What’s for dinner 2024

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Threw beef roast in crock pot w veggies. Didn't have it in me to cube it up for a 3rd batch of canning today. I had chopped too Many veggies for my canning, so used some in crock pot w roast, had 1 chicken breast left over, threw it in a pot w remaining veggies. I'll thicken the liquid up a little in both so Larry can have whichever he wants or both. I'm about chicken, veggie and beefed out this weekend! I probably won't eat a bite of any of it.🤪

Boiling mudbugs for our church picnic and baptism.

Attachments

• 20240428_145535.jpg
    20240428_145535.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
My FAVORITE sandwich! Any time I eat at a restaurant that has muffalettas, that's what I order.

Whenever I am in N'Owleans, I try to make it to Central Grocery at least once and get an original.

You should make your own. The bread freezes well.

Can't get muffaletta bread here. Without muffaletta bread, it's just a ham sandwich. I have tried making it on other kinds of bread but it just wasn't the same.

Get the bread delivered, then freeze it. I wonder if whole foods has it? Find a bakery that can make it?

I checked on getting it delivered. Nobody can guarantee a delivery date right now. There are two restaurants in town that sell them, but one is not authentic (it's a pannini that doesn't taste anything like a real muffaletta). By the time I pay for overnight shipping from somewhere, the bread will be more than buying one in a restaurant.

No real bakeries here.

I live in a culinary wasteland. :rolleyes:

I don't like sweet potato pie, either, but I like pumpkin pie.
They put some weird garbage on the freezer cut sweet potato fries, so I do my own from sweet potatoes. I just peel them, slice them like steak fries, put them on a pan with olive oil, sprinkle a pinch of garlic salt and bake them. The amish grocery in my neck of the woods always has a good amount of sweet potatoes all year long. I never plant enough to last all year.

Latest posts

Back