What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtDiva

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
What have any of you observed differently where you live today. For me

1. Today from the back 40 I can see a state highway that leads to several state parks and wildlife areas. Lots of campers, 4 wheelers, kayaks and horse trailers going by.
  2. I am hearing reports from neighbors of people coming to the small Dollar Generals and rural stores and such from the larger cities and buying huge quantities of items.
  3. emails from things like the bank telling new hours and encouraging online and phone banking.
  4. Emails from stores telling when they will be open and what they are doing to continue to offer goods and services for as long as possible.
what are you seeing in your town and out your back doors?

commuter trains almost no passengers,same with buses in my neck of woods,shopping malls almost empty,except food stores, far less cars driving..
we had sun today,so people were out walking,but they kept their distance..
they gave us advice to keep atleast 3 feet apart in social contacts, hell come any closer to a Finn than 10 feet and I feel like you are coming on me ;)

must prolly go to get some stuff tomorrow and I will take the train, 4min ride, it will be intresting to see how many people there are...

I haven’t been out enough to see anything much. Am planning to go shopping some tomorrow. An excited to see what’s happening first hand. Wondering if I will wear a paper n95 mask or the full respirator. The respirator is probably safer and seals better. Will have hand sanitizer at the ready too.

We went out to the feed store to top off for goats and pigs. More employees in the store than shoppers. I did check out their plants for sell in the garden section and they looked pretty stocked. Pig feed and deer corn stocked. . . The goat ration pallet was almost gone so only grabbed 10 bags leaving about 6 for the next person to come along. All in all the place looked stocked up from what I could tell. Less traffic on the roads, but we really didn't pass by at stores that would normally be open so can't tell you about those. I will be going into work later tonight for an overnight shift. The hours I am there we will be closed to the public like all the other grocery stores and Walmart. Everybody has special hours to operate right now. When I leave tomorrow morning will be telling since we get overnight trucks and stockers.

I went grocery shopping, some items were gone-tp, dried goods, frozen pizzas. Lots of shoppers. Then, neighbor called and told me he and his wife are not having any visitors due to the virus. I'm just waiting for all the 612er's to come up from the cities to their hunting shacks.

Every store is out of paper towels and toilet paper, as well as bleach and disinfectants. Water is available, but in short supply. Eggs are nonexistent on shelves, same with milk. Most meat cases are all but empty. Gas stations closed. However, I have a feeling this is more due to no trucks on Sunday. So tomorrow, this may change a bit. 2 days of panic buying have depleted stores, but the main Publix warehouse is just up the highway. We're stocked up here, so no real worries. We're riding this out and working from home.

Every store is out of paper towels and toilet paper, as well as bleach and disinfectants. Water is available, but in short supply. Eggs are nonexistent on shelves, same with milk. Most meat cases are all but empty. Gas stations closed. However, I have a feeling this is more due to no trucks on Sunday. So tomorrow, this may change a bit. 2 days of panic buying have depleted stores, but the main Publix warehouse is just up the highway. We're stocked up here, so no real worries. We're riding this out and working from home.
The self checkout attendant at Walmart said the whole weekend was like Black Friday, non stop.

Well I went out to feed this morning and noticed one of the cows was missing. I found her in the woods with a healthy new born bull calf.
It's a beautiful sunny morning here and I'm sitting on top of a hill (which is why I'm able to post this) watching the rest of the baby calves running around enjoying the warm (29 deg) sun. We had 3" of snow yesterday and then a thunderstorm in the afternoon.
From my location all I can see are mountains, meadows and forest. No roads, houses or people as far as I can see. The only sounds are the cattle eatting their hay, birds singing and a light breeze blowing through the trees.

At the office, we are now asking patients the standard questions about the virus (have you traveled recently etc) and the family or friends that show up to the office with them. We have to call the day before and ask patients over the phone the questions before the appt. We all have to wear loop mask (which don't work per the CDC) our lobby has been changed to have the chairs 6 feet apart. It's getting crazy!

At the office, we are now asking patients the standard questions about the virus (have you traveled recently etc) and the family or friends that show up to the office with them. We have to call the day before and ask patients over the phone the questions before the appt. We all have to wear loop mask (which don't work per the CDC) our lobby has been changed to have the chairs 6 feet apart. It's getting crazy!

Dont listen to the CDC, no it dont work 100% or maybe even 25%, but the less viral load you get the better off you are.

Well I went out to feed this morning and noticed one of the cows was missing. I found her in the woods with a healthy new born bull calf.
It's a beautiful sunny morning here and I'm sitting on top of a hill (which is why I'm able to post this) watching the rest of the baby calves running around enjoying the warm (29 deg) sun. We had 3" of snow yesterday and then a thunderstorm in the afternoon.
From my location all I can see are mountains, meadows and forest. No roads, houses or people as far as I can see. The only sounds are the cattle eatting their hay, birds singing and a light breeze blowing through the trees.

Pure paradise buddy.

Dont listen to the CDC, no it dont work 100% or maybe even 25%, but the less viral load you get the better off you are.
I think this is they key.
It doesn't stop all possibility of transmission but certainly reduces it to where proper hygiene will make it unlikely. The CDC says COVID-19 is spread by droplet transmission, not airborne transmission. Droplet precautions calls for mask and face shield in addition to gown and gloves.
Airborne precautions require N95+ and the whole works. That's because with airborne transmission the tiny, tiny droplets can be suspended in the air for a while and find their way into a regular mask. We are being told that COVID-19 does not spread this way.
So, what we're being told by the CDC doesn't add up completely as far as I can tell. I certainly think that a mask and goggles will very much reduce your risk of catching the disease if you practice proper hygiene as well.

We went out to the feed store to top off for goats and pigs. More employees in the store than shoppers. I did check out their plants for sell in the garden section and they looked pretty stocked. Pig feed and deer corn stocked. . . The goat ration pallet was almost gone so only grabbed 10 bags leaving about 6 for the next person to come along. All in all the place looked stocked up from what I could tell. Less traffic on the roads, but we really didn't pass by at stores that would normally be open so can't tell you about those. I will be going into work later tonight for an overnight shift. The hours I am there we will be closed to the public like all the other grocery stores and Walmart. Everybody has special hours to operate right now. When I leave tomorrow morning will be telling since we get overnight trucks and stockers.

At Tractor Supply, I was going to use their order on line and pick up at door service so I wouldn't have to mingle with the Hoi polloi, but husband stopped and did it for me. He has been doing all the running since he has to be out anyway. He doesn't want me sick because he knows I'm the one that keeps the engines running. Literally.

I guess he has a few good points.

At Tractor Supply, I was going to use their order on line and pick up at door service so I wouldn't have to mingle with the Hoi polloi, but husband stopped and did it for me. He has been doing all the running since he has to be out anyway. He doesn't want me sick because he knows I'm the one that keeps the engines running. Literally.

I guess he has a few good points.
That’s great that he is tryin got limit your exposure. The problem is if he brings it into the home... unless you are both doing your best to limit travel outside the home you’re still at risk.

Latest posts

Back