Gardening 2024

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of My Cousin Vinny
Gambini:
So, Mr. Tipton, how could it take you five minutes to cook your grits, when it takes the entire grit-eating world 20 minutes.

Mr. Tipton: I don't know. I'm a fast cook, I guess.

Gambini: I'm sorry, I was all the way over here. I couldn't hear you. Did you say you're a fast cook? That's it?! Are we to believe that boiling waters soaks into a grit faster in your kitchen than on any place on the face of the earth?!

Mr. Tipton: I don't know.

Gambini: Well perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove! Were these magic grits? I mean, did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?!
Any Southern boy can solve that "conundrum" in a heartbeat, LOL
ODE3ODYy

In my bid at survival , have ground up corn from a 50 pound bag of livestock corn that I purchased at a feed store . Then boiled it up and ate it in the form of grits . Yes it is eatable and passable eating with some salt and butter on it . This I post for those on a very tight budget . A 50 lb . bag of corn will sell for somewhere around 12 to 15 dollars and that would feed a family for a long time . -- For those that might not be familiar with grits , when boiled it will swell up around in my estimation of about fifteen times its original size . Fifty pounds of grits is a lot of food . --- However that is way down on my personal survival plan as , I have many cases of ground and boxed grits stacked up already .

Last edited:
A 50 lb . bag of corn will sell for somewhere around 12 to 15 dollars and that would feed a family for a long time .
I have collected the corn left behind on the fields here after the harvest was over....
We could collect as much as we wanted as allowed by the field owner...
We actually collected the dent corn as food for the chickens...but...
We now have about 600 lbs of dent corn in storage in one barrel and another 300 lbs in another.
We love grits and we love fat chickens who lay beautiful eggs too!

Messing around in the raised bed garden earlier, pulling some weeds. Put my hand down to lean on one of the boards. It was covered in those little black piss ants. Those little bastard bites itch and burn like fire. Ran me in the house with my hand on fire. I grabbed the campho phenique. It worked! 🙉

I think better than bug bite/itch cream/spray I normally reach for.

I got my 2024 Strictly Medicinal Seeds catalog today. Last year I ordered Stinging Nettle and Moringa seeds and neither sprouted one seed.

My entire garden is grown from seeds, but I am having a heck of a time with these two. As far as the Moringa, I have tried every conceivable sprouting method and not a single one showed and sign of growth. The Nettle was just spread in three places with differing soils and amounts of sunlight and nothing there either.

I still have a few seeds left and will try those. I may go ahead and order a new batch of both since they are both so healthy.

I had 2 peach trees I planted year before last. 1 produced a few small peaches last year (dear ate them). My other one completely died last year. No idea why. The 1 is blooming now again this year.

Attachments

• 20240210_144939.jpg
    20240210_144939.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240210_144939.jpg
    20240210_144939.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Agreed. I have diabetes and every medicine they have recommended for me has a long list of terrible side effects and only makes actual health worse. I am in search of healing. In my garden or close by in the wild there are lots of helpful plants....plantain...yarrow...echinace...sochan...stinging nettles....oregano...sage... lavender...mullein...rosemary.... Parsley....purple dead nettle and wild mint..horse tail although im not too sure about what to do with that one... clovers ...cleavers....and so many others. I dry what i can for winter.

I am in search of healing.
Please take the time to look for the correct type of misteltoe. The berries are poisonous without the proper handling but the leaves can be soaked in spring water for several days and do help many people with their diabetes if it is still not so far as to need lots of insulin.
Doc Henley said something about which one, maybe he will kick in and help you ...

I’m testing out some seeds to see if they are still viable. Several different types. I put them in small containers with paper towels and some water. Set them under the lights. Does anyone else do this?

Can you tell I’m taking a bit of a break for a few minutes and reading what you guys are saying? 😁

Latest posts

Back