Sutures,Lidocaine and syringes...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not many people use syringes for insulin anymore,they come in disposable syringes these days and you toss em when they're empty.
But thats some good info about the oragell. I'll definitely look into it if I cant get my GP or my pain doc to work with me.

You live in Tx. Try Tractor Supply Company. They will have syringes and needles, not sure if they have a small enough gauge needle for lidocaine though. TSC is my friend.

Just did a little reading on the subject and redheads do indeed need around 20% more pain relievers for them to be effective.
Makes you wonder why.

That 20% is also variable.

I'm a natural red head and my body does metabolize things like anesthesia, lidocaine, Novocain etc very fast.

To give you an idea, the Dentist has to give me the 4 hour version of Novocain and it lasts aprox 20 minutes before he has to give me another. It is not unusual for me to reach my max allowed by law when having a couple of cavities done.
As a kid I was outside a lot and went blonde...I actually had a dentist back then telling me I was faking it! My mother wondered why I would scream and cry about going to the dentist.

When put under for a medical procedure, rather than waking fully up in one hour, I am fully awake in less than half an hour.

A doctor explained it to me once, had to do with a gene responsible for metabolizing poisons or something like that.

That 20% is also variable.

I'm a natural red head and my body does metabolize things like anesthesia, lidocaine, Novocain etc very fast.
A doctor explained it to me once, had to do with a gene responsible for metabolizing poisons or something like that.

That's very interesting. My dentist back when I lived in Galveston referred to the dosage I needed (had it so noted on my chart he showed me) as
"ELEPHANT DOSE". And he was the lucky dentist who had to also combat an additional layer. For a couple of years, I took Nortriptyline as a migraine headache preventative. Worked a miracle, as I haven't had one since and no longer take it. Nortriptyline is known to "block" the efficacy of pain medications, according to an article that was published in the Houston Post. So during those two years I was taking the drug, I gently reminded him of the medication's additional layer of anesthesia resistance.

Latest posts

Back