rural people shooting

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toexist

God Like
Banned
Reaction score

Gee wiz, this must imply some how rural people can't shoot worth a damn.

Last edited:
I'm near Huntsville, AL. Lots of really smart people there. Lots. Like my grandfather would say, a lot of them don't have enough common sense to pour piss out of a boot....

I'm sure there are a lot so smart people in Chicago as well. Lots of gangbangers as well. Just like everywhere else of any size....

I'm near Huntsville, AL. Lots of really smart people there. Lots. Like my grandfather would say, a lot of them don't have enough common sense to pour piss out of a boot....

I'm sure there are a lot so smart people in Chicago as well. Lots of gangbangers as well. Just like everywhere else of any size....

I get along with most people from all walks of life. Most country folks are extremely kind intelligent hard working people who's company I enjoy.

I've traveled extensively all over and refuse to label or lump people together based on the region they choose to live.

For some reason as a "city fellar" I feel a constant hostility from a few members here. I'm fair game but I'm not one to back down when insulting statements are being directed towards me. If ur going to give it u better be willing to take it. That is all. I take no pleasure in debating nonsense.

Gee wiz, this must imply some how rural people can't shoot worth a damn.

awwwww,,,shit happens,I know 3 people who shot themselves the 1 guy will never say how he did it another was nothing more than a dumb ### who should never be allowed to own a gun and the 3rd who's weapon had a fault that he knew about but chose to use it anyways 2 were leg wounds the other was a foot and the jerk did it 2 time's,,,and one guy who killed his bed,,

and to lay your rural theory to bed 2 were country folks and 2 were city dwellers,,,,but I liked the video he told the truth on what and how he did it,,,,,

awwwww,,,shit happens,I know 3 people who shot themselves the 1 guy will never say how he did it another was nothing more than a dumb ### who should never be allowed to own a gun and the 3rd who's weapon had a fault that he knew about but chose to use it anyways 2 were leg wounds the other was a foot and the jerk did it 2 time's,,,and one guy who killed his bed,,

and to lay your rural theory to bed 2 were country folks and 2 were city dwellers,,,,but I liked the video he told the truth on what and how he did it,,,,,

Agreed, I was being sarcastic. Obviously I know one moron could not possibly represent all people from entire specific region.

I was merely attempting to express just how ridiculous that kind of thinking is.

yes there are idiots everywhere, but most city folk aren't prepared for even the smallest inconveniences.
i'm not sure in a larger event that survival in the city is possible, once the lights go off and the trucks stop rolling most people are stuffed, most don't even have a flashlight, mind you I know people living in the countryside that don't have a flashlight either!!:D

yes there are idiots everywhere, but most city folk aren't prepared for even the smallest inconveniences.
i'm not sure in a larger event that survival in the city is possible, once the lights go off and the trucks stop rolling most people are stuffed, most don't even have a flashlight, mind you I know people living in the countryside that don't have a flashlight either!!:D

Paul,,I live in Arkansas and I have lived in a large city judging from from what I seen the majority no matter where they are are in deep shit,save for storm shelters there are no bunkers in case of nuclear war ,darn few people garden these days,most have stores of food for 10 days or less,,there will be looting and regardless of your location,stores will be cleaned out the law will be gone,,,until the population thins out ,,,,and it will the chance of being shot for what you have will be high in rural America and in large cities,it is a gloomy outlook no matter where you are at,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and last but not least the death rate will be higher in cities only because there are more people in cities,,,I understand your disdain for city folk ,but when it comes to being prepared the percentage of those who might survive is probably pretty close to the same,,,,I figure about 20 to 35 out of a hundred in a large event lasting several years

Paul,,I live in Arkansas and I have lived in a large city judging from from what I seen the majority no matter where they are are in deep shit,save for storm shelters there are no bunkers in case of nuclear war ,darn few people garden these days,most have stores of food for 10 days or less,,there will be looting and regardless of your location,stores will be cleaned out the law will be gone,,,until the population thins out ,,,,and it will the chance of being shot for what you have will be high in rural America and in large cities,it is a gloomy outlook no matter where you are at,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and last but not least the death rate will be higher in cities only because there are more people in cities,,,I understand your disdain for city folk ,but when it comes to being prepared the percentage of those who might survive is probably pretty close to the same,,,,I figure about 20 to 35 out of a hundred in a large event lasting several years
I too have lived in a city-40 years both man and boy-and city people especially in the UK aren't prepared for ANYTHING-no matter how large or how small, the slightest thing and they are lost. 80% of British people now live in cities or large urban centres and have lost touch with the land and country roots, they reckon most people in the UK are 4 generations removed from the land.
on average people have 3-7 days worth of "food" in the house, but most of it is the microwavable kind, life is so hectic these days most have no time to cook from fresh.
the estimated survival rate here would be in the 5-10% range after maybe 3-6 months.

I too have lived in a city-40 years both man and boy-and city people especially in the UK aren't prepared for ANYTHING-no matter how large or how small, the slightest thing and they are lost. 80% of British people now live in cities or large urban centres and have lost touch with the land and country roots, they reckon most people in the UK are 4 generations removed from the land.
on average people have 3-7 days worth of "food" in the house, but most of it is the microwavable kind, life is so hectic these days most have no time to cook from fresh.
the estimated survival rate here would be in the 5-10% range after maybe 3-6 months.

maybe in the UK,but the USA is not the UK,,,we are not so rooted that we will sit and wait for death to take us

maybe in the UK,but the USA is not the UK,,,we are not so rooted that we will sit and wait for death to take us
in the UK there seems to be this prevailing attitude amongst the Sheeple that its always someone else's job or fault!!
we don't have the pioneering heritage that you Americans do and most people in the UK seem to just sit and wait for help to arrive.

in the UK there seems to be this prevailing attitude amongst the Sheeple that its always someone else's job or fault!!
we don't have the pioneering heritage that you Americans do and most people in the UK seem to just sit and wait for help to arrive.
the Uk has a history of exploration and settling in new areas,Africa,India,Australia and here in the Americas,just to name a few,,your low opinion of your people gives me the idea someone left you holding the bag in the past,,I know how that feels,,,,I think you are selling the people of the UK short,,

I hope we never see a life changing event,

the Uk has a history of exploration and settling in new areas,Africa,India,Australia and here in the Americas,just to name a few,,your low opinion of your people gives me the idea someone left you holding the bag in the past,,I know how that feels,,,,I think you are selling the people of the UK short,,

I hope we never see a life changing event,
different generation these days.

That's odd, I am a "city fellar" and I don't remember ever having any hostility being directed towards me because of it.

With all due respect doctor...I don't think anyone views u as a city fellar. Columbus Georgia isn't exactly a major metropolitan city. Not to take anything away from it as I'm sure it's a wonderful place to live.

You are right about Columbus. Even though it's the second largest city in Georgia, (due to adjoining Fort Benning) it really doesn't feel like a city. More like an overgrown country town.

But I didn't always live here. I grew up and have lived in real cities...is Atlanta big enough for you? :)

Latest posts

Back