What’s for dinner 2024

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fresh hungarian bread and red wine, fresh swiss mountain cheese, fresh german liverwurst, a shot of french cognac made from red wine. Nananananana
My wife found a partial bottle of cognac yesterday that's been hiding for a few years at the back of the shelf. That was some awesome cognac, she let me have a sip and then slowly polished off the rest of the bottle, LOL. I never understood the big deal about cognac before - I never had any like this - this was quite a revelation!

P.S. If it's made from red wine, I don't believe it can legally be called cognac, which has to be made from specific white grape varieties grown near Cognac, France. It gets it's color from aging in oak.

P.S. If it's made from red wine, I don't believe it can legally be called cognac, which has to be made from specific white grape varieties grown near Cognac, France. It gets it's color from aging in oak.
Well, if I can believe what is written on the bottle...here is a german video of a nerd testing different types of drinks and if you skip to about the 30 second mark, he holds up a bottle of my Chantré Rouge.
No matter, tastes great and is smooth.

Well, if I can believe what is written on the bottle...here is a german video of a nerd testing different types of drinks and if you skip to about the 30 second mark, he holds up a bottle of my Chantré Rouge.
I believe you that it is really good brandy (Weinbrand), but...
Does it say "cognac" ("Kognac") anywhere on the bottle? Because that would be illegal.

I had the standard Corned beef and Cabbage. Only difference was I didn’t cook it.
She cooked it for about 5hrs rather than my 3 1/2. One of the best pieces of Corned beef ever.
Top it off with the Guinness before and the Jamison now, It’s been an Irish day.

Latest posts

Back