Must Read Do you have body armor in case of civil conflicts or war?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should have at least one set for extreme times in my humble opinion. Have you ever read anything from the (now prepper) from Argentina who was there for the economic crash? He advises everyone to have at least one set of body armor. He insists that without it he would be dead. I remember him talking about having to go to work and needing the armor in order to not get shot along the way.

I took advantage of the sale at Armored Republic What a sale too! It ends tonight I think. These body armor bundles were 50% off! Level III too!

You should have at least one set for extreme times in my humble opinion. Have you ever read anything from the (now prepper) from Argentina who was there for the economic crash? He advises everyone to have at least one set of body armor. He insists that without it he would be dead. I remember him talking about having to go to work and needing the armor in order to not get shot along the way.

I took advantage of the sale at Armored Republic What a sale too! It ends tonight I think. These body armor bundles were 50% off! Level III too!
I haven't. That makes me worry for my husband. I'll try to talk him into it. He keeps saying he wants to but he's always holding back on spending money on himself.

I agree. I purchased 2 of those last night.

you have it ot or not, try to use it before some crap hits your fan, so that you know how your body reacts to it,
have some heavier for me and some lighter for my wife, but it is still heavy to use , so pls try it out before than...........

If and when it comes to me, i will take my prepicked locations.
Find me behind my rocks, behind my tree, good for you. You better be a better shot. I know the terrain.
I may have the 3 or 4th most remote bug in spots here. I will take my chance here. If they are that good in SHTF, so be it. I always figured I couldn’t defend against military.

The same way you all need to wear your BOB occasionally to get used to the extra weight, you need to wear any armor also to get used to the weight, get some strength in the neck muscles where it mostly weighs in and find the places where it rubs bad on your body to line with some silk or at least fine material. Women will have a problem with the breasts if they do not have a bit of polstering near the nipple area and both men and women need to get some extra baby powder around the neck area and under your armpits against chafening of the tender skin there.
If you have armor with a collar, line the collar with soft materials also. The WWI/WWII did not wear a silk scarf because it was fashionable, the leather jackets neck collars dried from salty sweat wore the skin off of their necks from constantly scanning the skies for the enemy airplanes.

The same way you all need to wear your BOB occasionally to get used to the extra weight, you need to wear any armor also to get used to the weight, get some strength in the neck muscles where it mostly weighs in and find the places where it rubs bad on your body to line with some silk or at least fine material. Women will have a problem with the breasts if they do not have a bit of polstering near the nipple area and both men and women need to get some extra baby powder around the neck area and under your armpits against chafening of the tender skin there.
If you have armor with a collar, line the collar with soft materials also. The WWI/WWII did not wear a silk scarf because it was fashionable, the leather jackets neck collars dried from salty sweat wore the skin off of their necks from constantly scanning the skies for the enemy airplanes.

Very much appreciate this valuable lesson! I am printing this off and going to store your instructions with the armor. Also going to get some silk cloth to put with them.

Jontte, we will definitely be using it prior to need to wear it. What did you get for your wife, if I might ask?

I found this type of armor that has the multi-curve shape that is supposed to be best for women. Feedback please.

1673026034168.png

I see they have the “Swimmer's Cut”. It looks to narrow to be all that protective to me. Am I mistaken?

It looks to narrow to be all that protective to me. Am I mistaken?
Plates are made to only be put into chest or back plate pockets. Most shots made are "body shots" and are aimed at "center mass" at longer ranges or close range. Plates should catch the "best placed" shots and not your whole body. Shots from the side cannot be stopped by most armor since the sides are only the velcro closures.
The vest I hand made is 360° protection up to 9mm and knives from all directions. It would also stop all pistol shots in .22/.25/.32/.38/.45 or 10 mm. But, the impact would still break ribs or shock organs from anything larger than the 9mm. It will stop any birdshot and most normal slugs but nothing of the "special ammo" being marketed nowadays for shotguns.

My answer is no, I am not getting body armor for CW2. I do not think CW2 is going to be a stand up conflict like CW1. I think it is going to be a war of civilians fighting civilians. Or, put another way, rural vs. urban. In that conflict, we are going to need arms to protect us while attacking electric infrastructure of the big blue cities. Secondarily, we should be attacking the roads (freeways) leading into those cities, their railroads, and sources of water. This would mostly be done at night or even by drone. Weapons would be needed for blockades and checkpoints but only a few people would man these where they intersected the road. The real force would be in areas around those blockades, hills, woods, etc., where snipers could enforce them.

Very much appreciate this valuable lesson! I am printing this off and going to store your instructions with the armor. Also going to get some silk cloth to put with them.

Jontte, we will definitely be using it prior to need to wear it. What did you get for your wife, if I might ask?
it's soft armor, with a strike plate in front, sioen ballistic, is the manufacturer, it will cover the upper torso for her, very adjustable , made a separate cover for it with loops for pouches, in case she wants to have some, on the back she'ĺl be able to carry a water pouch,
I'll go with the traditional plate carrier, the same I use when doing my reserve trainings ( major proof, as we say here ) added some pouches on the side straps for soft armor,
if I had the money, I ´d get the winter camo too from my fav surplus store, they came out with it this season.

I'ĺl do whatever I can to protect her, she keeps me level headed, the only unknown for now are our new neighbors, how would they react and so on, have to assume the worst as I don ´t know them

the vest is very like this one, original blue in color, but now in M05 camo cover, light,easy use

1673182801070.png

Last edited:
I've put these together . The coyote tan is a combat set with pouches for mags , kabar knife , handgun , flashlight , radio , first aid kit and a dump pouch . It has rifle rated ar500 plates . The black vest . I have 2 set up . One with rifle rated the other pistol rated plates . The woodland camo one is a Italian surplus vest it has rifle rated plates .
20231017_151802.jpg
20231017_151849.jpg
20231017_151948.jpg

Latest posts

Back