What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mask ordinance went into effect today. At the office we have to wear masks unless we are in our own office alone. When interview or meeting with coworkers or employees I wear a mask. I our client's homes we have to wear masks at all times unless in a designated room alone to grab a snack or get a drink.

Mask ordinance went into effect today. At the office we have to wear masks unless we are in our own office alone. When interview or meeting with coworkers or employees I wear a mask. I our client's homes we have to wear masks at all times unless in a designated room alone to grab a snack or get a drink.

Glad I am retired. Being hearing impaired, I read lips. The masks do make that a bit difficult.

Live in Rhode Island, now it seems gardening supplies like garden hoses and fertilizers are sold out. Paper towels and toilet paper are coming back now, but i'm sure in the fall, all of this covid crap will be back.
On the other front, RI has a lot collages and kids that are offended by anything, and there was some rioting.
Think I'll find a statue and guard it.

Tennessee people heads up!

COVID-19 hospitalizations double in Tennessee in last month
COVID-19 hospitalizations double in Tennessee in last month

"This is probably the most dangerous moment that we’ve had in COVID-19 – and that’s because there are more cases in the community than we’ve had at any point and there’s more disregard for the virus than there has been at any point,"

Well summer is definitely here. Temps are climbing and humidity is thick. I am now gardening early morning and late evening only. Got a break from the rain for a couple days. Boy last week we just about drowned. Covid numbers are looking pretty scary in the state and I am gearing up I think for another lockdown. Planning a big grocery run in anticipation of this thing going south quick. What do I need to top off everything and finish out the summer? What do the rest of you think? Numbers seem to be climbing quick.

I'm feeling the same DD (sorry, put in wrong name!). I topped up the OTC meds store today and there's a big grocery delivery coming at the weekend.
I just think this damn virus is waiting to bite us on the behind further down the road along with the usual flu season I think things could get ugly.
To that end, I've been buying bags of frozen veg to put through the dehydrator and I started a batch of sauerkraut off yesterday. I'm just waiting for the fruit and veg market to open to buy some fresh veg to can. My allotment won't be producing til next season.
While we have been in lockdown, I have used a lot of the stores, so I'm now just starting to top everything up again. I still can't get yeast though and Baking powder is scarce.

Last edited:
I'm feeling the same GP. I topped up the OTC meds store today and there's a big grocery delivery coming at the weekend.
I just think this damn virus is waiting to bite us on the behind further down the road along with the usual flu season I think things could get ugly.
To that end, I've been buying bags of frozen veg to put through the dehydrator and I started a batch of sauerkraut off yesterday. I'm just waiting for the fruit and veg market to open to buy some fresh veg to can. My allotment won't be producing til next season.
While we have been in lockdown, I have used a lot of the stores, so I'm now just starting to top everything up again. I still can't get yeast though and Baking powder is scarce.
My garden is just starting to come in. I have 4 half gallons of kraut started myself. And getting a grocery order together as we speak. My 2 freezers have been cleaned out and reorganized so I know what I have and what I need to top up. Dehydrator going with green onions. Onions and garlic drying in the sheds. Pickled beets last week and will have more next week. Won't be long I will have green beans to can and red beans to dry. Picked my first zucchini yesterday. And picking gooseberries every other day. By the end of the summer I hope to can, dehydrate or freeze everything I can grow. Chickens are laying. Ducks are laying. Rabbits are bred. I have plenty to keep me busy all summer just in gardening and canning. I am thinking maybe top up and batten down. Covid-19 the sequel may be a bear!

I agree with topping off all your supplies. I’m considering a lockdown here again with the numbers rising so fast. It’s by far the worst it’s been since this all started. I just suggest any of us, especially those with higher risk factors, start tougher precautions now. Luckily this bug wasn’t as bad as everyone first thought but it’s still something no one wants. I’m reading where even asymptotic young people are showing lung damage in lots of cases.

I'm already of the opinion that we are in the second wave of this virus. My son and I were horribly ill with the symptoms in early january and I still have a slight crackling in my left lung that just will not go. Having seen what happened in March with the stripping of food and consumables, I'm gearing up for another go around.
I envy your garden! The last time I had a garden in was 2017 and I miss it.

Finished my quarantine quilt guys 🤪🤪🤪

quarantine quilt.jpg

We got a heck of a rain last night needed it though. Everything quiet here except nobody wearing masks. Wtf.. Went to feed store yesterday and no masks. Stopped by small grocery store as they had butter on sale and no masks. Got gas and no masks. Did they cancel the virus or something and nobody told me?? Last I heard cases were rising at record numbers. Nothing like a little Russian roulette.

Dont want to beat a dead horse. From what I've read, masks aren't the answer. The lady at the pharmacy had a piece of cloth around he face. Cute but gave absolutely no health benefits. Also, you don't get fresh oxygen when you wear masks and the old crap is not good.

Lovely. I used to quilt with my grandmother. Mostly made from old shirts and we stitched by hand.

Robin I quilted with my grandmother also. I have 4 generations of quilts from my family. This quilt was pieced on my grandmothers treadle machine and then hand quilted on my mother's cypress quilt frame by hand. It has a real cotton and wool batting and a soft flannel lining. My husband immediately put it on the bed and has proclaimed it his new favorite Lol. He loves them soft 🙂

Dont want to beat a dead horse. From what I've read, masks aren't the answer. The lady at the pharmacy had a piece of cloth around he face. Cute but gave absolutely no health benefits. Also, you don't get fresh oxygen when you wear masks and the old crap is not good.
A simple cloth mask is better than nothing but I agree it’s not great. If you can’t get a n95 mask then triple layers help. Of course even with a good mask it’s only part of the equation. It needs to be accompanied with hand washing, not touching your face, social distancing, and common sense. For people with breathing problems like asthma and such wearing masks can cause problems. In those cases staying in isolation as best you can is the best you’ve got.

The thing with the recommended wearing of face covering is it's meant to protect others from you, rather than you from everyone else. To do that you would, as Brent has said need a mask with N95 or better certification.
I've made a few masks for myself for when I have to go back to work.

Latest posts

Back