And the panic buying starts to bite

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Panic buying, WHAT panic buying?

Just got back from the supermarket. No empty shelves. None. Vitamins, beans, rice, cold and flu remedies, all fully stocked. Forgot to check TP and Lysol, but after a while I gave up looking for empty shelves and bought some Zicam and a few cans of beans (on sale) and left.
TrJgKzX.jpg

Panic buying, WHAT panic buying?

Just got back from the supermarket. No empty shelves. None. Vitamins, beans, rice, cold and flu remedies, all fully stocked. Forgot to check TP and Lysol, but after a while I gave up looking for empty shelves and bought some Zicam and a few cans of beans (on sale) and left.
TrJgKzX.jpg
Glad to hear that as we’re not too far away. I saw two cases in Georgia now.

There's definitely panic buying here. No lysol wipes, hand wipes, or hand sanitizers, no masks or gloves, no "survival" food (they don't stock a lot of it in-store but I checked and no one has ANY in stock right now) and I've seen people buying a lot of TP and bottled water. Haven't noticed anything with the medicines yet. I'll check if I stop by the store tomorrow.

There's definitely panic buying here. No lysol wipes, hand wipes, or hand sanitizers, no masks or gloves, no "survival" food (they don't stock a lot of it in-store but I checked and no one has ANY in stock right now) and I've seen people buying a lot of TP and bottled water. Haven't noticed anything with the medicines yet. I'll check if I stop by the store tomorrow.

At least we preppers and most everyone with a brain has had an opportunity to prepare and get things they need.

Once they start testing again nationwide and cases pop up in every state and the hospitals fill up, the dead start multiplying daily, you will see all supplies run out in less than a week.

I'd wager that the media blames preppers at some point for buying up all the supplies! Hit a couple of bigger stores today. Smaller towns. Walmart was low on hand sanitizers & water. Plenty of TP. Plenty of most things. But lady at one register was wearing latex gloves and was not shy to say 'corona virus'. People were binary: either don't care & were quite concerned.

Cant say I am surprised seeing that you are so close to SA and the lady at the mall and now the rabies exposure at the rodeo. . . the hypoes are in overdrive. My bosses husband is a germaphobe and totally freaking out over this Coronavirus. Yes there is a legitimate concern I know, but most people do not have to worry as long as they practice hygiene practices. . I really thought it was common sense, but maybe by me working with the food industry for over 20 years, it is just common knowledge for me. I cant tell you how many times I wash my hands a day. . . at least a dozen times at work but even after I came home it has probably already been a little over half a dozen times. . . hot water and soap although after coming in from the goats I add in a splash of bleach. It is the elderly and those that have current compromised immune systems that really need to worry and those that work around them or have them living in your home . . . . I get the concerns. I am just not one that is going to go into panic mode. I do not consider myself elderly yet, I got a few more years. My hunny is one that I would say would be boarder line on the elderly side. With that said, I have plenty of hand sanitizer to last for months along with cleaners and bleach. With the grandkids, hand sanitizer was something I keep on hand. Even the 4 year old does a good job at washing but the 3- 1 1/2 to 2 year old still has a way to go on learning.

Last edited:
Cant say I am surprised seeing that you are so close to SA and the lady at the mall and now the rabies exposure at the rodeo. . . the hypoes are in overdrive. My bosses husband is a germaphobe and totally freaking out over this Coronavirus. Yes there is a legitimate concern I know, but most people do not have to worry as long as they practice hygiene practices. . I really thought it was common sense, but maybe by me working with the food industry for over 20 years, it is just common knowledge for me. I cant tell you how many times I wash my hands a day. . . at least a dozen times at work but even after I came home it has probably already been a little over half a dozen times. . . hot water and soap although after coming in from the goats I add in a splash of bleach. It is the elderly and those that have current compromised immune systems that really need to worry and those that work around them or have them living in your home . . . . I get the concerns. I am just not one that is going to go into panic mode. I do not consider myself elderly yet, I got a few more years. My hunny is one that I would say would be boarder line on the elderly side. With that said, I have plenty of hand sanitizer to last for months along with cleaners and bleach. With the grandkids, hand sanitizer was something I keep on hand. Even the 4 year old does a good job at washing but the 3- 1 1/2 to 2 year old still has a way to go on learning.
I work in healthcare so good hand-washing is second nature to me also. But I am honestly a germaphobe as well. . . probably because of all the classes on infectious diseases we have to take. I wipe down my phone with antimicrobial wipes and use hand sanitizer constantly too. Somehow I still manage to get colds all the time it seems like, but I think that's mostly from helping with the little kids at church.

89082365_2593492124094822_2960389303500275712_o.jpg
noodles...gone...
89774892_2593484590762242_59169346370404352_o.jpg
frozen food..empty...
89433300_2593478824096152_8654135638586556416_o.jpg
speaks for it self..these are from today...
Hey I see toilet paper in the lower right corner there! Quick snatch it up.... I went to Walmart today. Stockers had pallets all over that were going on shelves. I’m sure most workers are getting a lot of extra hours there now. I saw toilet paper low but not out. The pharmacy was bare on the cold and flu isle but not completely wiped out. Place was busy... I was in and out as fast as possible and used a lot of hand sanitizer. I really feel for all the small business people and their employees right now. Saw on news average restaurants are down 40+%.

Hey I see toilet paper in the lower right corner there! Quick snatch it up.... I went to Walmart today. Stockers had pallets all over that were going on shelves. I’m sure most workers are getting a lot of extra hours there now. I saw toilet paper low but not out. The pharmacy was bare on the cold and flu isle but not completely wiped out. Place was busy... I was in and out as fast as possible and used a lot of hand sanitizer. I really feel for all the small business people and their employees right now. Saw on news average restaurants are down 40+%.
I went by CVS today to see if they had high concentration rubbing alcohol (they were out of ALL rubbing alcohol). But they still had toilet paper and paper towels, though I have plenty of those that I bought weeks ago. I did pick up an extra box of gloves because it's hard to find them anywhere in small and they had them.

Latest posts

Back