Sutures,Lidocaine and syringes...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obtaining Lidocain Without A Prescription

Below is a running conversation (4 years ago) I was in on a Prepper site regarding the Lidocain & needles I purchased:

2% injectable lidocaine, 50ml multi-dose vial, $17.95. https://www.mountainside-medical.com...02d78df0&_ss=r

Jim Posted: "Crunch: I ordered the Lidocaine by itself. I got spooked trying to order hypodermic needles; figured it best to get the Lidocaine first.
Any advice on ordering the needles? They were flagged to not go into the CART without contacting them first. Thanks".

His Response Back:

"shopmedvet.com is usually where I get them, and no Rx or medical license required to ship to FL. They sell the syringes and needles separately or together as a combo. A 3-5 ml syringe with a 25-30 gauge needle would be a good choice for injecting lidocaine before suturing/stapling a laceration. AHS 3mL Luer Lock Syringe with 27g x 1-1/2in. Needle | Med-Vet International They sell them by the box too. Never had a problem ordering with them, shipping cost is $10 unless you buy over $100 though. They run sales with good prices sometimes, and they don't spam (or sell) your email."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. on 5/3/22: The links above now require a prescription. What I was told by one medical source is that you need to keep searching as medical suppliers sell openly until they are told to stop. Then another supplier begins selling openly. They are out there; that is how I purchased our supply. Keep searching.

If you need help searching contact me. One of our members is a Pharmacist and has contacts with Canadian suppliers for meds not available in the US. [email protected]

Last edited:
Won't let me see it without a paid subscription to the New York Times. HELL NO!

That's odd, Now when I click it I get what you are getting re: subscribing. Wasn't doing that when I posted the link this morning. I actually sat and re-read the entire article again this morning. I know it was really early and I was really sleepy, but it did stay on the screen for a full read. Weird.

Just did a little reading on the subject and redheads do indeed need around 20% more pain relievers for them to be effective.
Makes you wonder why.

Don’t forget the Indian folks too. I’m both, like Buttoni and they have a hard time putting me out too. But, I take pain incredibly well.

That's odd, Now when I click it I get what you are getting re: subscribing. Wasn't doing that when I posted the link this morning. I actually sat and re-read the entire article again this morning. I know it was really early and I was really sleepy, but it did stay on the screen for a full read. Weird.
Sometimes I can see NYT articles and sometimes I can't. I think maybe they allow so many free articles per month or something.

Don’t forget the Indian folks too. I’m both, like Buttoni and they have a hard time putting me out too. But, I take pain incredibly well.

I'm pretty resistant to pain meds myself.
I did do some partying when I was younger but that was three decades ago.
They had me on morphine after my last hip surgery and to get complete relief I had to double the dose.
On the plus side I've always had lower back pain if I stayed in bed more than 6 or 7 hours. I now can sleep for 12 hours or more ...if I'm not careful.
But after all those years of back pain I cant help but Lie in bed and bask in the glow of pain free sleeping.

Thanks for the reminder Jontte! I have a few of those, but should get more…just in case they disappear. Not even sure where they are manufactured.

I'd forgotten about those.
I saw a video on them years ago but this is the first time I've seen them mentioned since.
Definitely a must have.
Thanks for the reminder.

Done and did!!!
Picked up a dozen of the various brands.
And of course once you start shopping for preps you cant stop on one thing.
Picked up 6 Israeli pressure bandages as well.

Done and did!!!
Picked up a dozen of the various brands.
And of course once you start shopping for preps you cant stop on one thing.
Picked up 6 Israeli pressure bandages as well.
that's why my wife kinda keeps an eye on me, she knows my "hobby" and my desire to be ready 😂

what did yoy pay for those zips?
remember when they came on the market, they cost alot..and amazon didn't deliver those to Finland

that's why my wife kinda keeps an eye on me, she knows my "hobby" and my desire to be ready 😂

what did yoy pay for those zips?
remember when they came on the market, they cost alot..and amazon didn't deliver those to Finland

They were anywhere from $15 bucks to $35 bucks.
I'm lucky in that the Wife actually came to me about prepping with all the weird shit going on.
I'd dropped some hints that we should start prepping and one day she asked me If I thought we had enough ammo.
Of course I took that to mean I should drop several thousand on ammo. When she asked me if it was enough I spent another thousand.
She didnt even make a peep. After that it was Katy bar the door!! She's ordering stuff,mainly food preps all on Her own.
We didnt actually start getting serious about it until around 3 or 4 months ago so we had some ground to make up. Of course I've read all the books about it for years since it's something that intrigues me.
It sure makes it easier when both parties are on the same page.

sure does, we both have a need to relocate away from this city we live in and she keeps a well stocked pantry too, she's after all a true Karelian woman ;)

So how difficult is it to prep in Finland?
I dont know anything about your firearm laws or political situation.
Are their places you can bug out to?
I know Finland isnt all that big compared to the US but do you have access to unpopulated areas?

@TexPrep I'm in the middle of writing another post here and realized I made a mistake and had to take the time to come back here and look like an idiot quick. Oragel is Benzocaine, not lidocaine. It might still work, but probably nowhere near as good. Many apologies. For a while I was planning to make the next best toothache medicine, and in the process I had flooded my brain with all the different structures of whatever-"caine's" and got them mixed up (there's many of them). They are very similar in structure, my mistake.

@TexPrep I'm in the middle of writing another post here and realized I made a mistake and had to take the time to come back here and look like an idiot quick. Oragel is Benzocaine, not lidocaine. It might still work, but probably nowhere near as good. Many apologies. For a while I was planning to make the next best toothache medicine, and in the process I had flooded my brain with all the different structures of whatever-"caine's" and got them mixed up (there's many of them). They are very similar in structure, my mistake.

No worries.
I hadn't got my lab up and running yet anyway.

Latest posts

Back