Must Read Do you have body armor in case of civil conflicts or war?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still gives you added protection and there are small trauma plates you can have on that front spot high risk area.

home defence you could do without a back plate,or simply instead of a plate replace it with a soft one, light,doesn't prevent your movement
Being a civilian these days if I lived in the US and faced the issue of armed violence I think I would probably splash out on bullet proof attache case or back pack which I am more likely to have with me at home or outside than body armour.

MTS: Multi-Threat Shield

USED BY PROFESSIONALS
"Concealed in plain sight" - low-profile design looks like a briefcase, allowing the shield to be carried covertly in any environment - school, undercover operations, and protective details. Used by SRO's, patrol, detectives, undercover officers, special operations, and K9 officers. Many applications - from warrant executions and high-risk searches to active shooter kits and dignitary/executive protection details.

Untitled-design-67-2b_600x764.png

• Superior Materials
    Ballistic Material
    : Multi-layer laminated Kevlar®. One-piece folding design (no seams or gap in ballistic coverage).
    Blunt Force Inserts: Kydex® plate and closed-cell foam Shock Pad.
    Cover: Water-resistant 1680 denier ballistic nylon.
  • Lightweight & Compact
    7 lbs. (10 lbs with Level III Rifle Plate inserted).
    Closed Position: 12" x 17.5" x 1.75" Open Position: 36.5" x 17.5" x 0.58"
  • Protection Level
    Certified by NIJ approved laboratory for ballistic resistance in accordance with Modified/Abbreviated NIJ 0108.01 Threat Level IIIA (Level III with optional Rifle Plate). The MTS™ does not bend or fold when shot.
    The MTS™ is resistant to penetration from edged weapons.
  • Utility Pocket & Sling
    Large covert-access pocket with interior lined Velcro® to store critical items such as a med kit, firearm, tourniquet. TASER®, magazines, flashlight, etc.
    Condor® Swiftlink Padded Bungee Sling enhances comfort for extended wear time and allows for hands-free operation. Bungee feature supports defensive tactics techniques. 2-sided quick release buckles enables operator to quickly remove shield if needed.
  • --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://premierbodyarmor.com/collections/bulletproof-backpacks-and-bags
Well worth a look at this sight, esp if you have aschool age kids.

For security--- 1) Firearms. 2) Ammo. 3) Thermal / Night vision. 4) Body Armor. I have just about finished the armory. I have a minimum of 500 rounds for each weapon. Once I have purchased the last couple of firearms, I will stat budgeting for group 3. I do plan for an Alamo situation, so I won't be carrying armor around. Home defense could occur during the night and I want to be able to see my opponents before they see me. The cost of decent Thermal / Night vision does tend to push the body armor back a bit. There is a limited budget for security, so I do prioritize my purchases. Groups 1 & 2 help my compete with the bad guys. Groups 3 & 4 hopefully will give me an advantage. Group 5 are the items that can only be implemented AFTER WROL. Armor rating is dependent on eh type of weapons you think you will be facing. Body armor is great but it will not stop every type of round. Level 3 & 4 will stop most rounds that people will likely encounter. For home defense, Plate with side panels. Not sure on back plates. Weight, cost and maneuverability. What are the opinions on the need for back plates?
if you are doing body armor it is not complete without back protection......if some POS wants you dead he is not going to wait for you to turn and face him

what EVERYONE needs ABSOLUTELY - and it isn't that expensive $$$ >> some kind of head protection - with rioting & civil action there's can be more danger of thrown objects and blunt attack weapons than firearms ....

modern ballistic kevlar helmet would be great - but even a construction helmet would be better than a bare noggin ...
hockey stuff can come along cheap once in awhile mostly.smaller.stuff

if you are doing body armor it is not complete without back protection......if some POS wants you dead he is not going to wait for you to turn and face him

Very true, my visual theme was home defense (Alamo) fight. I have decided hard front plate and soft, side and back plates. I will have to take my chances on caliber hits. Very Good point GG.

Hey guys,
a friend told my about some Dyneema-ballistic plates.

Are there those? Level NIJ 4 + or german SK3. He´s looking for something light that can catch the 7,62*25 Tokarev.
For hint´s that lead to retailers with gear in stock based in europe I´d be thankful.

Am going to add some armor to our stores…finally. Have meant to before and it always seems not needed. Until now.

These are on sale…like cheap. Wondering if they would protect the wearer?

Included

• 1 x Veritas™ Lite Modular Plate Carrier
  • 2 x Level III 10"x12" Multi-Curve, Base Coat Plates
  • 2 x Blunt Force Trauma Pads - 10" x 12"
Or should I get the carriers with side panels?

1672672666819.jpeg

https://www.ar500armor.com/veritas-lite-bundle-dec.html

Am going to add some armor to our stores…finally. Have meant to before and it always seems not needed. Until now.

