What is the plan

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I love cats. If you're coming from a belief that only humans can have fun and every other species does what it does out of instinct, then of course you are going to believe that cats can't have fun. My cat Juliet had fun tormenting, playing with, and finally killing mice (which were inside). And how on earth is it abuse to let a cat run around outside?

We have barn cats that found us. They are not supervised and keep mice out of the outbuildings, sleep in the rocking chairs on the front porch in the sunshine, and have a way to get in the warm basement in the winter. We do feed them, and they will take down mice (their job), and they are friendly, too. Recently a mama cat from another farm found our basement and brought two of her young ones along.

Going back to respond to Valkyrie's opening post . Those that didn't predict this or some SHTF event would likely happen eventually and prepare , starting years ago or indeed now facing horrific futures . I agree the SHTF event is now here and will continue to get much worse with no return to what we were enjoying 1 year ago . By just reading the posts on this subject can see the expected attitudes of some to just deny anything is wrong and continue the best they can as they always have and try to convince themselves things will return to the way things were . --- But to respond to the question . Prepare by buying a remote property with a natural water supply . From there start preparing for total self sufficiency . With good credit you will need only about 15% cash or collateral to buy your survival retreat . The land is what is important not any structure that may be or not be on the property . I bought my survival retreat by using my collateral and began with my wife and two children sleeping on the ground in a small tent , cooking over an open fire , washing our dishes in a creek and bathing in a creek . From that humble beginning have now grown to 3 board and nail houses , one guest cabin and have started on a 4th house on that property .

The world, the government and society and clearly collapsing.
All of us have survived mini disasters before in various categories and I think many of us have wondered what the big one would look like.
I have.
At the moment I'm not sure how to approach my plan and obviously have the simple things covered, however I'm interested to hear what others believe or have implemented in terms of an actual plan of attack should the unvaxxed begin to be herded into captivity (likely at this point)
What's the plan. Isolate?Keep moving?
Put everything into Storage and become nomadic or hunker down.
As a renter I feel vulnerable and exposed. I plan to move again as soon as I can but am not sure if this will lead to further unnecessary exposure. With a double attack of a virus and government overreach I am finding it harder to filocus on my best strategy so would appreciate your collective thoughts on this.
Thankyou so much.

Move whenever possible, away from large cities, away from military and police installations preferably to rough remote terrain where you can get away with growing your own in an emergency.
Water sources and forests are an advantage, even better natural shelters like caves or rocks.
The latter can be lifesaving, if in Australia as in Europe the government becomes a dictatorship they will hunt down anyone and everyone who opposes the dictatorship.
You can locate them with thermal imaging cameras from a great distance, and everything you have touched before glows, for this reason shelters are very good.
Depending on the situation, you can still consider fleeing to another country as far as possible, but you never know what the future holds for these countries.
Europe is a bad refuge, there are still certain states here where I would also consider this, but just wait too long with the flight this can become impossible or you are no longer welcome in the new country.

If there are disused railroad tunnels near you, it would be a consideration to use them, as well as road bridges, which are mostly hollow bodies and have maintenance access below. Observe your environment and find out what would be possible, but do it now, if you have nothing in your pocket when situation X occurs you are cannon fodder for the government, corrupted police and end up in a prison camp where you only have to do what the big boss wants.

Cats kill for fun and they enjoy doing it. To say they only do it because of instinct is like saying humans only mate because of instinct. Nature gave cats big brains and then felt sorry for the stupid humans. So it gave them hands to open doors for cats. I could see city slickers keeping their cats imprisoned. I live way out in the country. It would be very strange not to let them out. In fact I have been trained to do so.

Until we can talk to animals, we'll never know if they kill for "fun." There are plenty of animals out there that surplus kill. Cats are one of them.

