When there is no resupply

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait and see how fast they change their minds when the produce isn't available.
its a generational thing and its very common and most of course think it'll never happen.
so no preparation, no planning, they will die where they stand.

Last edited:
First the vegans and other anti-hunters will eat rats, because killing a rat is not like "murdering Bambi." But when the rats run out they'll graduate to squirrels, rabbits, and on up.
I know of one English anti-hunter who bought a house out in the country in the DEEP South (US South) whose "gateway animal" was an armadillo that was destroying his garden. His organic gardening methods completely failed him because the weeds and bugs and birds and squirrels and and other pests like the armadillo weren't leaving anything for him to eat, so he had to resort to violence and chemical warfare. LOL
Next thing you know he was dove hunting, and then graduated to murdering Bambi LMAO.

I doubt it very much, they will expect the govt and other organisations to feed them, the universal cry will be "why isnt the govt doing anything?" its always the same, its always someone else's job not their own.
this isnt the US this is Britain in the 21st century, they will probably protest and pull down a few statues, and break a few windows but when all the stores are empty they will be screwed.

I dont know any way of cutting down on food smells but immediately post collapse it may be wise to refrain from cooking for awhile and eat those things that can be eaten cold or with little cooking, cold meats, corned beef, cheese or warm a can of soup if its a cold day.
I have a lot of those camping meal pouches and they can be boiled in the bag with little or no aroma in a few minutes.
When planning a fishing trip or just camping out, I sometimes just pack eggs, soups or chili into plastic ziplock bags and only need to heat them in boiling water. No smell until you open the bag and it is still minimal.

@Holly1 You make some great points here girl! My hope is that everyone does a garden of some sort, be it a small backyard type for a kitchen garden, which is what I have right now. My retired Hunny seems to think he will be able to plant and tend the BIG garden this year, but so far he has only one raised bed planted so not hopeful. I honestly have limited time working full time, taking care of a disabled parent, and all the critters at the small farm we have. I am also aware most will not even try though. they are too busy watching makeup tips on Instagram? Everything I have seen lately says a Food and even Water shortages are coming. This should be number 1 priority for all.
The hope that everyone with a garden actually uses it for food is my number 1 hope. Today, all around me .... nope, I'm kind of doomed. Do you'll watch 'Ice age farmer'? or any of these types of channels? The last thing we need is to freak your retired hunny out just now ... but ... erm, it is gonna get pretty bad and very soon. Is the price of gas or diesel going up near you? I am not telling you what to do. A lot of men are really cool and can have an adult conversation with a woman without any problem. However there is a very small percentage of men who just do not listen to anything a woman has to say - I worked with a whole bunch. When I knew these dudes were 100% wrong but did not want to ruffle them - I'd just act real stupid but ask pin-point questions. I am in no way suggesting your hunny is this type of person at all. BUT ... on the off chance ...could this be a way to begin a conversation about food prices? For instance: hunnny did you see the price of diesel at the pump this week? Don't ALL the farmers need diesel for their tractors and combined harvesters and stuff? If the diesel price goes up, then doesn't the food prices? Something like that. You do you and this is not my business. I am very sorry if I stepped over a mark here. I am not for one second suggesting that your partner is at all like this. My brain went to default mode when dealing with a lot of individuals who interest in hearing a single word I had to say.
Please know I did not mean any offence here. My own suggestions come from my own personal experiences which may not be remotely relevant to your own experiences. Not trying to tread on on any toes or to upset anyone here.
Not trying to push any religion here ... but I'll be praying that the situation becomes in clear, sharp focus for your partner and they get doing what they need to be getting doing.
My very best wishes, friend.

@Holly1 You didn’t offend me at all and know of those types of men too. My Hunny does thankfully listen to me and vise visa. And most things we totally agree on. He just tends to move at a slower pace on projects he is not looking forward to. Had it been me, it would have been totally planted and mulched by the 1st week of April. Hunny hasn’t mulched his now 2 raised beds and he also hates weeding. I weeded his beds a couple days ago when he was out watering.

My hunny is fully aware of what is coming and he actually just bought some news instead of getting the ones I have stashed in the freezer. Have a feeling he is waiting for my next off day. Will say, I’m lucky that I’m married to him. You can always offer incentives.

LOL. My only comment is that I have worked with many women who are the same way! They hear NOTHING their man says...so I would say it isn't a gender specific condition so much as plain hardheadedness. ;)
Yup. Have been trying to reach all of the above ... testes or ovaries ... the ears do not seem to work ... I hope you have more luck getting the Auditory Nerves working in your area - this location is a bust! Best wishes, friend.

These SHEEP that believe that will have a HELL of a time, we country boys can get by!!!
As long as I have ammo and fishing tackle this ole country boy will not starve, although I could stand to lose a few lbs but the summer heat will take care of that. Those sheeple can stay in the big city, we don’t need them in the country trying to raid our gardens at night, I have a really stout 12 volt electric fence for that purpose.

As long as I have ammo and fishing tackle this ole country boy will not starve, although I could stand to lose a few lbs but the summer heat will take care of that. Those sheeple can stay in the big city, we don’t need them in the country trying to raid our gardens at night, I have a really stout 12 volt electric fence for that purpose.
We are starting to have some of the black gangs from Columbia come up our way lately, Its just a matter of time before they get shot!!!

OP...it is hard growing enough food to live on unless you are really into it. I have given up on gardening. Too much hassle. I was somewhat successful with a fruit tree orchard and put the rest of my time in hoarding food and some foraging.

If you do want a garden, start early. Don't learn after SHTF.

Fruit trees may take years to produce meaningfully. Also, your local may have something to say about them. In the N.E. USA I lost all 7 of the plum trees to black knot. All different varieties succumbed. They were great producers, too bad.

Latest posts

Back