How are we going to survive the next 10+ years?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrLemonade

Reaction score
I'm working my tail off, and am faithful. I don't know the purpose of my writing, maybe just frustrated, commiserating, dialogue, mutual assistance/support verbally...

Since 2020 nonsense, the plandemic shamdemic, the clot shots, the stolen election and cowardly lack of our leaders to stop these things I have grown very cynical and pessimistic on our nation's future, integrity, and leadership (lack thereof).

Economy: We have the worst economy outlook than perhaps in my 4 decades of living. We're in a recession, probably entering a depression, and our FED/.gov is too dishonest to even tell us the facts that we all see. Unlike the collapses of the 80s, 2001, 2008, and 2020, we just don't have the money to print to bail us out and now the more we print the worse it gets. We're adding nearly $1 trillion annually on just interest on the national debt, and all those debt and economic numbers are very cancerous. Many of the problems we have, could be stalled or fixed by monetary policy but at this point, as we saw for Covid relief, it did more harm than good. 70% living hand-to-mouth, 40 million in poverty, job losses, and on and on. Radical inflation is just out-of-control (thinking back to your first house, costs of food a few years ago, interest rates, and costs of living, etc.).

War: I was young when 9/11/01 hit. I joined and went to war. I was very patriotic and believed in the cause. Decades later, looking back, I am so angry at the fraud, the waste, the deaths, the lies, the lack of any real leadership or plans. It was just a big money laundering boondoggle that enriched the powerful political elites and their cronies. America ruined our reputation in GWOT. As I've aged, I have studied our other military actions in the last 6 decades. And it's upsetting to see how much fraud, waste, and abuses have occurred, sending our boys around the globe to die so that the Military Industrial Complex could get rich and powerful. In the early 2000s, I did not understand all of the Vietnam vets protesting against Iraq and Afghanistan invasions, but I do now. I now see the US funding a foolish expensive dangerous proxy war against Russia that is killing tens of thousands on both sides, and could go from very bad to annihilation of all involved. I am staggered at how unbelievably stupid this involvement is.

Frauds, Corruption, and Propaganda: We are living in a police state where most of the media and social media is complicit in propaganda. It's like living in a totalitarian nightmare. There are endless articles attempting to expose this, and few gain much traction but we all know it is true. The election fraud, the Covid frauds, the vaccine experiments and lies, the shutdowns, and on and on. The bulk of the political and corporate leadership class are varying degrees of highly corrupt.

I don't want this to be too long, but these are just scratching the surface of so many other socio-economic and social cancers - education, taxes, gun control, speech suppression, and on and on. The world, our nation, and even a number of states have just gone insane it seems...

What do you look for to have any hope? I'm really finding day-to-day to be just almost overwhelming while balancing my career, my household, my preps to survive through this.

Sounds like we are close to the same age.

Where do I look? I look to the one who holds tomorrow, personally. This life is just a vapor.

One thing life has taught me (rather harshly, in my opinion!) is that whatever expectations I have, I'm probably wrong. Don't waste time worrying about ten years from now. You may not even have tomorrow. Just prepare the best you can with the knowledge you've got now and then find something to bring you joy.

Those are my (not so) wise words for the month. Don't expect more tomorrow. 🙂

Just remember, no matter how badly you think the US is doing, it consistently does better than almost all other countries in most respects. I am constantly amazed at how resilient this country and people are. The US economy is doing better than most and *may* just avoid a recession if we don’t go over the fiscal cliff in June. Capital is still flowing in from all over the world because the US economy is doing decently. The markets are up, inflation is slowly coming down, unemployment is at a historical low, manufacturing is starting to come back and unlike other countries, we have the second amendment and even on that front, the courts are now leaning in gun owners’ favor.

My advice; get off social media and start reading journals, articles and books with a more international perspective. Pay special attention to China. There is great danger there and we may be headed for an extremely dangerous conflict with them in a few short years but even then, we seem to be doing better than they are right now . Keep your chin up camper! It’s not all doom and gloom. Without sounding jingoistic, never ever count the US out. Even China’s long predicted rise and usurpation of US supremacy is increasingly looking like a false prophecy

As to the threads question - I foresaw SHTF decades ago and started preparing . My belief of SHTF was so solid that I walked out of my board and nail house that I had mostly built with my own two hands , locked the door moved several hundred miles to another location and started over , plus quite my job with no other job prospect . Later I burned that house to the ground . I bring this up as to answering the question , the first and primary asset for my survival plan is my current location . Trying to survive in the wrong location puts a person in a poor survival situation . --- I have been getting ready for a long time now , not only prepping for myself but 12 other people and growing . Actually I could likely swell my tribe to a 100 very quickly but have no desire to do so . My concentration is on family members . Other than location my next concentrations have been on shelter , water , never ending food supply and security .