In response to some of the earlier replies:
Buying rural land isn't easy in Australia, unless you have substantial cash reserves. Banks here will not lend on rural land unless it is under 100 acres AND has sealed road access and power connected, which are two features preppers do NOT want. Both my rural acreages I bought with cash. Prices here are now ridiculous. My 3 empty acres close to the ocean now worth $500k, my 40 riverfront acres with cabin in the mountains I just declined an unsolicited offer of $400k. One Aus dollar worth about .72 US dollar for comparison. Both my blocks in cheaper, more isolated areas.

As for taking refuge inside road bridges, be very careful. The internal top of the concrete piers of the bridges here are not covered, and some people have fallen to their deaths when exploring inside these bridges.

I still think having a well is preferred to a river or stream. The govt can damn those up.

Iranian police crack down as protests over dry river turn violent
Iranian police crack down as protests over dry river turn violent (yahoo.com)

Farmers last week protested in Isfahan province along the Zayandeh Rud Riverbed, which dried up after the government diverted the water to factories owned by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps.

1638137425000.png

I still think having a well is preferred to a river or stream. The govt can damn those up.

Farmers last week protested in Isfahan province along the Zayandeh Rud Riverbed, which dried up after the government diverted the water to factories owned by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps.

Excellent observation! It is easy to assume a creek or river will always be there. Deep wells and Springs are safer and more assured to provide you water no matter what. I feel very fortunate to have 3 Springs on our property.

Will a well or spring provide enough water to irrigate enough food to survive on?

The idea is to find a location that will have plenty of water. The desert is a bad idea. The entire SW of America (and Mexico) is currently fighting over water that barely exists. 40 MILLION Americans depend on that water. Why 40 million people thought moving to a desert where water has to be brought in was a good idea, tells you alot about the foolishness of many. I moved to the PNW 30 years ago specifically for it's abundance of water, natural beauty, and mild climate; in that order.

There is a great guy that sells 55g food grade barrels in my area for $10ea!!! I have 40 of them and filled four of them in a week with just the rain a few weeks ago; going into the rainy season.

Will a well or spring provide enough water to irrigate enough food to survive on?
As Dostoyevsky said, it depends. If it's in the Mississippi Embayment (upper and lower Mississippi Deltas) the yes.

Top aquifer is where irrigation water comes from. Not sure who has wells in the next two aquifers down or for what purpose. Our well (for domestic use) is like the one depicted. 1600 ft deep in the fourth aquifer down and under pressure. (artesian)

eAQjHMd.png

In Australia we call them bores. They can cost tens of thousands of $ to drill, and as mentioned by Dostoyevsky often the water is too salty to use. I chose a site with a river that has no irrigators upstream, and probably never will, the land being too steep for cropping, and most of it national park. I bought the property during an extended drought over 10 years ago, and it hadn't run dry then nor since.

162946_1781777787946_7533531_n.jpg

I too have my own well " bore " but it isn't what I plan to rely upon with the worsening SHTF we find ourselves . This is because it requires electricity to pump the water up from the depths . My preparations involve living without the power grid . My non-power grid existence plan is to fall back on using a spring or a creek that is on my property . On standby is my solid rubber wheeled hand cart for fetching water . This cart is ready because without the power grid fuel stations and all stores will be no more , so that means also no motorized vehicles . --- Perhaps this scenario will never unfold , but I had rather be prepared for such an existence rather than find myself inadequately prepared .

Cats kill for fun and they enjoy doing it. To say they only do it because of instinct is like saying humans only mate because of instinct. Nature gave cats big brains and then felt sorry for the stupid humans. So it gave them hands to open doors for cats. I could see city slickers keeping their cats imprisoned. I live way out in the country. It would be very strange not to let them out. In fact I have been trained to do so.
Yes in populated areas it is ill advised to let cats out as there are people who gain enjoyment from killing, maiming and torturing cats. Though that behavior doesn't stop at the city limits. Your cats, do as you please. They are after all (by law) merely possessions.

Latest posts

Back