These are on sale…like cheap. Wondering if they would protect the wearer?

Included

• 1 x Veritas™ Lite Modular Plate Carrier
  • 2 x Level III 10"x12" Multi-Curve, Base Coat Plates
  • 2 x Blunt Force Trauma Pads - 10" x 12"
Or should I get the carriers with side panels?

View attachment 18437

https://www.ar500armor.com/veritas-lite-bundle-dec.html

Those are a great deal. I'd recommend getting the build-up coat.

The side panels are an option. You have to decide which kind of situations your likely to be in when your wearing your body armor.

For active armed conflict, body armor with plates is great. I'm going to try to avoid active armed conflict as best I can.
And another thing, for 5.56, 9mm, etc., armor will work well if it's rated for it.
I wonder how much it will help you if you get hit with a big bore like a 450 Bushmaster or 458 SOCOM. Even if it doesn't penetrate, it will be like getting hit with a sledgehammer. The videos on YouTube I've found about 458 SOCOM vs Body Armor were using 300 grain bullets or lighter. Bullets for the 458 SOCOM go up to 600 grains. The one below is 410 grains, which is what I'm using. If you've ever seen what a 300 grain hollowpoint out of a 45-70 does to a deer, you'll know what I'm talking about.
FlKwvvP.jpg

I did find a video using a subsonic 600 grain cast bullet that penetrated 12 gallon jugs and kept on going out the back.

Some protection is better than NO protection. What the seller claims and what the body armor actually does can and do vary. Do your research carefully. How you plan to use the body armor also depends on what type you may want to purchase. Steel plates protect the best but weigh a lot and you may not want to wear it all day. Do you plan to defend against hand gun rounds or against rifle rounds? Will you be a stationary defender or a mobile defender? Even a stopped impact can break ribs with certain types of body armor. Body armor sitting in the closet, because it is too heavy for daily wear, may not be the best option for your particular situation. Lots to consider when selecting body armor.

Those are a great deal. I'd recommend getting the build-up coat.

The side panels are an option. You have to decide which kind of situations your likely to be in when your wearing your body armor.

Yeah they really are at 50% off! After further consideration I’m going to get couple with the side panels and a couple without.
I envision the body armor being used when things get really bad and we have to have some men on watch at all times. They will be in protected spots and will not be walking around a lot. With night vision and a couple of thermal scopes, they should be able to spot anyone coming our way.

If you've ever seen what a 300 grain hollowpoint out of a 45-70 does to a deer, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Funny you brought up a 45-70! My daughter bought her hubby a Henry 45-70 for Christmas. The guy is over the moon! The power of it is shocking to me! It is beautiful too…all that brass and nice wood!

Do you plan to defend against hand gun rounds or against rifle rounds? Will you be a stationary defender or a mobile defender? Even a stopped impact can break ribs with certain types of body armor.

I would imagine anyone with a handgun won’t be getting close enough for it to be useful. Stationary watchers in protected spots…not just hidden, but also protected.

Most would be better off with a broken rib than a round deep in them I think. Do adding those Blunt Force Trauma Pads help?

GP, with the idea of needing to defend from a distance, i.e. rifle distance. I would be looking at level 4 body armor and with side panels. The best part of your plan is the protected observation posts, equipped with thermal and night vision. Be like MA BELL, reach out and touch somebody long distance.

Every armor is better than none. My armor stopped a .357 from only 6 feet and the slug went thru 3 1/2 layers of kevlar and stopped on the 4th. I took it off and laid it up against a wall that evening and my Tokarev 7.62 went thru all 8 layers of the back and then thru 5 or 6 of the front before it stopped.
Biggest lessons:
Always wear it.
Never let anyone know it.
It is useless against snipers---one shot-one kill--means a head shot.
Always cover it with loose clothing so it looks like you are fat and not wearing.
Do not throw old or damaged ones away, Armor your car doors, hang them over the car seats against bullets coming from the back as you escape, thicken house doors or even a pillow on the bed which you could hold up in front of you if ever surprised while sleeping.
Dismantle them and make Knife-cut-proofed sleeves for your jackets. Prevents cuts to your arms if you ever come up against someone with a knife or even dogbites. A dogbite will still probably break a bone, but not puncture and rip the skin, which it the worser of wounds to treat and heal, plus reducing possible infections. Live free, Gary

I really appreciate all the great advice! Thank you for taking your time to instruct me! Will get the Level 4 with side panels. More expensive, but saving lives is worth it.

Along the lines of what Gary was teaching…anyone reading this who can’t afford body armor look into making your own. I remember others posting videos on how to do that a few years back.

Actric, you are in the best location. Can’t see you needing armor.

Latest posts

Back