What do you look for to have any hope? I'm really finding day-to-day to be just almost overwhelming while balancing my career, my household, my preps to survive through this.

You must first of all realize YOU are one of the fortunate ones! Why? Because you are one of a small percentage who actually understand what challenges we are facing. I advise you to get seeds and learn to grow basic foods. Potatoes, both regular and sweet are great for survival. Get a few chickens and meat rabbits. They are very quiet, cost is small and the meat is great. One rabbit pair will give you 220 lbs of meat a year.

Last, but should have said first, get close to God! Pray and put your fear aside. Fear will only hold you back from what is necessary.

Thank you for your service sir!

Wow, Riewpolar, do you really believe that the US economy is doing ok? We are on the verge of collapse.
Don’t get me wrong, there are a number of events out there that could completely collapse the US economy. The defaulting on US debt obligations is the most immediate one. Another pandemic (this one with a high lethality rate (i.e. H5N1 for example), and other black swan events are increasing in risk. But, things like deficit spending won’t do it. People are worried about the wrong things (we are all bad at accurately assessing risk, part of human nature). If something comes along and collapses the US economy, I guarantee very few people will see it coming. As for out of control government spending which a lot of folks are worried about, we have been here before. WW 2 and even the Reagan years when we drastically increased military spending to bury the Soviets have put us close to historically high debt as a percentage of GDP. The sky is not falling. At least not yet….

Don’t get me wrong, there are a number of events out there that could completely collapse the US economy. The defaulting on US debt obligations is the most immediate one. Another pandemic (this one with a high lethality rate (i.e. H5N1 for example), and other black swan events are increasing in risk. But, things like deficit spending won’t do it. People are worried about the wrong things (we are all bad at accurately assessing risk, part of human nature). If something comes along and collapses the US economy, I guarantee very few people will see it coming. As for out of control government spending which a lot of folks are worried about, we have been here before. WW 2 and even the Reagan years when we drastically increased military spending to bury the Soviets have put us close to historically high debt as a percentage of GDP. The sky is not falling. At least not yet….
Did you see the recent video of the FDIC admitting a collapse was coming and that they planned on bail-ins?

I think it is definitely coming- not due to an oversight but rather by plan.

Nope, disagree with you, Riewpolar. But hey, to each his own. We're already in a recession, and slowly collapsing. There are many of us who already see it. Like those on this site.
My inlaws live right outside of Sacramento, where you live. That is not a good place to be living right now. I don't think that we're all bad at accurately assessing risk like you say. I think many of us are pretty good at it. Funny you're mentioning the Reagan era.

The interesting thing is the possible dimension of the collapse. It's not only in America, i see the same (or worse) in Europe. Even with collapsing the globalism works it seems.
The recession almost started 2020. The collapse can come tomorrow, next weeks or months. But it won't need years or decades anymore.

Since the last year, the price of bread has quadrupled in Hungary. The price of most food has doubled, gas has doubled, diesel doubled, animal feed doubled and paychecks have stayed the same.
We went to the Vet last week and asked for tablets for our dog against fleas and ticks. They cost 3 times more than last year and the Vet commented that there are TWICE as many wild dogs and cats running around the town since the new laws on chipping and getting shots for your animals came into effect and everything got so expensive... The people are just leaving the gates open and letting the animals walk away so they do not have to pay.
A door-to-door, on-the-spot, forced chipping has been done in some towns to prevent the people from letting the dogs "run-away" and a high fine for not taking care of the animals too.

The layoffs are just starting now. Most of these are solid tech sector jobs. Unlike the dot com bubble, these are solid companies:

Companies are pro growth; they don't shrink in size when revenues are coming in; they expand.

Inflation is too much money chasing too few goods. When people do not have money, they can't spend it. When they stop spending, revenues go down. When revenues go down, companies cut jobs. When companies cut jobs, there is less money chasing few goods which causes scarcity... and you get the Carter years.

