When there is no resupply

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly1

Reaction score
A very good day to all. This post is not meant to sound condescending and I am not trying to preach to the choir. I am new here and am not sure if this has been covered yet. Forgive me if I am rehashing an older post.

Most of us are now seeing our vehicle fuels, home fuels and food prices increasing. As we know, this is just the beginning and this situation is only likely to worsen over time. Depending on the duration of the current disruptions and the impact upon our crucial farming operations, we could see even more empty shelves in the Autumn/Winter and next year.
So what happens when there is no resupply? We know the cities will erupt and there is likely to be awful things occurring during that time. It really is a tragedy as much of this could be avoided right now if people would come together and begin planting food. The folks in charge (the f*$%£rs) really have done a super job at dividing us all and pitting groups against one another - it is almost like it was planned ;) It is likely to get really bad but if you can just outlast everyone else in your area, you may just get through this.

I would like to urge all the wonderful people here to buy heirloom seeds especially, and to get growing. This is for the longer-term type situation as some people may not have enough space to stock up with prepared food items to last them years. I know that some of you may live in an apartment/flats; some may not have a garden; some may only have a very small garden. Please do not despair.

Flat/apartment dwellers: have you considered using large plastic buckets (brewing buckets) and compost to grow potatoes inside? It may look weird to any visitors and it may be best to meet or entertain outside of your place. Can you keep quail or rabbit in your dwelling? Can you use your window sills or balconies without drawing undue attention? Perhaps grow edible flowering varieties (primrose - all parts edible) instead of more obvious food items like tomatoes, for example. Mushrooms are easy to grow indoors and may be worth considering. You can buy gardening 'pockets' for vertical growing from Amazon (by all means check for other suppliers or make your own) and you can hang these on your doors or even on your walls, if the situation really does get that desperate. Also consider bulk buying mixed pulse and grain and seed varieties for sprouting and eat the nutritious sprouts - remembering to let a crop flower and seed so you have some for next year.

Small garden owners: same advice as above. Think about calorie rich foods over variety and plant as much as you can. Raised beds are good as you can increase your growing area by making the beds deeper ... think of a rectangular shape that fits in a part of your garden and then make it taller - it gives more cubic space for growing things like potatoes and you'll get many more. Vertical gardening is useful as you could plant your salad or strawberry or other compact types plants in them. Also consider small, quiet animals.

What if I have no garden: Okay, same advice as above. Do you have access to any green spaces? Verges, abandoned ground, public land, recreation grounds, parks, woodlands - this type of thing. Try to find a spot that is out of sight for passers by and consider planting something in there. I know this is far from ideal and I'm sorry. But if you have planted a few potato plants or fruit trees in a corner of the woods and only you know where they are, this may just help in a pinch. The goal is to try to outlast the other guys.

Some of you may well be on a very tight budget - I know I am. The heirloom varieties can be a lot more expensive but are well worth the investment, if you can keep a few plants over for a seed crop. F1 hybrids are a lovely, cheap way to grow a lot of food in a hurry but caution must be used. Many of these seeds go sterile after a few plantings. So NEVER plant an F1 variety (say a lettuce plant) and an heirloom lettuce plant variety at the SAME TIME in case of cross pollination from bees, as your heirloom type will be ruined.

Please also consider getting your hunting, fishing, foraging and wild food skills up to scratch. These skills may just save your life.

My sincere apologies if this came off as condescending or preachy. Please know this was not my intent. I know that many of you already know this stuff. This was for anyone who is feeling overwhelmed and asking "where do I start?"

The thought of people - especially children - going hungry is weighing on me very heavily just now. I don't have much space and I don't have much money but I am going to be planting food EVERYWHERE!

My best wishes to all you wonderful people, no matter where you are. I don't know who needs to hear this today but please remember you are not alone.

Good advice, desperately needed. I admit I haven't started growing anything. I have so many other things I'm doing, I'm working with a few people I hope will do the growing for me, and I'll supply other things. But it really does look like there is a concerted effort to cause low crop yields, particularly grains. Scary shit.

