What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to help me understand ☺️. Sorry for hijacking the conversation.
Anytime.

I've always wanted to visit New Zealand. I hear that the hiking is wonderful, and I've always wanted to see a live tuatara, or one of those huge, ground-dwelling parrots.

It seems like there is always an ‘emergency’ that causes everyone to go out and buy guns. I remember when Obama was elected everyone said he’s coming for your guns and every gun and ammo store was wiped out of stock. When Hillary was looking like she was going to win the same thing happened. Now it’s the civil unrest, which is probably the first one I’ve thought was a good idea to stock up on things for. I’m the same mindset with saving ammo. I have plenty and stopped practicing to ensure I have it if ever needed. There is something to be said about staying proficient though. I recently pulled out some rifles and made sure the zeroing in was still good. I only sent about ten rounds through each to ensure the scopes were still accurate. In the past I would have played and sent 100 through.
There was panic buying of guns way back in March too. I think people are beginning to understand that the government is unable or unwilling to protect people in a lot of situations.

There was panic buying of guns way back in March too. I think people are beginning to understand that the government is unable or unwilling to protect people in a lot of situations.
I agree 100%.

It's just that I have misgivings about people stocking up on guns and ammo without getting the training, practice, and/or education.

My parents used to say that "A little knowledge can be more dangerous than knowing nothing at all."

I suspect that this may be true of guns.

I've gone into gun shops lately, and I cringe when I see amatuers waving guns around without caring where the muzzle points . . . and this is okay because the "gun is unloaded".

My grandfather was careless with guns in a way that made my heart skip.

The situation in Seattle is going to be the best advertisement for gun sales. When the police, fire department and the EMT's refuse to respond, then the WROL is truly evident and possible in your neighborhood. I do hope many will get some gun safety training but I DO NOT WANT any government rules, regulation or laws mandating training. The government never knows when to stop. By the time the government finishes the requirements for gun safety training, you will be qualified as a Master Gunnery Sargent in the Marines.

The situation in Seattle is going to be the best advertisement for gun sales. When the police, fire department and the EMT's refuse to respond, then the WROL is truly evident and possible in your neighborhood. I do hope many will get some gun safety training but I DO NOT WANT any government rules, regulation or laws mandating training. The government never knows when to stop. By the time the government finishes the requirements for gun safety training, you will be qualified as a Master Gunnery Sargent in the Marines.

The mayor finally asked the anarchists to leave the taken over land. Of course it was only after she got SUED from the people who live there and own businesses there!

I don't neccesarily disagree with you . . . I just cringe when amatuers act stupid about guns. It's like they get all their gun ideas from movies, and then they think they're Rambo because they bought their first pistol.

I don't neccesarily disagree with you . . . I just cringe when amatuers act stupid about guns. It's like they get all their gun ideas from movies, and then they think they're Rambo because they bought their first pistol.

I do ask all the gun community to support people to go and get gun safety training. I have volunteered gun safety advice at the range for new shooters and minor (how to avoid slide bite) pistol holding advice. I do not want the government mandating the training. Then it just becomes another anti-gun weapon, like it did in D.C.

Metro Nashville has mandated masks indoors too if there isn't proper distancing.

I asked how close husband's co-host is to him. That would be funny.
My town has this too now starting Monday because the case numbers, hospitalizations, and deaths are going up quickly. So the mask rules start Monday. . but they are still having graduations and all this weekend.

the R(for reproduction)rate of the virus is now below 1 in the UK, in Germany its jumped to 2.88.
yes, around some slaughterhouse locations the R-Rate peaked. In these factories a lot of eastern Europe temporary immigants are working under confined, cooled, corona-friendly environment and have been tested positive. Plus they living packed in the areas enclosed. Again, the poorest and vulnerables got hit hardest, just for cheap meat.
Anyway, a second wave is rolling on since people getting tired and negligent to continue with the protection measure.

We got a heck of a rain last night needed it though. Everything quiet here except nobody wearing masks. Wtf.. Went to feed store yesterday and no masks. Stopped by small grocery store as they had butter on sale and no masks. Got gas and no masks. Did they cancel the virus or something and nobody told me?? Last I heard cases were rising at record numbers. Nothing like a little Russian roulette.

The apartments where I live,is getting new roofs.and mine is one of the 1st three to get a new one.and their using rolls of some type of insulation, instead of tar paper.pluss.they cut a slot along the peek of roof.then placed a little roof of some kind above it.it'll help keep thing's cooler in the summer,but I'm wondering about the winter.

LOL, I was writing this when the site went down yesterday. But it remembered what I was writing (I had forgotten)

Anyway, a second wave is rolling on since people getting tired and negligent to continue with the protection measure.
I think we are just now getting the first wave. We were largely spared up until the middle of June, when people started dropping their guard. Infections have been increasing exponentially for a couple of weeks and now deaths for the last week or so.

xcniVaQ.png

In New Zealand we're having new confirmed cases daily. They're being caught at the isolation/quarantine hotels but a few hundred people got released into the general population without being tested first and the "finding services" are having trouble finding them (shhh we're not supposed to remember that 🤫) , so there's alway the potential that it could spread again.

People here seem to fall into two categories; the minority who are still being cautious, and the majority who act like they've never heard of covid-19 (or any other disease).

I guess I look at this just like I do on all our prepping. We all know the benefits of having emergency supplies and wonder why the masses laugh about the paranoid preppers. Wearing a mask and avoiding crowds right now is the prudent thing to do. I do it for myself and my wife’s well being. The old saying about leading a horse to water comes to mind here. Ron Whites saying also comes to mind, ‘you can’t fix stupid!’.

It looks like my restrictive duties will be lifted Friday July 3rd, Wednesday the brace is coming off my leg. Hell of an Independence Day ...FREEDOM though the Doc said I will have to get a hip replacement sometime in the future so in the mean time I will walk with a limp and permanent scarring around lower rib but I'm ready for fire season!

It looks like my restrictive duties will be lifted Friday July 3rd, Wednesday the brace is coming off my leg. Hell of an Independence Day ...FREEDOM though the Doc said I will have to get a hip replacement sometime in the future so in the mean time I will walk with a limp and permanent scarring around lower rib but I'm ready for fire season!

Stay away from horses and waterfalls.

Latest posts

Back