Dell -6,000
Disney -7,000
Amazon -18,000
Microsoft -10,000
Google -12,000
Salesforce -8,000
IBM -3,900
Goldman Sachs -3,800
SAP SE (Largest software firm in Europe) - 3,000
Bank of New York Mellon Corporation -1,500
Affirm -19%
Coinbase -20%
Phillips -8%
Spotify -6%
Vimeo -11%
Bed Bath and Beyond -20%

Last edited:
The layoffs are just starting now. Most of these are solid tech sector jobs. Unlike the dot com bubble, these are solid companies:

Companies are pro growth; they don't shrink in size when revenues are coming in; they expand.

Inflation is too much money chasing too few goods. When people do not have money, they can't spend it. When they stop spending, revenues go down. When revenues go down, companies cut jobs. When companies cut jobs, there is less money chasing few goods which causes scarcity... and you get the Carter years.

Dell -6,000
Disney -7,000
Amazon -18,000
Microsoft -10,000
Google -12,000
Salesforce -8,000
IBM -3,900
Goldman Sachs -3,800
SAP SE (Largest software firm in Europe) - 3,000
Bank of New York Mellon Corporation -1,500
Affirm -19%
Coinbase -20%
Phillips -8%
Spotify -6%
Vimeo -11%
Bed Bath and Beyond -20%
Wow. I didn't realize it was quite so much.

Beginning 2020 i said the life as we known will be history. Some people looked as me like i'm an rainbowcolored unicorn with 4 balls.
2020 i wasn't know i'm right - or more i hoped so much i'm completly wrong. It came worse.

Sometimes i really do hate to be right.

We will see even harder times soon i'm affraid. No idea how i'm going to survive the next 10 years. I just know it don't fit with my plans for my retirement.

We will see even harder times soon i'm affraid. No idea how i'm going to survive the next 10 years. I just know it don't fit with my plans for my retirement.
Take your retirement to Hungary, you can buy a house here for under €30.000 with two acres of land and pay less than €100,00 each month for your utilities, less than €50,00 each year on land/house taxes...almost half of everybody here burns wood, has chickens and other small stock a garden and a well...and the gov't does not like soros/gates/pfizer/wars in unkraine...

Beginning 2020 i said the life as we known will be history. Some people looked as me like i'm an rainbowcolored unicorn with 4 balls.
2020 i wasn't know i'm right - or more i hoped so much i'm completly wrong. It came worse.

Sometimes i really do hate to be right.

This is what I like to see from a prepper , trying to predict the future so he or she can prepare for the upcoming event . I try to do the same . - I have seen on a prepper forum someone proudly proclaiming all the things he was going to do such as getting survival critters when SHTF . Who will sell their precious survival assets when a real SHTF event unfolds ? The word prepare means those who prepare for an event that has not happened " yet " . - I also remember someone seemingly offended when I posted somewhere that preppers need to try to predict the future , and posted back something akin that " no one can predict the future " , so people can not prepare for the future . Mountain Dragon , and I do indeed through research , deductive reasoning and instinct can indeed predict the future and prepare before the SHTF event happens . I am sure more of our members do the same in attempting to predict the future and would be interested in their feed back on this .

such

Last edited:
This is what I like to see from a prepper , trying to predict the future so he or she can prepare for the upcoming event . I try to do the same . - I have seen on a prepper forum someone proudly proclaiming all the things he was going to do such as getting survival critters when SHTF . Who will sell their precious survival assets when a real SHTF event unfolds ? The word prepare means those who prepare for an event that has not happened " yet " . - I also remember someone seemingly offended when I posted somewhere that preppers need to try to predict the future , and posted back something akin that " no one can predict the future " , so people can not prepare for the future . Mountain Dragon , and I do indeed through research , deductive reasoning and instinct can indeed predict the future and prepare before the SHTF event happens . I am sure more of our members do the same in attempting to predict the future and would be interested in their feed back on this .

such

Prepare: To make something ready for (future) use

That is the first definition. The second definition:

make (someone) ready or able to do or deal with something.

Again, in the future. Ten years, ten seconds, doesn't matter it is in the future.

Some people equate prepping with survivalism. They are two different sides of the same sword.

