Gardening

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 plants on either side. Rosemary, basil, sage, thyme, oregano, blue berries, raspberries, blackberries, garlic, tomato's, butternut squash, acorn squash, you name it..

2 plants on either side. Rosemary, basil, sage, thyme, oregano, blue berries, raspberries, blackberries, garlic, tomato's, butternut squash, acorn squash, you name it..
You plant RASPBERRIES/BLACKBERRIES in those buckets...how does that work out for you? I thought raspberries (and blackberries) were 2nd year plants (produce on 2nd year growth)? Also, don't the squash get a little unweilding in those buckets? They vine so much!

The raspberries and blackberries are easier if you buy ones ready to produce. Lucky for me they grow naturally along my stream so I dug up some good ones. I go one plant per bucket, they tend to take over. Also yes the squash are travelers but we drape them over each other and they do fine. The idea is to have potential portable plants if need be.
IMG_1864.JPG
IMG_1865.JPG
IMG_1866.JPG
IMG_1867.JPG

Awesome! Do you drill holes in the bottom of the buckets incase you get a little water happy??? I like the snow fence (or what we in MN would call snow fence). Is that for some shade or for trellissing or just containment?

Looks very nice and portable!

I have plenty of area!! I have been on a quest to see how much I need for a family of 3 and so far I'm getting it narrowed down. Also This way I keep my ground soil from getting depleted fast because the soil in the buckets are used for 2 years then swapped out to rest. I mixing old with new. A combo of old farming techniques, hydroponics and square foot gardening.

You are very welcome. To give you an idea of our gardens' sizes, we prep for 8 people plus try to grow enough extra to sell at the farmers market.

You're welcome Chick. I finally remembered to post it, been going to post it for awhile now, just kept forgetting.

We have several different areas we use Mike. The smallest is 100x100 feet. I do have a few things in some raised beds behind the barn, forgot about that. It's hard to plow and disc up a small area with a horse drawn plow, you have to have turning room.

wow I wish I had the land to grow what you can sis.even 100 x 100 would be amazin to have . you got my mind workin overtime on what I could grow

I think im goin to go down the same sort of route as Ronin to a certain extent, will also have stuff climbing up trellis and stuff in the ground

Latest posts

Back