What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's so cool. When dad died, mom took his old shirts and made a quilt top. Just crude squares nothing fancy. I've never finished it though. They divorced when I was 4 but remained friends for life.
Robin I quilted with my grandmother also. I have 4 generations of quilts from my family. This quilt was pieced on my grandmothers treadle machine and then hand quilted on my mother's cypress quilt frame by hand. It has a real cotton and wool batting and a soft flannel lining. My husband immediately put it on the bed and has proclaimed it his new favorite Lol. He loves them soft 🙂

That's so cool. When dad died, mom took his old shirts and made a quilt top. Just crude squares nothing fancy. I've never finished it though. They divorced when I was 4 but remained friends for life.

When my Dad died I took his ties and shirts and made a quilt with them.

I made the trip to Walmart today. it was packed for people getting ready for the holiday of course. What surprised me the most was it was stocked really well. Even the toilet paper was fully loaded and the limit signs were gone. I got two large packs even though I don’t need them. I didn’t even look at the price of it and probably didn’t want to.....

You can get sketchy brand "N95" masks for much less than that, but they aren't certified and probably made in China. The 3M masks are made in the US and are NIOSH certified which is why they command a premium price.
They did testing on some of the Chinese-made N95 equivalent masks and a lot of them provide the N95 filtration level, but getting a properly fitted seal around the face is very difficult or impossible.

I believe in masks though. I have done some studying on the efficacy in reducing the transmission, and surgical masks or even cloth masks greatly reduce the droplets spread BY the wearer. They also somewhat reduce droplets spread TO the wearer. So if you are sick, but wearing a mask, and a not-sick person is also wearing a mask, then the risk of transmission is low, especially if you maintain 6 foot distance. (The studies I saw showed that even a cloth mask can reduce the distance of droplet spread to under 2 feet even with a sneeze, which with no face covering can travel well over 6 feet.)
I have personal experience too, to back this up. I learned today that someone I interview a little over two weeks ago was infected at that time we met (they had mild symptoms they believed were allergies, but found out after our meeting that a friend they spent time with a few days prior had tested positive. When they got tested two days after our meeting they were positive.) We talked for about 45 minutes, sitting about 10 feet apart, both wearing masks (I wear a surgical mask for most activities and she was wearing a cloth mask.) It has been over 14 days now and I have had no symptoms of any kind.

My state has implemented mandatory wearing of masks in public and 6 foot spacing. My town has an 11 pm to 5 am curfew which makes no real sense being as though we only have around 5000 people and one town in our entire county. Plus we roll up the sidewalks at 7 pm and only have 2 traffic lights. lol

I have to pass through a Border Patrol check point on my way north going to town and the BP are wearing gloves, masks, and face shields. Kinda surreal.

I keep teasing them the drug dogs need PPE. They are not amused. Especially when they see the scary folding black rifle in the front seat.:cool::p

Once an Agent asked if it was loaded. I answered in the affirmative. He frowned and asked me why.
I said same reason yours is. Unloaded, a pistol is a rock and a rifle is a stick.
Again......Agent not amused. Oh well. Not my monkey, not my circus.

I had a letter from the NHS in the week. It was to invite me to take part in a research programme to assess the efficacy of a new type of Covid 19 test. I will be sent the standard swab test and the new spit test to administer myself and return by post. Wish I had been chosen to take the new antigen test, I'm sure we had it in January.

My state has implemented mandatory wearing of masks in public and 6 foot spacing. My town has an 11 pm to 5 am curfew which makes no real sense being as though we only have around 5000 people and one town in our entire county. Plus we roll up the sidewalks at 7 pm and only have 2 traffic lights. lol

I have to pass through a Border Patrol check point on my way north going to town and the BP are wearing gloves, masks, and face shields. Kinda surreal.

I keep teasing them the drug dogs need PPE. They are not amused. Especially when they see the scary folding black rifle in the front seat.:cool::p

Once an Agent asked if it was loaded. I answered in the affirmative. He frowned and asked me why.
I said same reason yours is. Unloaded, a pistol is a rock and a rifle is a stick.
Again......Agent not amused. Oh well. Not my monkey, not my circus.
I’m sure there are exceptions out there but most cops I’ve met don’t have a sense of humor when dealing with the public.....

They did testing on some of the Chinese-made N95 equivalent masks and a lot of them provide the N95 filtration level, but getting a properly fitted seal around the face is very difficult or impossible.

I believe in masks though. I have done some studying on the efficacy in reducing the transmission, and surgical masks or even cloth masks greatly reduce the droplets spread BY the wearer. They also somewhat reduce droplets spread TO the wearer. So if you are sick, but wearing a mask, and a not-sick person is also wearing a mask, then the risk of transmission is low, especially if you maintain 6 foot distance. (The studies I saw showed that even a cloth mask can reduce the distance of droplet spread to under 2 feet even with a sneeze, which with no face covering can travel well over 6 feet.)
I have personal experience too, to back this up. I learned today that someone I interview a little over two weeks ago was infected at that time we met (they had mild symptoms they believed were allergies, but found out after our meeting that a friend they spent time with a few days prior had tested positive. When they got tested two days after our meeting they were positive.) We talked for about 45 minutes, sitting about 10 feet apart, both wearing masks (I wear a surgical mask for most activities and she was wearing a cloth mask.) It has been over 14 days now and I have had no symptoms of any kind.
I don’t go out without a mask, period. I luckily have n95’s, but reuse them quite a bit so am sure they get less effective over time. You got confirmation that you were close to someone with the virus, but I guarantee that with the numbers of cases now almost all of us have been next to someone with it by now. Just do all you can to protect yourself and others, it’s kind of a no brainer.

Dont want to beat a dead horse. From what I've read, masks aren't the answer. The lady at the pharmacy had a piece of cloth around he face. Cute but gave absolutely no health benefits. Also, you don't get fresh oxygen when you wear masks and the old crap is not good.

Just read a couple articles with two different doctors saying the same thing. The Masks are not good for you.

Just read a couple articles with two different doctors saying the same thing. The Masks are not good for you.
Sadly all the he said/ she said from the supposed all knowing intelligencia and their cross cancelling bickering leaves us where?
In an economy killing lock-down fighting a virus that anti-bacterials do nothing for or to.
People turning violent about using/ not using a piece of cloth that offers no real benefit beyond a placebo effect.
BAAAAAA BAAAAAA bleet the sheep. lol

(some sarcasm involved/ some....)

I see where they arrested 12 protesters at the state capitol in Nashville today. Out here in the woods it has been pretty tame. I can hear a few small fireworks in the distance. Nothing I can see over the treeline. My 2 little terriers are hiding under the couch pillows though. Little chickens. Hubby and I enjoyed our grilled steaks. Set a new state record today for number of Covid cases or so I read on the local news. 1822 cases in a day. They are the highest they have ever been in my rural county too. Like I have said Covid the sequel is going to be a bear.

I don’t understand the resistance to masks. No, they aren’t perfect or foolproof but they are the best prevention we have at the time. The lack of social responsibility baffles me, not to mention self preservation...

Latest posts

Back