Another bridge collapse

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And for those who do not believe in CONSPIRACY THEORIES.....here is your needed proof....
1711906551237.png

Of course there is 2 minutes of data missing.

The engines were shut down so the VRD data from the engine would show
RPM=0
Data Field = Nil

you cant record data from a device that is shut down !

If you are really really pushing the limits you might be able to shut down a ships engine , put it in reverse and restart it in 2 minutes but under normal circumstances it takes 3 - 4 minutes.

They dont have Pinto engines in those things ....

Last edited:
I'm a former sailor and certified master helmsman. I give a breakdown of the Key bridge incident in Baltimore harbor using professional ship simulation software.

thanks for posting the simulation from nautis , I have seen other sites raising the subject of prop walk , can the Sim' include that phenomenon to explain the stern movement ?

I had never heard of Prop walk until yesterday , its the phenomenon which occurs when a ship with a single prop is put in reverse and the prop blade pushes the ship's stern in the opposite direction in reaction to the blade pitch at the bottom half of its rotation in the water.

counter rotating twin props are likely to cancel out the issue.

the prop blade pushes the ship's stern in the opposite direction in reaction to the blade pitch at the bottom half of its rotation in the water.
Yes, but we do not yet know how fully (or not) she was loaded...the prop walk only occurs if she is so light that a portion (to half) of the prop is not even in the water and actually helping to propell or slow the ship...
We still need more info towards that.
No matter what, there is still years of problems with the bridge in the water, unless they clear the main canal of depth so as that other ships can get thru till the rest of the bridge is cleared and maybe re-built...
I would get the bridge cut into small piece of 10 - 15 tons, chain them to tugs and drag them somewhere (anywhere) to clear the path needed to get other ships moving thru the harbor...or even pick them up with barge cranes and get them completely out of the harbor.

Yes, but we do not yet know how fully (or not) she was loaded...the prop walk only occurs if she is so light that a portion (to half) of the prop is not even in the water and actually helping to propell or slow the ship...
We still need more info towards that.
No matter what, there is still years of problems with the bridge in the water, unless they clear the main canal of depth so as that other ships can get thru till the rest of the bridge is cleared and maybe re-built...
I would get the bridge cut into small piece of 10 - 15 tons, chain them to tugs and drag them somewhere (anywhere) to clear the path needed to get other ships moving thru the harbor...or even pick them up with barge cranes and get them completely out of the harbor.
if they get at least 3 large cranes of 1000 - 3000 tonne they could pick out the biggest pieces in chunks of 200 - 300 tonne.
remember a crane rating is at "zero metres" (20m) from slew center.
If they get divers to pull rope under the sections in 3 - 4 places and tie them off they could pull diamond wire through and cut the sections up from bottom to top with the diamond wire , do it from an anchored barge and keep humans well away from the danger zone.

another option is flotation bags to lift the sections half out of the water and tow them to shallow water as you mentioned.

I wont be surprised if there are engineers already designing a new bridge to be built next to the old one as full demolition could take 12 months even on an accelerated plan.

if they get at least 3 large cranes of 1000 - 3000 tonne they could pick out the biggest pieces in chunks of 200 - 300 tonne.
remember a crane rating is at "zero metres" (20m) from slew center.
If they get divers to pull rope under the sections in 3 - 4 places and tie them off they could pull diamond wire through and cut the sections up from bottom to top with the diamond wire , do it from an anchored barge and keep humans well away from the danger zone.

another option is flotation bags to lift the sections half out of the water and tow them to shallow water as you mentioned.

I wont be surprised if there are engineers already designing a new bridge to be built next to the old one as full demolition could take 12 months even on an accelerated plan.
I like the flotation idea.

🚨
LOOSE BARGES!
🚨

By coincidence ( cough ), President Trump will be in Pa today.

26 Barges break loose on Ohio River, force closing of West End Bridge. 23 of the barges were loaded with coal and 3 were empty when they broke loose.

11 were located & pinned against the river bank by a towboat.
God bless tugs!
🙏

14 continued down the river and 6

https://gab.com/ShepQ/posts/112263705296926787

Latest posts

Back