THIS MAY SOUND STUPID....

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
went to a local company that makes ice cream and got som 5ltr tubs and some1 ltr tubs for free free is a good word in my vocabulary

Once you start to can things and get comfortable with the noises the thing makes, you are going to find yourself canning everything that doesn't run faster than you do!

been out this afternoon and bought some more storage containers, and 5lbs spaghetti, 6lbs macaroni,6lbs of fusilli, a heap of ham ,chicken and veg stock cubes
down here In South Texas we call stock cubes by the name of the maker. IE: Knorr suiza ( Nor sweeze a ).
It's a Mexican thing.
Don't ask, just accept it and move on. Hahaha!

Sorry sis, these are cubes for making stock for soups , stews ,etc etc. Hey ive got tubs and containers coming from all over, but still no buckets, think im gonna have to buy them somewhere

If the tubs and containers have good seals, just use them. You don't plan on a houseful of people. I do, so I need the big, honking buckets. The smaller tubs are a heck of a lot easier to move!

alright..i've only just begun looking into pressure cooker/canners...now my queston is this..is it best to go with 16 quart or larger?i've already come across a site with heirloom seeds,in which i'll be going with..but i diffently wanna start stocking up on whats needed for canning.. i came across this one for $71.00 Presto 16-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker and this one for $73.18 Mirro 22-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker/Canner what yall think?

I got the Presto 16 qt. it works well but simetimes I wish I had a bigger one because it will only hold 7 qt. jars, it takes so long to heat up, pressure can for 90 min. and then cool down. it takes a long time to do 12qts if I had the bigger one I could stack the jars and be done in half the time, but I don't know if the 22 qt is even big enough for that. I'd like to get this one but we can't afford it right now.

http://www.amazon.com/All-American-...sr=1-1&keywords=Pressure+Canner+and+Cooker+41

that is a nice one wildman..and just like yall.id love haveing it..but the price is way out of my range..if i remember right.there is some that are 23qt.but wont swear to it.i hadnt thought about stacking before.

Latest posts

Back