Gardening 2022

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched a video on homemade antibiotic this morning. I already have Oregano oil capsules so I guess it works.

I used dried Oregano, Thyme, garlic, turmeric, rosemary and ginger. Then added grain alcohol.

PARTY
I have asthma. My triggers are extreme cold, dry air or mold.

Any time I get a cold or the flu, i have a chance of it developing into Pneumonia. I have had it really bad four or five times. Not just a touch, the kind where I end up in the ER at two a.m. feeling like I have a knife being twisted in my back with each breath.
Each time I was told I need to be admitted to the hospital, and refused. O2 saturation drops into the 80's. Blue lips and fingernails etc.

Each time you recover from pneumonia, you have a higher chance of getting it again because it leaves scar tissue behind.

They usually end up putting me on Prednisone, antibiotics and an every four hour round the clock nebulizer.

After the last time, about 8 years ago, I started using a steam tent with some oregano oil at the first sign something is settling in my chest and have not had any more issues. I love my oregano oil.

P.S. I do also add some Eucalyptus oil as well.

Last edited:
I brought my herbs in a few weeks ago when we had the freeze and I am surprised that the Stevia has a new shoot coming up. It looked completely dead.

I had some Cilantro plants that I left in pods out at BOL2 thinking they would get enough rain out there. Nope. They all dried up. I brought them back to BOL1 with me and have been watering them. Two of the eight are sprouting. Those are the one's that I will allow to go to seed and collect for re-seeding. They are the strongest of the bunch.

Maybe I need plastic pipe around the orange tree. Buck has to be coming at night because it is right next to the dog run.
2D337A2C-DF62-4282-B5ED-2DE9323FB0C6.jpeg

Yesterday at TJ, I saw persimmons for 79 cents each about the same ripeness as my tree.
Picked about $50 worth today, leaving $600 worth on the tree. Put in a paper bag with a banana to ripen.
I am going to use this resource that the birds have gotten previously.
Lemons will be ready in about 2 days.

Does anyone mix their own chicken feed?

Do your chickens like it?

It is so funny you brought this up. We all need to figure out a good mixture for growing and feeding our chickens as chicken food just might disappear or be so high it won’t be worth buying. Saw this video the other day that had 5 ingredients that she used to make her own. Said her chickens do amazing on it…others put in the comments that theirs did too.

THE INGREDIENTS

* BOSS Sunflower Seed
* Whole Corn (that’s right, whole)
* Oats
* Puppy Food (1st ingredient has to be meat) Add this In the winter when they can’t eat bugs. If you don’t free range it would be year round
* Egg Shells or Grit
* DE

if puppy food is not available, just put holes in a bucket and add something dead into it. Hang it so they can’t get into. The maggots will fall to the ground for your hens to eat. Worm boxes are another way to give them free protein.

FYI, the corn of course is Dent Corn.

EDITED to add the egg shells…

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back