I see how survivalism is defined by non-survivalists and think it is mis defined. It is not a “social movement”. To the contrary, it is more of a solo activity.

The way I see it, there is always a possibility that each and every one of us *could* find ourselves out on the street so to speak with little more than the clothes on our backs and the shoes on our feet. No knives, no guns, no shelter, no stored food, no bunkers, no groups, no gardens. You will have only your life and what is stored between your ears with chaos all around you.

Could you still survive without all the things you have gotten to help you out in that regard? If the answer is yes or probably, then you are also a survivalist. If the answer is IDK, probably not…then you are not yet of a survivalist.

Survivalists, don't necessarily prep or try to predict future events in the traditional sense. Some survivalists also become preppers. Some preppers eventually become survivalists.

Predicting and preparing for the future IS the quintessential definition of prepping.

Last edited:
Preppers arent usually survivalists, but survivalists can also be preppers.
wife says I'm definitely a prepared survivalist as I am always looking at the long term and am one of a few this side of the pond, most preppers over here only prepare for the short term when things "get back to normal".

Just remember, no matter how badly you think the US is doing, it consistently does better than almost all other countries in most respects. I am constantly amazed at how resilient this country and people are. The US economy is doing better than most and *may* just avoid a recession if we don’t go over the fiscal cliff in June. Capital is still flowing in from all over the world because the US economy is doing decently. The markets are up, inflation is slowly coming down, unemployment is at a historical low, manufacturing is starting to come back and unlike other countries, we have the second amendment and even on that front, the courts are now leaning in gun owners’ favor.

My advice; get off social media and start reading journals, articles and books with a more international perspective. Pay special attention to China. There is great danger there and we may be headed for an extremely dangerous conflict with them in a few short years but even then, we seem to be doing better than they are right now . Keep your chin up camper! It’s not all doom and gloom. Without sounding jingoistic, never ever count the US out. Even China’s long predicted rise and usurpation of US supremacy is increasingly looking like a false prophecy

Hey Pollyanna,

THEY WANT US DEAD! They have said so much, and their actions support their words. Do you think the plandemic was about making money? They wanted us dead, and they tried to make people take a "vaccine" that has now been proven a bioweapon (based on data based on lies). They are appointing DAs all over the country that refuse to prosecute criminals, while they try to take our means to defend ourselves. The courts wouldn't be so busy trying to defend the 2A, if "they" weren't trying so hard to take it. "They" have been systematically destroying our food, and ability to create our own, while trying to introduce bugs to replace it. "They" have been indoctrinating our children to be absolutely confused about what sex they are, and legalizing drugs to keep them complacent. "They" have been working to lower sperm count for decades, using chemicals in processed foods, and now we find out about these:

Do you live in one of these five cancer-causing hotspots? More than 4.4 million Americans are within 10 miles of at least two commercial sterilizing facilities - and experts blame the EPA

The hidden health dangers of period underwear: Up to 65% of items contain toxic forever chemicals linked to infertility

Then, "they" want you to just kill yourself, and are willing to help, for just about anything..

America races toward Canada's euthanasia free-for-all: Seven more states eye legalizing assisted suicide, deadly doses are prescribed for ANOREXICS and more nurses are inking prescriptions

"They" are doing everything they can to ruin peace, and make us kill each other

The bloody death of a liberal dream: After throwing open its borders to 2million migrants, DAVID JONES investigates how Sweden has been left with an underclass of alienated teenagers, a murderous gang culture and crime spiraling out of control

"They", by their own admissions, are trying to create new viruses to kill us

A zombie fungus that already exists is just THREE steps away from being able to infect HUMANS - like in The Last of Us

Watch: Secretly filmed Pfizer official admits gain-of-function research​

When later confronted with the recording, employee panics and turns violent.​

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/366855

"They" are creating the zombies..

Shocking video shows drug addicts in Portland emptying whole pallets of water bought with food stamps to recycle the bottles for $2.40 to buy cheap fentanyl

THAT WAS ALL JUST FROM TODAY, on one site. The open border, and 5 million illegal immigrants Brandon has allowed in the last two years are ALL going to be on welfare. WHO THE F IS PAYING FOR THIS? WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO LIVE, WHEN WE ALREADY HAVE A HOUSING SHORTAGE?!?!?!?!?

Latest posts

Back