Gardening 2024

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very interesting read Doc! Thanks!!
Porcher's book is on Amazon, but this board won't let me post links to Amazon for some odd reason.

The name of the book is

Resources Of The Southern Fields And Forests, Medical, Economical And Agricultural: Being Also A Medical Botany Of The Southern States​

5 days ago I started tomatoe seeds and today they are 2 inches high. I was just going to water and boom.... growth. I put the heat lamp on the for about an hour once per day. Afraid that more would melt the plastic cover.

It must have worked. Now I will use the full spectrum bulb

The USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map Just Changed for the First Time in Over 10 Years​

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle...S&cvid=82acd26ec21046ad99213111feda31ee&ei=21

1710692357546.png

Interactive map here:

https://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/

Mine changed from a to b. Ask me if I trust anything the USDA says?

Have to crow a bit because I’ve already got Brussel Sprouts growing on my outdoor plants! And small Cabbages forming too! These plants made it through the really cold spells this winter and I am thrilled!!!

Also have some Broccoli growing in my Greenhouse! Woohoo! Off to a great start!

Has anyone planted Aronia Bushes for the berries? I realize they have to be very ripe and used in jams or pies to be truly tasty. The reason I ordered some is to put around the lake/pond, which we spend too much time fighting wild blackberry growth. Thought I would put something there that spreads, we can eat, and doesn’t have thistles. They are actually considered top of the list as an anticarcinogen and cancer fighter.

Last edited:
As we all know, Mother Nature doesn't care how much pain we have. I sat on the ground and planted 50 strawberry bare roots. This was necessary since I lost all 75 planted last Fall.

being out in the sun actually made me feel great aside from the excruciating pain. Lol

Next I have to plant potatoes. Don't know if I can do that sitting down. Usually use a shovel to dig holes.

As we all know, Mother Nature doesn't care how much pain we have. I sat on the ground and planted 50 strawberry bare roots. This was necessary since I lost all 75 planted last Fall.

being out in the sun actually made me feel great aside from the excruciating pain. Lol

Next I have to plant potatoes. Don't know if I can do that sitting down. Usually use a shovel to dig holes.
Is there not a tool similar to that used to make holes to put posts into the ground , ,like 2 shovel , sorry do not know the correct name picked this up on the web
Whether you are building a fence or putting up a flagpole or a bird house on a pole, you may find the need to dig a small diameter hole. Using a shovel for this job means making your hole larger than you need, so you may choose to use post hole diggers for the job instead. Here is how it is done.
https://www.wikihow.com/Dig-Post-Holes
hope this might help

Latest posts

Back