What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you Doc. Heck I'd dance around a bonfire naked in the backyard if it would keep me from getting sick 🤪

Well I'm just thinking outside the box here, but it might be worth a try. lol

Might I suggest at least wear some comfortable shoes and drink some good moonshine to accompany the dancing?HAHAHAHAHA

Well I'm just thinking outside the box here, but it might be worth a try. lol

Might I suggest at least wear some comfortable shoes and drink some good moonshine to accompany the dancing?HAHAHAHAHA

Moonshine is not my thing. How about some bourbon. For medicinal purposes mind ya!

I got notification yesterday I have to go back into the office next week, I've been working from home since the beginning of the crisis. I can't say it's something I'm looking forward to, however it was inevitable. Over the last couple of weeks I have been thinking about how I can mitigate the extra risk. So far I have come up with keeping a pair of shoes separate just for walking outside, having a change of clothes in the down stairs bathroom so that I can take outside shoes off at the door and go straight in to bathroom to wash and change. Used clothes will go straight into the washing machine and I have made some facemasks. If I've missed anything, please shout up. I also have a roomspray that is antibac and antiviral.

I got notification yesterday I have to go back into the office next week, I've been working from home since the beginning of the crisis. I can't say it's something I'm looking forward to, however it was inevitable. Over the last couple of weeks I have been thinking about how I can mitigate the extra risk. So far I have come up with keeping a pair of shoes separate just for walking outside, having a change of clothes in the down stairs bathroom so that I can take outside shoes off at the door and go straight in to bathroom to wash and change. Used clothes will go straight into the washing machine and I have made some facemasks. If I've missed anything, please shout up. I also have a roomspray that is antibac and antiviral.
Carry some sort of small bottle of hand sanitizer and use it liberally on your hands. Also practice not touching your face. The masks work best if multi layered and fit well to your face.

Scary times Sally. My daughter has been working from home ( software analyst) since March. Her company is telling her that she will probably be working from home permanently now.

Screenshot_2020-07-05-16-52-01.png

Like I said I believe it is only a matter of time before major restrictions come. I see it as inevitable as the tide. I also really regret selling all my guns and ammo too. A real shame....

My state has implemented mandatory wearing of masks in public and 6 foot spacing. My town has an 11 pm to 5 am curfew which makes no real sense being as though we only have around 5000 people and one town in our entire county. Plus we roll up the sidewalks at 7 pm and only have 2 traffic lights. lol
I don't understand how curfews protect against the virus, lol. It can only spread at certain times of day?
The CDC said today that COVID19 is on verge of losing it's epidemic status because they have had 10 straight weeks of lower deaths.
I saw some great articles on the lowering death rate. One of the reasons is more widespread testing in places like NY (where the positive test rate is like 1%) but the death rate is still lower even in areas where the positive test rate is still high. I saw a doctor being interviewed talking about how much they have learned about treating COVID patients where many people survive now who would have died 3 months ago. One of the biggest changes has been going straight to ECMO when a ventilator is ineffective, because increased ventilator use just damages the lungs and does not provide more oxygen.
I'm with you Doc. Heck I'd dance around a bonfire naked in the backyard if it would keep me from getting sick 🤪
At this point I'd do just about anything, lol.
Carry some sort of small bottle of hand sanitizer and use it liberally on your hands. Also practice not touching your face. The masks work best if multi layered and fit well to your face.
I have extra masks and hand sanitizer in my edc. I get my mask nicely adjusted with clean hands and then I don't want to touch my face because I might mess it up.

Latest posts

Back