Gardening 2022

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody know if this is normal? Pear tree I've had for I'm guessing approx..6-7 years...has never done anything but hang on in ground and not die...This year it has 1 pear forming on it???

I'll take it! But really?? Not exactly complaining but I am curious and can't really find ananswer to that specific question..

Attachments

• 20220611_120704.jpg
    20220611_120704.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 7
Yesterday we planted 28 tomato plants, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers and a bunch of herbs. I finished dismantling the pig pen and started tilling the ground. We'll plant grapes and blackberries in the space.
Today was cold and rainy. There's flood warnings posted, and a chance of snow possible within a couple days. We're still keeping a fire going in the wood stove.

Not used it, but will be tempted to in the future no doubt. When fertilizer goes sky high and\or disappears completely we all need to look for alternatives. Marjory Wildcraft uses it. Has travelled the world and experienced more types of different gardening than we ever will. She encourages it. Has a bucket on her porch. LOL

An idea I liked was use the human waste for your animal feed and their waste for your food! Rabbit urine is very useful and is highly diluted...30 to 1.

No matter what we plant or where, no herbs come up or survive. In pots or boxes or in the ground. We have to buy the rosmarin, thyme, basil or chives every few weeks or so and use them from the little pots they come in. Planted parsley the last two years and did not get a single plant. The old lady on the next street...asked us to come over and help her to pick the overshoot from her parsley since she planted seeds and they are growing too many and too close together...gotta ask how she does it or where she gets the seeds.......

Anybody know if this is normal? Pear tree I've had for I'm guessing approx..6-7 years...has never done anything but hang on in ground and not die...This year it has 1 pear forming on it???

I'll take it! But really?? Not exactly complaining but I am curious and can't really find ananswer to that specific question..

If that is it in 7 years there is definitely a problem. Since it is Florida my first guess would be soil. Personally if it were me I would scrap it.

My pear trees planted last year are at 12 feet.

Oh! Yeah, probably right! But I'm having trouble letting it go! Haa...I was thinking the other pear tree planted near it at same time died out early..
and I planted some new pear trees this year which are doing great and blooming...was wondering if it had anything to do with pollination? I.e. the other pear trees brought into equation this year???

I am actually tired of plums.
Totally unprepared for this crop. We literally got no crops on it until we trimmed it back 2 years ago. Last year we missed it Until the end.
Plum upside down cake, even Plum Margaritas.
Found a vegetable corer will take pits out and froze some.
I think I got more than the birds this year.

Now eyeing the Persimmon tree and what to do with that.

I had no idea that diluted human urine was good for gardens.

I always looked at human urine the same as dogs and cats. Pee on it and dies mentality.

The video and the comments left were very positive. Any of you guys use it?

It's my main source of fertilizer.

I am actually tired of plums.
Totally unprepared for this crop. We literally got no crops on it until we trimmed it back 2 years ago. Last year we missed it Until the end.
Plum upside down cake, even Plum Margaritas.
Found a vegetable corer will take pits out and froze some.
I think I got more than the birds this year.

Now eyeing the Persimmon tree and what to do with that.
My plums always have one worm per plum. This year we had a huge wind event and blew off most of the plums. Not many left.

There is a persimmon tree down by the boat ramp that I try to visit after the first frost.

Just a couple ideas I do plum liquor. Take the plums and wash them add sugar and rum, brandy, gin and allow the sugar to dissolve. Shake it several times a day until it does. Then allow the concoction to sit in a dark corner for a couple months. Strain the fruit out and then rebottle and allow to age and mellow. I buy decorative decanters and give mine as Christmas gifts sometimes.

Plums also make great wine. I also make plum syrup for pancakes and over ice cream. Think jelly but a bit thinner.

100_7153.JPG

Plum brandy.

05-100_7683.JPG

Plum syrup with cinnamon and almond flavoring.

Latest posts

Back