Gardening

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have yall ever tried cat hing condensated water out from under an air conditioner. We got a few plants out on our porch that get watered by ours. We built a little tray to catch the water and it has a hole in the bottom with a pipe going to the tomatoes. Those plants rock....If I ever market them they are gonna be called Jumbotron 3000 Mater Inflaters. I know yall cant wait

great idea on that water from ac.the window unit in our liveing room waters the flowers outside that window.but only some what.and even then probally only where it lands on the ground at.puting in some sort of drain pipe with a pipe with holes drilled into it going across the ground might work on that flower bed.

Actually bill, the sissyboy is good for your food. Just water around the outer edges of your garden and it will a. help keep critters away because it smells like human, and b. add nitrogen to your soil. If you want to get real creative, whiz in a bucket, add water and then water your garden, seriously, it is good for your plants, it's added nitrogen. ONLY IF YOU ARE NOT TAKING MEDS if you are med free, wee on and watch your maters grow. Oh, forgot something, this works best on above ground crops; tomatoes, peppers, beans, etc.

Different areas will require different things at certain times of the year, what might grow well in USA might not grow so well here in UK. Water, nutrients , feeding, maintenance,

That is true. Might be a good idea to keep some seeds for any other areas that you may be bugging out to/

what you need , is what I call a drip feeder ,its just a thin length of hose with little holes drilled in to allow your plants to get watered regularly.

i used small flower bed with landscape timber for a border for 3 years..i used treated plywood on inside of border then calked the seams so water wont leek out that way..then usd pvc pipe n elbows and other parts for sprinkler after i drilled holes in the pipe where the water would go into the garden..and come winter time i'd lean the pvc sprinkler against the fence to drian the water from it..then put it back in the garden come spring time

GARDENING 101. Before you put a spade or a roto-tiller near the ground, sit down at the table with a pencil and a sketch pad, and having measured your plot ,draw what you would like to do with your plot of ground.I t doesn't have to be a Davinci as long as you are happy with the end result and know what you want.you can split your vegetable garden into 4, 6 or 8 sections or however you want to lay it out.with if possible a trellis panel or panels separating each section. Each section will have to be weeded and I mean thoroughly ,no point in doing it half hearted, cos the weeds will surely return. What you do , will obviously depend on the size , but there are lots of fruits and veggies that can be container grown. What I have found ,and its worked for me is to plant the whole thing in potatoes in the first year , somehow it helps with weed control and anything else you want to grow that first year , can be grown in containers. Different climates will dictate what grows well and where.

I'll have to look at Harbor Freight for that hose. I need a few of them for the melons.

Latest posts

Back