Old Age Preps

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer the AR pistol due to lighter weight and maneuverability,,,also depending on your barrel length the use of the mag as a handle insures that you will not put your fingers in front of the barrel and shoot your fingers off

I know a lof of folks who swear by the SKS,,, excellent all around weapon for both self defence and hunting,,,very effective on deer

I have 2 SKS, one Russian and one Chinese manufactured. Both are identical in nomenclature and operation, except when I bought them the tyrants in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia ordered that all spike bayonets be removed from the weapons.

Jayson: That's because Kali knows how important of a weapon the bayonet is.

When I saw Star Wars the thing that impressed me the most regarding their new technology is the Captain of the bad guys, while on the bridge of his space ship, wore a bayonet like knife. Now that's telling.

I prefer the AK and the SKS. I am old and old school. The 223 has its advantages. But I prefer a gun that goes off every time you pull the trigger. Also if I need to shoot someone I'm not going use a 22 except for a backup. I have never seen an AK-47 fail to fire if it was loaded. I know my young friends, You love your M-16, But what is the forward assist for??

Last time I borrowed an AR, I was pig hunting at night and I didn't want the bolt to slam closed making racket.
So I thought "just ease it closed and use the forward assist."
NOPE
It was let it slam closed or nothing. Forward assist was useless.

Just a side note, but the US military is replacing the M-16 with an HK

Last time I borrowed an AR, I was pig hunting at night and I didn't want the bolt to slam closed making racket.
So I thought "just ease it closed and use the forward assist."
NOPE
It was let it slam closed or nothing. Forward assist was useless.
you load it at the truck put one in the chamber and put the safety on,,,,,, after that it won't make a sound until you pull the trigger

I get a good laugh when the dims say a bayonet is scary and must be removed. For crying out loud, The SKS and the AK-47 are pretty good battle rifles. To claim that putting a knife on one makes it more dangerous is just plain stupid.

I get a good laugh when the dims say a bayonet is scary and must be removed. For crying out loud, The SKS and the AK-47 are pretty good battle rifles. To claim that putting a knife on one makes it more dangerous is just plain stupid.

Only tyrants are deathly afraid of a knife, bayonet or firearm.

California went crazy on the bayonet because the bayonet holder on the AR-M-4 family is the attachment for a grenade launcher. Just order a grenade launcher cleaning kit from Brownells for some leftist you hate and see how quickly the ATF shows up.

Just order a grenade launcher cleaning kit from Brownells for some leftist you hate and see how quickly the ATF shows up.

Lu5U.gif

Latest posts

Back