Good advice, desperately needed. I admit I haven't started growing anything. I have so many other things I'm doing, I'm working with a few people I hope will do the growing for me, and I'll supply other things. But it really does look like there is a concerted effort to cause low crop yields, particularly grains. Scary shit.
Agreed. I am UK based. Last year our PM closed down a large fertiliser plant. This year he is placing sanctions against a country that produces fertiliser - who'd have thunked it? I cannot verify this and so take a big pinch of salts but ... I heard there are wheat farmers in Montana that used to spend $200 per acre to fertilise their wheat crops and that it went up to $2200 per acre - again, I cannot verify but it is what I've heard. I am not trying to scare any folks here.
Tennessee right? Patron state of shootin' stuff lol I wish I had the right of access to some of the amazing weapons you all have out there. Friend, it may be best to get you some planting in very soon. Neighbours and all are great in time of plenty but (as you know) folks can go a little crazy once they are seeing stuff running out. Don't let you and the ones love be going short. It may take a few late nights and not much sleep but it may be best to get her done than be without, if you know what I'm saying. Anyway, God bless you and your family, friend.

whether the entire supply chain collapses is still pending >>>

where we are now is what I've preached endlessly over the decades >> the stores will likely be totally empty by the time any riots start - looting & burning functioning stores are the "outraged" excuse variety - we are facing economic failure - all the $$$$ credit on the GOV food card means nothing

stores will be empty from a manufacture & transport failure - nothing going into the regional store chain warehouse - nothing to go out to the individual stores (there'll be corporate "favoritism" involved here) >>> what gets thru will be legally purchased by the sheeple sharp enough to realize the SHTF and the $$$$$ to buy it up at ANY price ...

it's starting up slow but moving faster >>> buying direct from the source - milk direct from the udder - if you haven't IDed this market source and developed a relationship - there's still time .....

On a video on YouTube put out by Glenn Beck it states " we now have a 3 month supply of food in the supply chain left ." For those that only talked about being a prepper but never prepared for what the world is now facing , I can only say good luck . The separation between preppers and bull sh----s will at this point widen .

whether the entire supply chain collapses is still pending >>>

where we are now is what I've preached endlessly over the decades >> the stores will likely be totally empty by the time any riots start - looting & burning functioning stores are the "outraged" excuse variety - we are facing economic failure - all the $$$$ credit on the GOV food card means nothing

stores will be empty from a manufacture & transport failure - nothing going into the regional store chain warehouse - nothing to go out to the individual stores (there'll be corporate "favoritism" involved here) >>> what gets thru will be legally purchased by the sheeple sharp enough to realize the SHTF and the $$$$$ to buy it up at ANY price ...

it's starting up slow but moving faster >>> buying direct from the source - milk direct from the udder - if you haven't IDed this market source and developed a relationship - there's still time .....
I hear you loud and clear, friend. Where I am at the farmers have pasture fed dairy and beef (I'm in UK) it will be okay until the cities and large towns empty. These people who live in the cities are so far removed from from how food is grown that they would kill a dairy heifer for meat without knowing it takes close to 8 years to raise a dairy heifer. Without sounding like a p!ssy pants, I am very worried about this.
On an unrelated note, I do like your picture? Are you one of the Native people in America? If so, have you heard about the Red and Blue Kachina prophecies at all? I wish you and your family the best in these times.

On a video on YouTube put out by Glenn Beck it states " we now have a 3 month supply of food in the supply chain left ." For those that only talked about being a prepper but never prepared for what the world is now facing , I can only say good luck . The separation between preppers and bull sh----s will at this point widen .
I have heard that too. I hear that China has 1 and 1/2 years of grains. My country ... not so much. Plus people coming in all the time, even during the 'most deadly pandemic ever!' make of all that what you will but I smell bs. This is the most crucial time any of our respective countries have ever faced.
I honestly think we either plant as much as we can for others to eat and hope for the very best or the vast majority will kill each other and possibly us.
Sheesh! what a time to be alive!
Wishing the very best to you and the ones you love, mate.

Holly, you sound like a well educated, wonderful person. Thoughtful and kind too. I believe civilization is a sine wave. I think that the next dip will be as great as the one in ancient Europe or America compounded by a horrible overpopulation. Nature corrects, even the gross arrogance of our society.

There are some garden/farming leaders of sort doing the exact thing. Telling everyone to plant a garden NOW. Instructing folks to plant seed everywhere for others to have something to eat. To gather folks together now and start large gardens. The main instruction from people like Christian of Ice Age Farmer, and Marjorie Wildcraft is to reach out and form connections to build a LOCAL NETWORK! Our distributed system of eating and therefore staying alive is crashing before our very eyes! It is happening, but sadly the majority do not see it, yet. By the time they do, it will be far too late.

Here are several really good videos by Marjorie Wildcraft…who has traveled the world and gathered valuable crop growing information and Christian Westbrook.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2022-04...rtilizer-deliveries-are-now-being-halted.html
The videos are further down the page. At the top is news of what is going on with the stoppage of Fertilizer to farmers and stoppage of Feed for Dairy and Beef cattle.

