What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is absolutely nothing going on in my neighborhood. I look out the front window (west)and I see fields and cows. Black cows and corn fields. South I see woods. East I see an open field and fences. North I see trees. Sun is shining, birds are singing. All the baby birds are trying to learn to fly and leaving the nests. Ducks are waddling around the back yard rooting through the hosta ( slug heaven). Wishing for rain as it is somewhat dry. Temperatures have been great, maybe low 80's. All is well with my world. Stay safe everyone.

I got a man in my house again!! :p :p I was wide awake at 4 am this morning, but that was ok. . . I only had 30 minutes left to sleep so got an early start. . . of coarse coffee but then went out to start feeding all the critters. Large cow pastures, pigs, goats, chickens, the mama cow with her heifer calf in the front pasture and goats. Came into shower and headed for my hunny. I so missed having him here at home with me. Check in visitor hour started at 7 am, I was 10 minutes from that so stood in line to get checked in. The only text I got from hunny was that he wanted a coke, so I filled his Yetti with ice cold Root beer that I had to sneak in my crochet bag. . . thankful the lady checking me in didn't notice. or at least she didn't say anything. :). I was able to get there early enough for the doctor visit. He pulled the device down and hunny will have to do that a couple times a day, but have to admit it looked painful. Hunny got released about 820 this morning with a couple prescriptions that needed to get picked up. His pharmacy didn't open till 9 so had to do a little waiting before heading home but not bad at all. Hunny is a little slow moving and sore but slow and steady wins the race eventually. He went straight for the recliner to watch tv. I went out to the garden to do my picking then inside to make sure he had everything he needed then lay down for an hour. Only a few hours sleep last night. . .it wasn't enough and took a small nap in that hour. Ended up canning 7 1/2 lbs of tomatoes into rotels, cream corn after cutting the corn of the cobs and some roast I defrosted because I wanted a fuller canner since cream corn is 95 minutes. I ended with the rotels which was only 1 1/2 canners. . . Then went out to feed all the outside critters again. Still need to do some more picjing of dry beans this evening. . . .

I got a man in my house again!! :p :p I was wide awake at 4 am this morning, but that was ok. . . I only had 30 minutes left to sleep so got an early start. . . of coarse coffee but then went out to start feeding all the critters. Large cow pastures, pigs, goats, chickens, the mama cow with her heifer calf in the front pasture and goats. Came into shower and headed for my hunny. I so missed having him here at home with me. Check in visitor hour started at 7 am, I was 10 minutes from that so stood in line to get checked in. The only text I got from hunny was that he wanted a coke, so I filled his Yetti with ice cold Root beer that I had to sneak in my crochet bag. . . thankful the lady checking me in didn't notice. or at least she didn't say anything. :). I was able to get there early enough for the doctor visit. He pulled the device down and hunny will have to do that a couple times a day, but have to admit it looked painful. Hunny got released about 820 this morning with a couple prescriptions that needed to get picked up. His pharmacy didn't open till 9 so had to do a little waiting before heading home but not bad at all. Hunny is a little slow moving and sore but slow and steady wins the race eventually. He went straight for the recliner to watch tv. I went out to the garden to do my picking then inside to make sure he had everything he needed then lay down for an hour. Only a few hours sleep last night. . .it wasn't enough and took a small nap in that hour. Ended up canning 7 1/2 lbs of tomatoes into rotels, cream corn after cutting the corn of the cobs and some roast I defrosted because I wanted a fuller canner since cream corn is 95 minutes. I ended with the rotels which was only 1 1/2 canners. . . Then went out to feed all the outside critters again. Still need to do some more picjing of dry beans this evening. . . .

Lord you make me tired just reading your posts:D

Thank you so very much. . . I am too. ;) He is the love of my life. . . much like yours is to you.

I know I have went through bullet wounds, burns, spinal surgery and heart attack with mine. I tell him I want to die one minute before him so that I never have to live without him. He drives me crazy and picks at me all the time but I sure would miss him.

One of my coworkers was in bad car wreck with her kids - fortunately they were properly buckled and in car seats and will be okay. She was injured pretty bad and will be out of work for a couple months with surgeries and physical therapy.
We also had our first employee test positive today. Case numbers are going up rapidly and they are starting to talk about a second lock down.

One of my coworkers was in bad car wreck with her kids - fortunately they were properly buckled and in car seats and will be okay. She was injured pretty bad and will be out of work for a couple months with surgeries and physical therapy.
We also had our first employee test positive today. Case numbers are going up rapidly and they are starting to talk about a second lock down.
Sorry to hear about your co-worker along with her family. Hope they are all ok. I know it is diffucult to work short handed especially when it is weeks.

Danilgrl you are like the Energizer Bunny! I’m with DD, you wear me out just reading what you do!!

I slept in till 530 and still didn't want to get up. Goats are always last on my list of feeding schedule just so I get a few more minutes with my kids. I noticed that something attacked one of my baby bucks last night at his throat. There are some puncture wounds but not too much damage and he seems ok. I know a while back we had a bobcat in our area but that was months ago. Just seems like there would have been more damage unless it's young. I really hope not. I have to go back to work tonight. Maybe I will tell hunny he needs to leave big Al out. Garden was picked this morning, 3 - 5 gallon buckets worth of stuff plus my first watermelon and my table is FULL of beans drying. Just need to fluff periodically so they don't mold. I have a Mr Pea Sheller Jr coming from my sister which I have been wanting for years now. When she comes back in town, that's when I will take all the hulls off. Cows in the big pasture were out of hay so that got taken out to them with the tractor. Boy that hay ring is a buggar to get flipped up and over. . . I'm ready for a shower now and it's only 10am.

Yesterday the wife and I left home early and went down south to get feed and building materials. After a 9 hour trip I wasn't feeling well and was looking forward to laying down. But instead we could hear the bulls fighting up the mountain above the house. Took the side by side up to check it out. They had about 200 feet of fencing tore down. Got the range bulls chased off, with a little help from the .410, and started repairs. They had broken fence posts scattered all over the place and broke 3 strands of barb wire. Finished repairs right at dark. Got back to the house and crawled in to bed.

Got a text this morning from the Post office that our chicks are in. Heading to town now.

Yesterday the wife and I left home early and went down south to get feed and building materials. After a 9 hour trip I wasn't feeling well and was looking forward to laying down. But instead we could hear the bulls fighting up the mountain above the house. Took the side by side up to check it out. They had about 200 feet of fencing tore down. Got the range bulls chased off, with a little help from the .410, and started repairs. They had broken fence posts scattered all over the place and broke 3 strands of barb wire. Finished repairs right at dark. Got back to the house and crawled in to bed.

Got a text this morning from the Post office that our chicks are in. Heading to town now.
Glad your wife is still there to help! Fixing that much fence lines is not an easy task even on a good day.

Glad your wife is still there to help! Fixing that much fence lines is not an easy task even on a good day.
It really is nice having her around. I still have a couple miles of fence that I haven't seen yet this year. Probably not got to get to it either.
I need to make an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. Something isn't right.

Latest posts

Back