Who is still Wearing Masks, and why?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The city closest to where I live started back up with the mask mandate bs. All the stores have the signs back up and every person in them (except for me) are wearing them. Funny thing is I haven't once put a mask back on and nobody that works or who was in any of these stores has asked me to, in which case I wouldn't anyway. Whenever I'm in the store it's really obvious that many of the people notice I don't have a mask on and they have that look like why am I wearing one?

Last edited:
I am 74 years old! With that being said, yes I still ware a mask when leaving my home to go to my bank and do a little shopping! I am a diabetic that I can't seem to regulate, could be because of the sweets that I love!🤔 I had a heart attack some years back! And I am very susceptible to Asthma Bronchitis and deal with allergies 12 months of the year!
My oldest son and his wife live with me! If they leave the home and go out of the house to shop with the general public, etc! When they come back home, I don't let them in my living quarters for a while until they have washed their hands I may put on a mask! So yes I ware a mask! Do I believe a mask works, I am undecided! It has become a dilemma! But also I believe that the powers that be should have no say so as to how we citizens of the USA conduct our lives and the choices we make! Yours kindly- Patsy Jo!

I have to wear a mask at work since I am unvaccinated. I am ok with it. . . No make up. no problem. . Saving money!!! Will a mask keep me from getting Covid? NOPE! I feel bad for our older generation and the ones that have underlining health issues. They try to take precautions that will not keep them safe. I am hopeful for you, just hope you know the reality.

I have to wear a mask at work since I am unvaccinated. I am ok with it. . . No make up. no problem. . Saving money!!! Will a mask keep me from getting Covid? NOPE! I feel bad for our older generation and the ones that have underlining health issues. They try to take precautions that will not keep them safe. I am hopeful for you, just hope you know the reality.
Neither will the jab, I have a custOmer who has had COVID twice since getting the jab, even gave it to his sister. Almost killed her.

I still wear a mask (but not a cloth or mesh one).
At work we wear masks but when in the doc area, we sit down and take them off while charting to get a break. Gets tiresome to wear them for 12 hours a day. I hate having them on when talking to my patients that can't hear and rely on lip reading. I usually pull it down a bit so I can converse with them (if they aren't intubated).

I still wear a mask (but not a cloth or mesh one).
At work we wear masks but when in the doc area, we sit down and take them off while charting to get a break. Gets tiresome to wear them for 12 hours a day. I hate having them on when talking to my patients that can't hear and rely on lip reading. I usually pull it down a bit so I can converse with them (if they aren't intubated).
You are in a different situation than the regular. We normal's don't have
the same PPE you get

You are in a different situation than the regular. We normal's don't have
the same PPE you get
agree, but I also wear it out to the grocery store, or a kids sporting game. Too many people. ;)

When this whole mess started I was wearing Chemo grade masks. We had a bunch past the expiration date.
Wearing a cammo Gaiter was fun for a while. Got the negative reactions I wanted around here. Covid beard made gaiters my go to for most of 2020.
Now it’s just a neoprene mask that I can easily tear off outside.
My inner circle has consisted of the woman at the Pharmacy counter and the guy where I pick up my Mail. At the Mail place, we have decided the numbers don’t justify this crap.
Maybe someday, I will know what the lower part of the Pharmacy clerks face looks like.

I am 74 years old! With that being said, yes I still ware a mask when leaving my home to go to my bank and do a little shopping! I am a diabetic that I can't seem to regulate, could be because of the sweets that I love!🤔 I had a heart attack some years back! And I am very susceptible to Asthma Bronchitis and deal with allergies 12 months of the year!
My oldest son and his wife live with me! If they leave the home and go out of the house to shop with the general public, etc! When they come back home, I don't let them in my living quarters for a while until they have washed their hands I may put on a mask! So yes I ware a mask! Do I believe a mask works, I am undecided! It has become a dilemma! But also I believe that the powers that be should have no say so as to how we citizens of the USA conduct our lives and the choices we make! Yours kindly- Patsy Jo!

I am 74 also but I already had C19 so I don't worry about it. Nor do I have any obligation to undergo a medical procedure for others. So I am a huge mask reactionary. If I need that particular good or service and cannot get it anywhere else, I might wear a mask but only after being confronted. My doctor wanted me to get a yearly (and useless) blood test and the lab wanted a mask. I told them no. They told me to leave. I told them to sign my referral paper from my doctor that they had kicked me out. They refused. They threatened the sheriff. I told them call him and I will get his name on the referral. They did. I did. And now my doctor has moved on to my real issues --- so resistance was not futile for me.

Last edited:
I learned here that masks don’t do anything. Cancer patients have been lied to for decades.

Cancer patients may be susceptible to dust, pollen, bacteria, and airborne pollution.

Read the box the masks came in -- they all state the truth -- NO VIRAL protection.

COVID is no worse than the seasonal flu which disappeared when COVID arrived. By telling you to wear masks, wash constantly, stay home, stay away from people, etc. -- you are tricked into believing this is why you didn't die from COVID.

The fact is -- COVID affects the same people the flu affected. The fact is -- this is a pandemic of malpractice by the medical community, aided by a media only too happy to silence dissenting voices.

Last edited:
Cancer patients may be susceptible to dust, pollen, bacteria, and airborne pollution.

Read the box the masks came in -- they all state the truth -- NO VIRAL protection.

COVID is no worse than the seasonal flu which disappeared when COVID arrived. By telling you to wear masks, wash constantly, stay home, stay away from people, etc. -- you are tricked into believing this is why you didn't die from COVID.

The fact is -- COVID affects the same people the flu affected. The fact is -- this is a pandemic of malpractice by the medical community, aided by a media only too happy to silence dissenting voices.
The masks not only dont work but they look stupid too. We'll be leaving Oregon for home tomorrow and heading back to unmasked territory.

Latest posts

Back