I hear you loud and clear, friend. Where I am at the farmers have pasture fed dairy and beef (I'm in UK) it will be okay until the cities and large towns empty. These people who live in the cities are so far removed from from how food is grown that they would kill a dairy heifer for meat without knowing it takes close to 8 years to raise a dairy heifer. Without sounding like a p!ssy pants, I am very worried about this.
On an unrelated note, I do like your picture? Are you one of the Native people in America? If so, have you heard about the Red and Blue Kachina prophecies at all? I wish you and your family the best in these times.
City people killing a dairy cow? in the UK? then what? they dont know how to butcher it and how will they cook it? probably eat it half raw then throw it all back up again!! most people havent got a clue and with all the woke vegan rubbish that we see these days I cant even see that happening. you ever tried to catch a cow, it'll kick you in the head then trample all over you when your on the ground, ask a few dog walkers who've had that treatment, it really is a non starter. dont give people too much credit, most of them are stupid. cattle kill more people in the UK than any other species of animal and thats a known fact.
I know someone who butchered a Sheep in his bath but he was a farm worker so he had at least some idea of how to do it.

Last edited:

during the hardship days of WW2 rationing and shortages - the London and other British city residents would take a train trip out to the rurals for foraging & scavaging - you'd see someone people carrying back a big bundle of sticks or a bag of foraged edibles ...

during the hardship days of WW2 rationing and shortages - the London and other British city residents would take a train trip out to the rurals for foraging & scavaging - you'd see someone people carrying back a big bundle of sticks or a bag of foraged edibles ...
Rural to Londoners is Essex or Kent and then they'll have to fight the locals for anything they find.

A very good day to all. This post is not meant to sound condescending and I am not trying to preach to the choir. I am new here and am not sure if this has been covered yet. Forgive me if I am rehashing an older post.

Most of us are now seeing our vehicle fuels, home fuels and food prices increasing. As we know, this is just the beginning and this situation is only likely to worsen over time. Depending on the duration of the current disruptions and the impact upon our crucial farming operations, we could see even more empty shelves in the Autumn/Winter and next year.
So what happens when there is no resupply? We know the cities will erupt and there is likely to be awful things occurring during that time. It really is a tragedy as much of this could be avoided right now if people would come together and begin planting food. The folks in charge (the f*$%£rs) really have done a super job at dividing us all and pitting groups against one another - it is almost like it was planned ;) It is likely to get really bad but if you can just outlast everyone else in your area, you may just get through this.

I would like to urge all the wonderful people here to buy heirloom seeds especially, and to get growing. This is for the longer-term type situation as some people may not have enough space to stock up with prepared food items to last them years. I know that some of you may live in an apartment/flats; some may not have a garden; some may only have a very small garden. Please do not despair.

Flat/apartment dwellers: have you considered using large plastic buckets (brewing buckets) and compost to grow potatoes inside? It may look weird to any visitors and it may be best to meet or entertain outside of your place. Can you keep quail or rabbit in your dwelling? Can you use your window sills or balconies without drawing undue attention? Perhaps grow edible flowering varieties (primrose - all parts edible) instead of more obvious food items like tomatoes, for example. Mushrooms are easy to grow indoors and may be worth considering. You can buy gardening 'pockets' for vertical growing from Amazon (by all means check for other suppliers or make your own) and you can hang these on your doors or even on your walls, if the situation really does get that desperate. Also consider bulk buying mixed pulse and grain and seed varieties for sprouting and eat the nutritious sprouts - remembering to let a crop flower and seed so you have some for next year.

Small garden owners: same advice as above. Think about calorie rich foods over variety and plant as much as you can. Raised beds are good as you can increase your growing area by making the beds deeper ... think of a rectangular shape that fits in a part of your garden and then make it taller - it gives more cubic space for growing things like potatoes and you'll get many more. Vertical gardening is useful as you could plant your salad or strawberry or other compact types plants in them. Also consider small, quiet animals.

What if I have no garden: Okay, same advice as above. Do you have access to any green spaces? Verges, abandoned ground, public land, recreation grounds, parks, woodlands - this type of thing. Try to find a spot that is out of sight for passers by and consider planting something in there. I know this is far from ideal and I'm sorry. But if you have planted a few potato plants or fruit trees in a corner of the woods and only you know where they are, this may just help in a pinch. The goal is to try to outlast the other guys.

