What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s great that he is tryin got limit your exposure. The problem is if he brings it into the home... unless you are both doing your best to limit travel outside the home you’re still at risk.

Yes, especially with my 87 year old mom. He uses Lysol before he walks inside and I disinfect every day. It's amazing how much trash dogs and people bring in in one day. Mom is staying in her room more and has her private bathroom.

At Tractor Supply, I was going to use their order on line and pick up at door service so I wouldn't have to mingle with the Hoi polloi, but husband stopped and did it for me. He has been doing all the running since he has to be out anyway. He doesn't want me sick because he knows I'm the one that keeps the engines running. Literally.

I guess he has a few good points.

Make sure he has disinfectant wipes in his truck and uses them in stores and when he gets back to the truck to clean himself well.

I think this is they key.
It doesn't stop all possibility of transmission but certainly reduces it to where proper hygiene will make it unlikely. The CDC says COVID-19 is spread by droplet transmission, not airborne transmission. Droplet precautions calls for mask and face shield in addition to gown and gloves.
Airborne precautions require N95+ and the whole works. That's because with airborne transmission the tiny, tiny droplets can be suspended in the air for a while and find their way into a regular mask. We are being told that COVID-19 does not spread this way.
So, what we're being told by the CDC doesn't add up completely as far as I can tell. I certainly think that a mask and goggles will very much reduce your risk of catching the disease if you practice proper hygiene as well.
Information not adding up. That’s exactly right! At first we were told mask don’t work, so stop buying them, so that healthcare workers could have them. There was a news article showing members of the WHO at a meeting about the virus, wearing loop mask. We are now told at work we have to wear loop mask ( but they don’t work ... remember?)
There is no reason to stockpile food and supplies. Remember that too ( oozing with sarcasm).

Like someone here has said: do not do or believe what they say....watch what they do themselves. Body language never lies. People try to but you can always watch their body language. They say one thing, and at the same time they are looking upper left, searching for something up in the air over their LEFT forehead. (Fantasy lobe of the brain). Or, they are talking to the press but only looking at ONE person, either a known face or one at least projecting belief in their words...HIDING and double talk.

We got an automated call last night from our county. Due to the fact that there are no cases directly in our county or in the few neighboring counties schools etc. are not closing down. Mind you it is in every large city around us. Unbelievable! Ball games etc still going on. Still holding revivals even.......

We are still in a self quarantine for as long as possible. We shall see.
We will ride it out at home for as long as it takes too. They are saying July or august maybe? No one really knows. The security situation if it goes on too long and people get hungry is what bothers me the most.

We will ride it out at home for as long as it takes too. They are saying July or august maybe? No one really knows. The security situation if it goes on too long and people get hungry is what bothers me the most.

Yeah we are with you on that one. Very few people beyond our children know what we have stored so we are fortunate there. But you can't hide those gardens and fruit trees, chickens etc. When people get hungry those fences and dogs will only go so far. Even though we live in a rural community we still have our problems with opioid addicts and the meth situation to deal with like most rural communities in Appalachia as well. Not to mention our fair share of just stupid people. All we can do is be alert. We have security alerts all over the property. Alarms, lights and cameras etc. No shortage of guns and ammo and 2 people to shoot on top of 2 big dogs outside. What will be will be. Hope we won't need any of it but that's why they call it prepping.

Yeah we are with you on that one. Very few people beyond our children know what we have stored so we are fortunate there. But you can't hide those gardens and fruit trees, chickens etc. When people get hungry those fences and dogs will only go so far. Even though we live in a rural community we still have our problems with opioid addicts and the meth situation to deal with like most rural communities in Appalachia as well. Not to mention our fair share of just stupid people. All we can do is be alert. We have security alerts all over the property. Alarms, lights and cameras etc. No shortage of guns and ammo and 2 people to shoot on top of 2 big dogs outside. What will be will be. Hope we won't need any of it but that's why they call it prepping.
We are in a similar position here. The only thing that concerns me is if it really does come down to rampant crime is having to sleep. We have 4 adults on the property here and that helps with taking turns for guard duty but my biggest weakness is the lack of a group setting. I think about twelve people would be the ideal group size. All with unique skills and not too big to have a problem feeding everyone. In a perfect world....

The only thing that concerns me is if it really does come down to rampant crime

My husband thinks that when the stores run out of food that is when the riots will start in the super markets and then spill out into the streets. Especially in some of the cities. We shall see.

Last edited:
If we ever meet, I've got a lot of horror stories about the human animals in and from Croatia Brent. Bosnia was even worse tho and I only got glimpses of it...can't talk too much because you'd just get nightmares from some of it...Really feel sorry for our men and women warriors in the middle east, they are having a new Vietnam. Lasting toooo long and not getting anywhere at the same time, just like my uncle described it back then. Gary

My husband thinks that when the stores run out of food that is when the riots will start is in the super markets and then spill out into the streets. Especially in some of the cities. We shall see.

Disagree, I think a certain section of society will find any excuse to riot and loot, as the weather warms up they will start.

A lot of people here are worried about the schools closing, now they can't go to work because they don't have anyone to watch their kids, so how are they going to feed their kids. My manager was talking about having to home school her kids, and talking about the online resources they are providing. Older kids may be okay but hers are young, 1st and 4th grade, so she is looking for a baby sitter or maybe having to modify her hours at the office so she can teach them.
There's a general feeling of uncertainty in the air, wherever you go. People are extra cautious of wiping down, not shaking hands, etc. Elderly people are afraid to go into the grocery store.
We are now told at work we have to wear loop mask ( but they don’t work ... remember?)
There is no reason to stockpile food and supplies. Remember that too ( oozing with sarcasm).
Based on my understanding of disease transmission, the loop masks do protect you if they are worn with a face shield or goggles, and removed correctly (without contaminating the face, washing hand after removal - which most people who used them don't do.) As far as the stockpiling of supplies, they are just trying to prevent panic. But even if they can prevent it now, they would just be postponing the panic (like everything else these days it seems). Because when people truly RUN OUT of food or other essentials, and they cannot buy more, the WILL panic. And at that point, there will be no stopping them, short of drastic measures.

At our store, we have been getting a lot of supplies each night, but not all holes of products are going to be on that truck. There just isn't enough room. . . We have soups, but only some of the store brands, some of the Campbell's and some of the Progressive. After I finished up my area that was the isle I helped for dry stock. It looks like they are sending the top sellers. The bad thing is that we are not getting meat, . . . Ground beef of chicken until maybe next week or the week after. That is going to cause major panic. There are other alternatives, but a person who wants to grill a nice hamburger just isn't going to see it that way. The why we are not receiving these items I don't know. I do not work when they are open so haven't had a chance to ask anyone over I that section. When I was at the gas station part of the store, I was told that National Guard is to be expected soon. This is just worrisome for me. That means they are expecting some very upset people in the near future a d maybe some uproar/riots? Glad I am working overnight and don't have to worry about dealing with the public's question, because I sure don't have the answers. The virus itself makes me worried, I'm not a spring chicken anymore and even the kids since it seems it is hitting the 30-50 age group tok. . . BUT what really makes me worry is people's reaction.

Latest posts

Back