Supermarkets begin rationing and call for help amid fears of rioting

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...cases-update-latest-travel-government-advice/

Supermarkets have introduced rationing on grocery products and food retailers have warned the Government that riots and civil disobedience could break out within weeks if production is unable to keep up with surging customer demand.

Britons have been told not to panic buy and shop "as they would normally shop". The Business Secretary Alok Sharma said: "I understand the rationale [of panic buying], but I think for the vast majority of people - they are being sensible. As shelves get re-stocked, I think they will take the rational step and shop as they would normally shop."

But on Wednesday morning, people were ignoring the advice as queues snaked around supermarket car parks. The hysteria has prompted Sainsbury's to introduce elderly and vulnerable-only shopping slots. Shoppers will also be limited to a maximum of three of any grocery product and a maximum of two on the most popular items such as toilet roll, soap and UHT milk.

Get the things which you may not need but you could barter and trade with. Alcohol, tobacco, coffee and sugar. Crisco, sunflower oils, chocolate. Get some more spices, salt, cinnomon, ginger, yeast and almond milk or tobasco. Such things last long, makes even roadkill taste better and gives you something to trade with...

Get the things which you may not need but you could barter and trade with. Alcohol, tobacco, coffee and sugar. Crisco, sunflower oils, chocolate. Get some more spices, salt, cinnomon, ginger, yeast and almond milk or tobasco. Such things last long, makes even roadkill taste better and gives you something to trade with...
NEVER considering bartering with the chocolate! Lol

I have oil but not Crisco. I don't use it that much so didn't even think about it. But when I need it there is no substitute. I think I'll grab some tomorrow (if it's still available).

I have oil but not Crisco. I don't use it that much so didn't even think about it. But when I need it there is no substitute. I think I'll grab some tomorrow (if it's still available).

Crisco and Lard lasts a long time. So does coconut oil and it has all kinds of uses. I stock all 3, as well as olive oil, avocado oil, vegetable oiland sunflower oil.

No matter what, if you can use it, trade it, give it away to the family or use the crisco on the door hinges in the garage. If it could be used for something else. A great part of survival is mis-using things for any other possible way for which it was never conceived...GP
I've used crisco on door hinges before! My brothers thought I was crazy.

As long as it is not opened and in a can. We opened and destroyed canned C-rations from the Korean War here back in 1978. There were even still smokable cigarettes in the boxes. Everything was still working. Chewing gum, matches. Only the John Wayne bars. (chocolate) were funny, the whey or butter was dried out and they were a bit powdery instead of hard. Tasted funny but you could still eat them...

YES; I have a rat and mouse proof cellar. But I left the window open for fresh air, walked in one day and saw a mouse run around the corner...must have been a good climber or jumper. After three days of eating the poison I left, must have died. The last 4 pieces are still there and I watch them daily. The spiders do not bother me and they are only small so they do not scare the wife either. The first cellar is lit from daylight, (no sunlight) indirectly under the neighbors balcony. The second is fully darkened and is used to store most of my food. GP

Latest posts

Back