Some of you may well be on a very tight budget - I know I am. The heirloom varieties can be a lot more expensive but are well worth the investment, if you can keep a few plants over for a seed crop. F1 hybrids are a lovely, cheap way to grow a lot of food in a hurry but caution must be used. Many of these seeds go sterile after a few plantings. So NEVER plant an F1 variety (say a lettuce plant) and an heirloom lettuce plant variety at the SAME TIME in case of cross pollination from bees, as your heirloom type will be ruined.

Please also consider getting your hunting, fishing, foraging and wild food skills up to scratch. These skills may just save your life.

My sincere apologies if this came off as condescending or preachy. Please know this was not my intent. I know that many of you already know this stuff. This was for anyone who is feeling overwhelmed and asking "where do I start?"

The thought of people - especially children - going hungry is weighing on me very heavily just now. I don't have much space and I don't have much money but I am going to be planting food EVERYWHERE!

My best wishes to all you wonderful people, no matter where you are. I don't know who needs to hear this today but please remember you are not alone.

I would add one more thing to your list...grow regionally adapted perennials where you can. Once established they are able to survive with little care/water/weeding and many can be grown in shade or partial shade where common annual vegetables will give poor yields, if they can be grown at all. This reduces your caloric needs as you will not have to work so hard to get a harvest.

And get a book for you part of the world and see which and how many plants grow naturally there, how and when to harvest each month and how to prepare them. Make a short list of each plant, get pictures in color, learn which are easily falsely recognised and are then maybe poisonous. Learn to make silent traps and start looking for the typical trails certain animals use regularly and watch the paths they use between eating areas and watering areas. Learn how to prepare and cook wild animals. Start a lettuce garden and grow snails...easy to feed, clean and cook. Learn to fish and build a small pond to stock with fish yourself also. Potatos and carrots grown in barrels. Mushrooms in the cellar. Look for acorns under your oak trees and how to prepare them for nuts, flour or coffee.

Bamboo shoots after a good rain.
cenoZAH.jpg

Split in half, peel, and keep only the part soft enough to stick a fingernail into.
Soak in water a while and rinse well.
Boil for a half hour.
Use it cold like heart of palm in a salad, or use it with a dip like yum yum sauce if you can find it or some other dip. Ketchup and Mayo mixed together works.
Or slice it in strips and cook as a vegetable with meat.
There are hundreds of Chinese dishes that use bamboo shoots.
https://cookpad.com/us/search/bamboo shoots

City people killing a dairy cow? in the UK? then what? they dont know how to butcher it and how will they cook it? probably eat it half raw then throw it all back up again!! most people havent got a clue and with all the woke vegan rubbish that we see these days I cant even see that happening. you ever tried to catch a cow, it'll kick you in the head then trample all over you when your on the ground, ask a few dog walkers who've had that treatment, it really is a non starter. dont give people too much credit, most of them are stupid.
I know someone who butchered a Sheep in his bath but he was a farm worker so he had at least some idea of how to do it.
now I am not all DOOM AND GLOOM,, but things are getting worse ,,, but when it comes to killing a cow, at least for me I am not worried about even if it is completely wild,,, one round to the head and it is down and dead,,,,, with battery powered tools once skinned you can quarter one pretty quickly,,,, as for processing it it is the same as a deer only larger and pork the same way,,, if you don't know how to make the cuts,,,,, it is all right there on utube,,, just download a video on doing a cow and a hog and you are pretty well covered,, all you need is a meat grinder and a decent set of knifes,,,,

and CHICKEN LITTLE no the sky is not falling

A week or so ago the snow had melted off our garden so I started tilling. Since then we've had a couple feet of new snow. Now that its melting there is mud everywhere that isn't still covered in snow. We have a relatively short growing season at out place (5,000 foot elevation) and can get frost most any time of the year. We have great soil and can grow most anything we want, but some times we have to replant due to an unexpected hard freeze, hail storms or downpours. We have a greenhouse on order that will extend our growing season. We're well stocked up on heirloom seeds and regular seeds. For fertilizer we produce our own cow and chicken manure. We plan to add rabbits soon too. We butcher a beef every year for ourselves, one for the kids, trade a couple for firewood and sell several more to people in the area. Plus we take quite a few beef to the auction too. We also have a lot of wild game here on our property and in the area. I never hunt on our own land, for now, and I never let anyone else hunt here either. We have fish in our pond and the streams and lakes are loaded with fish.
I do want to learn more about edible plants in this area.

I had a friend that was a dairy farmer. We would get a call when he had a Holstein that was down with a split hip. We would go over, put it down, string it up on the Bobcat and have it skinned and quartered before dark.
Very similar to doing a deer.
Dairy cows aren’t the best eating beef. But they do make decent ground beef. Just info for SHTF.

Latest posts

Back