And the panic buying starts to bite

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fellow Tennessean. That makes 3. . I'm from Middle Tennessee .
Well hello neighbor! Are you about to float away too. I think they changed that 8 inches of rain we were forecasted this week. We had snow on the ground on the plateau on Saturday, I weeded my asparagus beds and did some pruning on fruit trees yesterday ( Sunday) in short sleeves. And woke up to storming this morning again. I have puddles at 2000 ft above sea level on an incline in sandy soil. Lol

Well hello neighbor! Are you about to float away too. I think they changed that 8 inches of rain we were forecasted this week. We had snow on the ground on the plateau on Saturday, I weeded my asparagus beds and did some pruning on fruit trees yesterday ( Sunday) in short sleeves. And woke up to storming this morning again. I have puddles at 2000 ft above sea level on an incline in sandy soil. Lol

They changed our rainfall amounts, but we have puddles. I can't get into any of my gardens (3) to plant early crops. I'm always so jealous because you guys get snow. We live in the basin and it can be snowing a few miles away and we won't have any. Stay dry.

TE="robinjopo, post: 171379, member: 4323"]They changed our rainfall amounts, but we have puddles. I can't get into any of my gardens (3) to plant early crops. I'm always so jealous because you guys get snow. We live in the basin and it can be snowing a few miles away and we won't have any. Stay dry.[/QUOTE]

This is what we left when we moved south. I can handle a few inches a year here. Just got too old to do all that shoveling.

Snowstorm 2011 (1).jpg

My daughter gave us a bidet for Christmas so we can handle toilet paper shortages. Actually I don't use it but my wife does and it has cut down on her TP consumption enormously. I guess I could use it in an "emergency situation." LOL

We as a family stopped using TP years ago, we now only use sterile moist baby wipes which we incinerate. when I found out how many nations actually WASH rather than WIPE globally i was converted.

TE="robinjopo, post: 171379, member: 4323"]They changed our rainfall amounts, but we have puddles. I can't get into any of my gardens (3) to plant early crops. I'm always so jealous because you guys get snow. We live in the basin and it can be snowing a few miles away and we won't have any. Stay dry.

This is what we left when we moved south. I can handle a few inches a year here. Just got too old to do all that shoveling.

View attachment 9994[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing you are in or around Putnam County. Are you safe?

We as a family stopped using TP years ago, we now only use sterile moist baby wipes which we incinerate. when I found out how many nations actually WASH rather than WIPE globally i was converted.
They are part of my EDC, and the reason I don't use the bidet. When using public toilets for number two, like at a gas station or restaurant, I use them to wipe down the seat first.

Just a little reminder regarding the use of Baby Wipes. If you have a septic tank, DO NOT FLUSH THEM. Even if they say septic safe, most are not. I have seen tanks that were pumped that were full of baby wipes and little else. Not sure how long it takes (if ever) for them to decay, even in a septic tank. Seems they can hang around for years plus the ant-bacterial cleaner is bad for the tanks GOOD bacteria.

View attachment 9994
I'm guessing you are in or around Putnam County. Are you safe?[/QUOTE]
Just next door and lost power for 7 hours. All is safe though. Few limbs down and 3 inches of rain overnight. It will eventually run down hill! What's a little storm to a prepper right....Lol

Latest posts

Back