end there are smart weeds everywhere. I always take everything out and deep clean coop, but I have the broody hens so I don't want to move them now.
My phone...... hope you can decipher what I was trying to say. Lots of sand, need to till, smart weed in back..

We got home yesterday about 7.30 and the thermometer by the house said 38 degs. Got a fire going right away.
We picked up more tomato, ghost pepper, habanaro and bell pepper plants, a trailer load of bark mulch, chicken feed and dog food. And I bought a new Dewalt battery powered weed whacker and several boxes of .22 ammo. The wife got 6 more cases of canning jars with lids and a couple cases of canned food.
While we were gone the price of gas went up .20 cents a gallon to $5.30.

South fence line yesterday.

100_7722.JPG

11-100_7716.JPG

We only had 30°C (94°F) today but still 70% humidity. I dug out a tree stump, Helena and the neighbor girl pulled weeds from the rose garden, her mother weeded the grapes and we watered again since the rain stopped the day-before-yesterday. Haven't lost any newly planted veggies to the heat yet even tho they are quite small with only 4-6 leaves. I spread a sheet of plastic out in low spot in the garden and filled it with water. The ducks went crazy playing and splashing around in it. I how have 11 duck eggs in the incubator and see the first blood vessels inside with a flashlight. Hope it will go well with at least half of them.

The white sweet potatoes I planted from the eyes are breaking the ground now. I planted them about a foot deep but all the rain we've had has compacted the soil so they are only about 8" deep now.
I made a small raised bed and got some raised bed soil from Lowes. And I put some big earthworms in there that were left over from fishing.
Now all I have to do is keep my wife from picking all the leaves to cook.

I have bags of really outdated flour. Is there any purpose for it being sprinkled at base of plants or maybe on leaves.

How is it outdated? It's all purpose? Self rising lasts longer. You can make dog biscuits with old flout. Use it on plants as a repellent for various insects, against ants, etc. Use it as a metal cleaner.

We just harvested some of the leaves and flowers from a neighbors "tilia americana" tree. I think it is your basswood tree. We use the leaves in salads, sandwiches, soups and the flowers are a good tea for respiratory problems. Too much will get your body temp up tho. I picked some branches, cut the edible leaves off and hung the flowers to dry for tea.
1655734432014.png
1655734528514.jpeg

1655734560674.jpeg

Latest posts

Back