Gardening 2022

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine are tiny. I found them in clusters so they didn't have room to developers. I finally threw them in the dehydrator and put it on the porch because my son said the smell was really strong.

I love the smell of raw garlic! It is a comfort food for me. Cabbage on the other hand, when my grandmother would mass produce "Kapusta" or cabbage anything, such as Gołąbki (Stuffed cabbage) I would evac the house until the air had cleared.

Watched a video this morning about herbal meds and they kept mentioning Marshmallow. Do you guys grow it? To be honest, I have never heard of it.

I have found it growing au natural in limited quantities in some spots, have some seeds but, haven't tried growing it yet.

Hi folks, the actual name of the plant is Marsh Mallow or just Mallow. I had several encounters with is while in northern California. It grows further north also. The slimy flowers are edible and the roots are the best medicine. Here is a video I looked for extra for the idea. The slimy tea is good for stomach ulcers and constipation.

I love the smell of raw garlic! It is a comfort food for me. Cabbage on the other hand, when my grandmother would mass produce "Kapusta" or cabbage anything, such as Gołąbki (Stuffed cabbage) I would evac the house until the air had cleared.

The only thing cooking that would run me out of the house, was when my grandfather would cook tripe.

That sounds heavenly to me. 🤣 I eat cabbage & potatoes about once a week during the winter.

And shchi with some rye caraway bread... Mmm!

Question: Can I move garlic mid-season?

It's not growing too well so I was thinking of moving it to a better worked bed with more compost/fertilizer in it.

If it isn’t growing well it won’t hurt to try. I have never moved garlic, but if you take it out carefully, with lots of dirt around it, it should be okay.

1669154463262.png

Does anyone know if this statement above has any basis?

Last edited:
View attachment 17919

Iron is found naturally all throughout soils. Plants need it and can become deficient.

Chemical processes are constantly happening in our soils, and small particles of minerals are all throughout good soil, so it already has contact with those metals... part of it is those metals. The uptake of iron is affected by the pH, though, so a plant deficient in iron is not necessarilyin an iron poor soil.

I'm more concerned about pesticide/herbicide/fungicide use and what it does to microbiota. Photos of the rhizosphere of plants with and without a rich microbiome are really telling. Ones without have almost no roots and look sickly.

You'd probably really like the book Teaming with Nutrients I bet. It's written by a environmentalist, so there's the obligatory climate BS, but the information on soils in it is really in depth! All of the books in that series are good.

View attachment 17919

Oh yeah, when the globalists in 1200 BC invented the iron age, it was a global conspiracy to decrease crop yields, not because the iron tools were stronger and lasted longer than the copper and bronze tools of the bronze age. :rolleyes:

That of course is patently absurd.

GP, I have searched for articles that show iron reduces crop yields and I have not found a single one. However I have found many many articles that showed that insufficient iron reduces crop yields, and supplementation of iron in iron deficient soil greatly improves crop yields.
The entire thing is complete BS and patently absurd.

I am not asking IF the switch was done to reduce yields…as we all know it was for durability and strength. I am asking IF it is true that you would get better yields if you don’t use garden tools that are steel?

I don't believe it's the iron, it's the magnetism of the tools disrupting or removing the iron in the soil.

Latest posts

Back