Fallout from COVID-19

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonderful advice HB! Does anyone have suggestions on a dehydrates? I don’t have one.

I use this one and love it. A couple of weeks ago I made another three pound batch of beef jerky. I buy whatever steak is on sale, as long as it is pretty lean, and slice it myself. The carne asada packs come pre sliced at about 1/4". You have to trim the fat off of a few places, but it works really well. It's a great dehydrator all around.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Excalibur-...2d&gclid=CMSUgLyp--gCFWCVxQIde_MKNw&gclsrc=ds

UN food agency chief: World on brink of `a hunger pandemic'

"The head of the U.N. food agency warned Tuesday that, as the world is dealing with the coronavirus pandemic, it is also “on the brink of a hunger pandemic” that could lead to “multiple famines of biblical proportions” within a few months if immediate action isn’t taken..... he was telling world leaders that “2020 would be facing the worst humanitarian crisis since World War II.” That’s because of wars in Syria, Yemen and elsewhere, locust swarms in Africa, frequent natural disasters and economic crises including in Lebanon, Congo, Sudan and Ethiopia, he said.... a new World Food Program analysis shows that as a result of COVID-19 an additional 130 million people “could be pushed to the brink of starvation by the end of 2020.” He said in the video briefing that WFP is providing food to nearly 100 million people on any given day, including “about 30 million people who literally depend on us to stay alive.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...a-hunger-pandemic/ar-BB12ZAKT?ocid=spartanntp

Wasn't this the whole point of this virus, to trim the fat of our population? Got to talk a good game so they can get the hundreds of millions in "aid" that they turn around and kick back a percentage to the politicians that sent it. And the band played on..

Wonderful advice HB! Does anyone have suggestions on a dehydrates? I don’t have one.
https://pleasanthillgrain.com/american-harvest-nesco-food-dehydrator-fd-60
This is similar to the one I have right now. I like it because you can adjust the temp setting and it does work well. In fact I've had it for years now. what I don't like about it is I have to rotate the trays periodically to dry evenly. It's only four trays but more could be ordered and it does come with one leather tray. The tray itself has large opening so you can't do small stuff with out the leather tray or do like I do and cut freezer paper to fit.

https://apnews.com/d21fe9a4864971427d40fd2caa61ad34
Tyson Foods idles its largest pork plant after Iowa outbreak
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Tyson Foods suspended operations Wednesday at an Iowa plant that is critical to the nation’s pork supply but had been blamed for fueling a massive coronavirus outbreak in the community.

The company said the indefinite closure of the Waterloo, Iowa, plant would deny a vital market to hog farmers and further disrupt the nation’s meat supply. Tyson had kept the facility, its largest pork plant, open in recent days over the objections of local officials.

The plant can process 19,500 hogs per day, accounting for nearly 4% of U.S. pork processing capacity, according to the National Pork Board.

More than 180 infections have been linked to the plant and officials expect that number to dramatically rise. The company said that mass testing of its 2,800 workers would begin later this week.

In addition to those sick, hundreds of workers had stayed home from work out of fear of catching the virus. The plant had been running at reduced production levels.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/17/four-tyson-workers-in-georgia-dead-from-coronavirus-company/
4 Tyson Foods workers in Georgia dead from coronavirus, company says
SAVANNAH, Ga. — Four employees of a major poultry producer’s operations in rural southwest Georgia have died after becoming infected with the coronavirus, a company spokesman said Friday.

Tyson Foods spokesman Gary Mickelson said three of the employees worked at the company’s chicken processing plant in Camilla, while the fourth person worked in a supporting job outside the plant.

I’ll bet the pigs are happy to see the pork plants shut down.

We buy more pork than anything else, mainly ground pork for Chinese dishes. I usually let her buy the ground pork, but yesterday I went and bought as much as the supermarket would let me have. I still have a good bit of venison in the freezer, which is sort of a meat "reserve" for when we can't buy meat anymore.

Then there is the squirrels :)

And then there is the Quinoa, black beans, and pinto beans if we have to go vegetarian, LOL.

Just go to amazon and search for them. You can have a selection, with reviews and information, literally at your fingertips.
I know it my dehydrator ever did crap out I would like to replace with an Excalibur. I did the research on them years ago but couldn't justify the cost since I do the majority of my preserving by canning and now freeze drying.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/get-ready-for-the-return-of-inflation-11587659836
Get Ready for the Return of Inflation
Excluding the years immediately after the Revolutionary War, the past few weeks have seen by far the highest rate of monetary expansion in U.S. history. The Fed might defend itself by saying that its “shock and awe” tactics have given financial markets confidence that the coronavirus won’t cause a long and deep recession. And its massive bond purchases—more than $500 billion between March 11 and April 1—surely won’t continue at the same rate for the rest of the year.

Nevertheless, the problem now becomes financing the much-enlarged budget deficit. Some commentators have speculated that over the next year or so the federal deficit could reach $4 trillion. It is certainly likely to hit $3 trillion. To a large extent the gaps will be financed by the banking system, with such monetary financing of the budget deficit adding to the amount of money in the economy.

It’s reasonable to assume that by spring 2021 the quantity of money will have increased by 15% and possibly by as much as 20%. That wouldn’t quite match the peak rates of expansion seen during and immediately after the two world wars of the 20th century, but it could surpass peacetime records, outpacing the previous peaks in the inflationary 1970s.

Latest posts

Back