What will be your Trigger moment, mine is.....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night a co worker is all upset about not having enough food to get her and her family thru this if the stores do not get replenished soon. . I asked her what she had in the freezer right now along with dried goods. Have her a few options to stretch out her ground beef a d let quarters to make a few more meals with them. Her response was on I can't do that. . . 17 yr old grandson won't eat that! He has to have pizza or chicken nuggets. . . :rolleyes:. Really?? She is concerned about not having nutritious food available, but won't stretch out her resources to make it last a few more days?? If she thinks I have prebreaded chicken nuggets and frozen pizza in my freezer she is sorely mistaken. We don't eat that those type of things.

Now I have people I know that I warned about this 6 weeks ago and they mad at me because I wont help them enough now.

Saying goes, sucks to be you.

How is this for a 'trigger moment', saw that 37 states have declared state-wide school closing? Wow. At least they're taking this seriously now.

When the internet goes down, I will consider it the apocalypse. Putting my motion sensors and video cameras up tomorrow.

At our local catholic church the nun was asking the kids what they wanted to be when they grow up. She asked Thomas, who said he wanted to be an astronaut. She said, wonderful. Then she asked John and he said the president, to which she was pleased. Then she asked Mary what she wanted to be and Mary said a prostitute. The nun fainted immediately. When she came to, she again asked Mary and Mary again said a prostitute. The nun said "Oh thank God" delightedly, "I thought you said a protestant".

Last night a co worker is all upset about not having enough food to get her and her family thru this if the stores do not get replenished soon. . I asked her what she had in the freezer right now along with dried goods. Have her a few options to stretch out her ground beef a d let quarters to make a few more meals with them. Her response was on I can't do that. . . 17 yr old grandson won't eat that! He has to have pizza or chicken nuggets. . . :rolleyes:. Really?? She is concerned about not having nutritious food available, but won't stretch out her resources to make it last a few more days?? If she thinks I have prebreaded chicken nuggets and frozen pizza in my freezer she is sorely mistaken. We don't eat that those type of things.

Then the 17 year old starves, no such thing as being picky in bad times.

When the internet goes down, I will consider it the apocalypse. Putting my motion sensors and video cameras up tomorrow.

At our local catholic church the nun was asking the kids what they wanted to be when they grow up. She asked Thomas, who said he wanted to be an astronaut. She said, wonderful. Then she asked John and he said the president, to which she was pleased. Then she asked Mary what she wanted to be and Mary said a prostitute. The nun fainted immediately. When she came to, she again asked Mary and Mary again said a prostitute. The nun said "Oh thank God" delightedly, "I thought you said a protestant".

Made me laugh right out loud and my hubby is sleeping beside me!! :D:D:D

Are you sure it was a 17 yr old? She must have meant 7 yr old. :eek: 17 yrs old is old enough to fend for ones self. If he can buy his own chicken nuggets and pizza let him eat it.

I definitely have frozen pizza in my freezer but it's for a quick meal when I don't feel like cooking and I don't have any leftovers. I grew up with a big family so I can stretch out those meals when needed - we had to eat whatever was available or go without.

Are you sure it was a 17 yr old? She must have meant 7 yr old. :eek: 17 yrs old is old enough to fend for ones self. If he can buy his own chicken nuggets and pizza let him eat it.

I definitely have frozen pizza in my freezer but it's for a quick meal when I don't feel like cooking and I don't have any leftovers. I grew up with a big family so I can stretch out those meals when needed - we had to eat whatever was available or go without.
Yep, 17. . .

Yep, 17. . .
This is probably the same mom who called my company last week to quit for her college age (adult) daughter. She called and started the conversation by asking for the owner's name. We get calls like that all the time, so first I thought it was a sales person. I told the owners name, informed that they're not available, offered to take a message. No, she wants to speak to them. It's important. I inform her that they are not available, I can take a message, but they don't usually return calls if they don't know what it's regarding. She says it's about her daughter and it's important. At this point I didn't know if her daughter was a client, or otherwise affiliated, so I passed along the message. The owner called this woman back and it was the mother of one of our employees, telling us that her daughter was quitting effective immediately. The funniest (not funny at all, that is) thing is I do HR so I was the one who needed to know that!
We have had 5 employees quit already because of this thing and I've heard rumors about a few others.

I have people I know that I warned about this 6 weeks ago and they mad at me because I wont help them enough now
Get set for the rest of them to get together and tell the wrong people about you and yours. A small army of beggars might be on the way. YOU will be on their SHIT LIST for the rest of their lives, no matter what happens. Maybe letting 160 persons know where you are was about 150 too many. Good luck and hang in there. Your family first...GP

Get set for the rest of them to get together and tell the wrong people about you and yours. A small army of beggars might be on the way. YOU will be on their SHIT LIST for the rest of their lives, no matter what happens. Maybe letting 160 persons know where you are was about 150 too many. Good luck and hang in there. Your family first...GP

These folks dont know where I am. Which is another thing there mad about ;)

My two sisters are the only ones that really know I am into prepping or any details about it. They both think I was extreme until recently. One is more self prepared than the other, but neither are what I’d call preppers. Anyways, letting people know you have food and supplies stashed probably isn’t the best idea right now. It’s not bad right now but wait and see if the groceries keep being restocked each day. On that note, my guys are working in an Atlanta grocery store today. It’s in a rougher neighborhood and even during normal times we tend to be wary. Right now there are police cars with their lights on all over the area. Very few cars on the road too. They said inside the store it’s a mad house with people grabbing everything they can. I believe we will stop servicing some areas pretty soon here.

Latest posts

Back