What's new where you live?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best advise I can give is borrow a wheelchair if you can. . . It was much easier on the armpits to just use crutches going down the hall and bathroom. I borrowed moms since she keeps a couple around the house in case her electric wheelchair goes out. I would sit in it and push myself around backwards using my good foot and go all around the property.

Btw. . . You are lucky to have your husband's help. Mine would have let it rot.
My husband is clueless about gardens.

I don’t know what I was thinking when I built this place with two stories! We don’t tend to think about getting older when we’re young and healthy.

When we built, I put a bathroom by the guest room with an oversized shower. No tub so a parent could just walk in. She now has a shower seat in there.

So is mine Robin! He was not raised around anything growing. LOL. However, he does carry all the heavy stuff for me to the garden...or should I say transport it via his small tractor. He also tills up the ground for me. Frankly, I like my peace in the garden by myself. Do you enjoy your time alone in the garden?

mine too ;) . . . But it sure would be nice if mine would help with weeding or at least weedeat around my garden. I did make mine help plant corn this year. That's a lot of work to raise corn in this area. Have to plant deep so it doesn't get knocked over by the high winds we get sometimes. I told him a few days ago some were ready to be picked. I'd still be waiting for him to do it. . . I started at first light this morning. By the time he made it outside to do his feeding, I already had the wheelbarrow loaded and I was picking beans.

mine too ;) . . . But it sure would be nice if mine would help with weeding or at least weedeat around my garden. I did make mine help plant corn this year. That's a lot of work to raise corn in this area. Have to plant deep so it doesn't get knocked over by the high winds we get sometimes. I told him a few days ago some were ready to be picked. I'd still be waiting for him to do it. . . I started at first light this morning. By the time he made it outside to do his feeding, I already had the wheelbarrow loaded and I was picking beans.

You are a real go get’um girl! Never thought about planting corn deeper. Will try that next time.

You are a real go get’um girl! Never thought about planting corn deeper. Will try that next time.
I have had it uprooted and blown over way to many times not to. . . Minimum of 8 inch trenches and back fill as they grow. Just make sure you don't back fill too much at a time or you will smother them. Only thing that has actually worked for me. I also don't have to water as much once they are establish since roots are deep down instead of right under the soil top.

Beautiful Day today in my neighborhood. Hubby put some chicken pieces on the grill and barbecued while I made baked beans and potato salad. We ate in the back yard and sat under the shade trees with the dogs and the ducks and shelled the last of the green peas. A wonderful relaxing day.

Ahh, the scene you paint is lovely! Glad you are getting outside and enjoying DD!

Ahh, the scene you paint is lovely! Glad you are getting outside and enjoying DD!

Those of us that live in rural areas that are fortunate enough to not be the middle of the turmoil and violence are truly fortunate. I am thankful to be so lucky and intend to enjoy the peace while it lasts as it could be over tomorrow and I could be fighting for my life with trouble knocking at the door.

there are no statues out here in rural Britain, as far as I am concerned they can tear down all the statues they like, IT CHANGES NOTHING, the past is still the past, history has happened, even if they air brush stuff from the history books its still happened nothing can change that.
most protestors/rioters are stupid snowflakes, it'll be statues today, next week they'll be protesting about not getting free meals or coffee to go or some such other.

All protests here have been peaceful, but that's typical for our town. It stays pretty quiet.
COVID numbers are going up sharply though now. No doubt due in part to gatherings such as protests, church reopenings, and summer barbecues and crawfish boils.

I was up at 4am to start my morning of just waking up. with coffee, then feeding. We had to be at the hospital by 7 am for hunny's check in and his surgery was supposed to have started at 9 but it was more like 10am. He was out by 1140 and according to the doctor was perfect. I am very hopeful. We ended up in a room a little after 1 so he got to eat a lunch of sausage with rice and sauteed mushrooms, zucchini, and squash. . Guess what I got to eat off his plate. But it came under the last patient name. Hunny was very awake compared to his surgery in the big city, so that was nice. Last time he was very hard to wake up . . . even hours after. I did leave him at about 330 so I could make the drive home to let dogs out and do evening feeding of goats and cows to go back but picked up dinner for him on my way. . . lets face it, hospital food sucks. It is my birthday so thought fried shrimp and fish which is one of his favorites. When I started the Expedition up, it made a noise. . . Then the driver side window didn't work along with the radio and A/C and everything along that area.. . .It may just be a relay but I had to drive back home to get my truck with that heat. At the hospital, they ask you questions at first arrival then take your temp. , , If you leave after the intentional check in, they take your temp. I had to leave to do evening feeding even though it was early. Even after I got home garden needed watered, cows checked, 1 goat medicated, chicjens fed and dogs fed. It was almost 930 by the time I was done, . . .Now since my hunny is gome I can not sleep. Last time was 2012 for one night. Before that was maybe 2000.

Last edited:
I was up at 4am to start my morning of just waking up. with coffee, then feeding. We had to be at the hospital by 7 am for hunny's check in and his surgery was supposed to have started at 9 but it was more like 10am. He was out by 1140 and according to the doctor was perfect. I am very hopeful. We ended up in a room a little after 1 so he got to eat a lunch of sausage with rice and sauteed mushrooms, zucchini, and squash. . Guess what I got to eat off his plate. But it came under the last patient name. Hunny was very awake compared to his surgery in the big city, so that was nice. Last time he was very hard to wake up . . . even hours after. I did leave him at about 330 so I could make the drive home to let dogs out and do evening feeding of goats and cows to go back but picked up dinner for him on my way. . . lets face it, hospital food sucks. It is my birthday so thought fried shrimp and fish which is one of his favorites. When I started the Expedition up, it made a noise. . . Then the driver side window didn't work along with the radio and A/C and everything along that area.. . .It may just be a relay but I had to drive back home to get my truck with that heat. At the hospital, they ask you questions at first arrival then take your temp. , , If you leave after the intentional check in, they take your temp. I had to leave to do evening feeding even though it was early. Even after I got home garden needed watered, cows checked, 1 goat medicated, chicjens fed and dogs fed. It was almost 930 by the time I was done, . . .Now since my hunny is gome I can not sleep. Last time was 2012 for one night. Before that was maybe 2000.
Dosent sound like much of a happy birthday for you! I’m really glad for you both with the surgery going well though. I am down to just three dogs to care for now, and one of those are getting really old. I would like to do some traveling one day when it’s safe again so am holding off on more critters for now. They are a full time commitment no matter what is going on in your life.

Latest posts

Back