Quantcast

Must Read Do you have body armor in case of civil conflicts or war?

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Urbanprep

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
home defence you could do without a back plate,or simply instead of a plate replace it with a soft one, light,doesn't prevent your movement
Was part of me thinking too. I like the idea of a soft plate.

jontte

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
still gives you added protection and there are small trauma plates you can have on that front spot high risk area.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
home defence you could do without a back plate,or simply instead of a plate replace it with a soft one, light,doesn't prevent your movement
Being a civilian these days if I lived in the US and faced the issue of armed violence I think I would probably splash out on bullet proof attache case or back pack which I am more likely to have with me at home or outside than body armour.

MTS: Multi-Threat Shield

USED BY PROFESSIONALS
"Concealed in plain sight" - low-profile design looks like a briefcase, allowing the shield to be carried covertly in any environment - school, undercover operations, and protective details. Used by SRO's, patrol, detectives, undercover officers, special operations, and K9 officers. Many applications - from warrant executions and high-risk searches to active shooter kits and dignitary/executive protection details.

• Superior Materials
    Ballistic Material
    : Multi-layer laminated Kevlar®. One-piece folding design (no seams or gap in ballistic coverage).
    Blunt Force Inserts: Kydex® plate and closed-cell foam Shock Pad.
    Cover: Water-resistant 1680 denier ballistic nylon.
  • Lightweight & Compact
    7 lbs. (10 lbs with Level III Rifle Plate inserted).
    Closed Position: 12" x 17.5" x 1.75" Open Position: 36.5" x 17.5" x 0.58"
  • Protection Level
    Certified by NIJ approved laboratory for ballistic resistance in accordance with Modified/Abbreviated NIJ 0108.01 Threat Level IIIA (Level III with optional Rifle Plate). The MTS™ does not bend or fold when shot.
    The MTS™ is resistant to penetration from edged weapons.
  • Utility Pocket & Sling
    Large covert-access pocket with interior lined Velcro® to store critical items such as a med kit, firearm, tourniquet. TASER®, magazines, flashlight, etc.
    Condor® Swiftlink Padded Bungee Sling enhances comfort for extended wear time and allows for hands-free operation. Bungee feature supports defensive tactics techniques. 2-sided quick release buckles enables operator to quickly remove shield if needed.
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well worth a look at this sight, esp if you have aschool age kids.

grayghost668

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
For security--- 1) Firearms. 2) Ammo. 3) Thermal / Night vision. 4) Body Armor. I have just about finished the armory. I have a minimum of 500 rounds for each weapon. Once I have purchased the last couple of firearms, I will stat budgeting for group 3. I do plan for an Alamo situation, so I won't be carrying armor around. Home defense could occur during the night and I want to be able to see my opponents before they see me. The cost of decent Thermal / Night vision does tend to push the body armor back a bit. There is a limited budget for security, so I do prioritize my purchases. Groups 1 & 2 help my compete with the bad guys. Groups 3 & 4 hopefully will give me an advantage. Group 5 are the items that can only be implemented AFTER WROL. Armor rating is dependent on eh type of weapons you think you will be facing. Body armor is great but it will not stop every type of round. Level 3 & 4 will stop most rounds that people will likely encounter. For home defense, Plate with side panels. Not sure on back plates. Weight, cost and maneuverability. What are the opinions on the need for back plates?
if you are doing body armor it is not complete without back protection......if some POS wants you dead he is not going to wait for you to turn and face him

gollwoods

Jr Member
Reaction score
what EVERYONE needs ABSOLUTELY - and it isn't that expensive $$$ >> some kind of head protection - with rioting & civil action there's can be more danger of thrown objects and blunt attack weapons than firearms ....

modern ballistic kevlar helmet would be great - but even a construction helmet would be better than a bare noggin ...
hockey stuff can come along cheap once in awhile mostly.smaller.stuff

Urbanprep

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
if you are doing body armor it is not complete without back protection......if some POS wants you dead he is not going to wait for you to turn and face him
Very true, my visual theme was home defense (Alamo) fight. I have decided hard front plate and soft, side and back plates. I will have to take my chances on caliber hits. Very Good point GG.

Latest posts