Must Read Coronavirus has mutated into more aggressive disease, say scientists

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's worse than that, Kevin. Early research and lab tests on its viral cell structures have determined a successful vaccine will not likely be effective. This talk of a vaccine is nothing more than B.S. to buy time for the government to prepare and gather up all the supplies, as they tell us not to.

How long do you think we have? I want to get my house on the market by April 1 so I can leave the country.

How long do you think we have? I want to get my house on the market by April 1 so I can leave the country.
Not for me to tell you what to do, but you shouldn't leave the country.

Why?

1) The USA is one of the wealthiest nations. We may miss containing the disease....but we're the ones who are most likely to find a cure and/or vaccine.
2) If the virus pounds us, what makes you think that it won't be everywhere? Better to confront this challenge on your own turf with the home-court advantage.
3) Less educated people in some other nations harbor animosity and hatred toward Americans. If the epidemic hits, who will protect you from these hoards of people?

And so on.

Thanks Kevin. The country we want to go to still has zero infected and likely won't, not to mention we would be out with plenty of food and water. As for the uneducated American haters, that's why we would say we're Canadian. ;)

what about the idea to get infected now intentionally as long as the mass is still not. I will get still a medical treatment and returning immunized at home in 2 weeks, before the Pandemic hits the mass and they will die at home.

what about the idea to get infected now intentionally as long as the mass is still not. I will get still a medical treatment and returning immunized at home in 2 weeks, before the Pandemic hits the mass and they will die at home.
That might seem good in theory, but let us suppose that this virus has a 5% fatality rate (It may be lower than that, but I keep hearing different numbers. When I say 5%, that's because I'm using an approximate average of the different numbers that they keep putting out, so I'll be the first to admit that I may be wrong.).

That's a 1 in 20 chance of death.

So, what you're suggesting is to mix up one live round with 19 dummy rounds, load up a 20 round magazine (I have an aftermarket 20 round mag for my .40 Sig P226, for example), and put the muzzle in your mouth and pull the trigger . . . hoping that the live round isn't in the chamber.

Also, survivors of this disease may develop chronic health conditions from it. Having the flu can lead to Parkinson's disease later in life. Surviving genital warts can lead to cancer later in life. Catching the measles can wipe out your other immunities and force you to get revaccinated for everything after you recover. Catching either Hepatitis B and/or C (Hep C was formerly called "Non-A/Non-B" hepatitis) can lead to a particularly nasty and aggressive form of liver cancer.

And so on.

Please take these points into consideration before you hook up with people who have corona virus and start playing tonsil hockey or whatever it is that you'll do to contract it.

I'm not trying to be intensely critical, but my points come from a place of concern.

Last edited:
This idea about intentionally catching corona virus while the infrastructure of civilization is intact reminds me of the philosophy behind people who are "bug chaser".

A bug chaser is (usually, but not always) a gay man who goes out of his way to deliberately contract HIV.

See below link:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...NABI0lU9Gn22_d5SN&ampcf=1&cshid=1583506505339

I have been in the medical field for over 30 years, and I was one of the "boots on the ground" early in the AIDS epidemic.

I suspect that some of these men become bug chasers because they live in fear of HIV for so long . . . so that if they contract it, then their minds can rest because this danger is "already here" and not hanging over them.

This seems sick and perverse to most people (myself included), but I can see why people may think this way. I don't like living in fear.

A fear of AIDS has overshadowed my sex life, as we thought--early in the epidemic--that it was much more contagious than it actually is. I grew up with the idea pounded into my head that being intimate can also be a death sentence, and that sex can be compared to a game of Russian roulette. These concerns constantly running through a person's head can rapidly take the fun and enjoyment out of a romantic dinner or a walk on the beach at night.

If this is how one thinks, then I can imagine the relief that might come from not having to worry about getting it once you're infected.

I know, it's sick. But that's the world we live in.

Last edited:
One topic that keeps coming up over and over is the virus mutating. If this virus was stable, getting the virus early makes some sense, akin to a vaccine. But, since this virus seeming to be mutating, getting an early version has major risks (IMHO). If you get an early version, while you may recover, it will weaken your immune system (at least temporally). This would open you in to getting the next mutated version. With the weakened immune system, the risk of the being deadly would be greatly increased. I would expect, each time you got the next mutated version (or any other illness for that matter), your risks greatly increase. I think your best option at this time, is avoid it as long as possible. Don't go looking for trouble. You may end up with more than you bargained for.

One topic that keeps coming up over and over is the virus mutating. If this virus was stable, getting the virus early makes some sense, akin to a vaccine. But, since this virus seeming to be mutating, getting an early version has major risks (IMHO). If you get an early version, while you may recover, it will weaken your immune system (at least temporally). This would open you in to getting the next mutated version. With the weakened immune system, the risk of the being deadly would be greatly increased. I would expect, each time you got the next mutated version (or any other illness for that matter), your risks greatly increase. I think your best option at this time, is avoid it as long as possible. Don't go looking for trouble. You may end up with more than you bargained for.
I agree with you 100%. That is an excellent point.

my immune system is built up in 2 ways.1st it's built up naturally. 2nd it's built up by my way of life.I've probably done things and had things happen that'll make other's at least sick.so they can stick themselves with those shots.

That might seem good in theory, but let us suppose that this virus has a 5% fatality rate (It may be lower than that, but I keep hearing different numbers. When I say 5%, that's because I'm using an approximate average of the different numbers that they keep putting out, so I'll be the first to admit that I may be wrong.).

That's a 1 in 20 chance of death.

So, what you're suggesting is to mix up one live round with 19 dummy rounds, load up a 20 round magazine (I have an aftermarket 20 round mag for my .40 Sig P226, for example), and put the muzzle in your mouth and pull the trigger . . . hoping that the live round isn't in the chamber.

Also, survivors of this disease may develop chronic health conditions from it. Having the flu can lead to Parkinson's disease later in life. Surviving genital warts can lead to cancer later in life. Catching the measles can wipe out your other immunities and force you to get revaccinated for everything after you recover. Catching either Hepatitis B and/or C (Hep C was formerly called "Non-A/Non-B" hepatitis) can lead to a particularly nasty and aggressive form of liver cancer.

And so on.

Please take these points into consideration before you hook up with people who have corona virus and start playing tonsil hockey or whatever it is that you'll do to contract it.

I'm not trying to be intensely critical, but my points come from a place of concern.
your concerns are ok, if You hope You will not get infected; but some virologists are stating that up to 70% of the population will be infected sooner or later; its like if You are surounded by bushfire. You will start a counter-fire to survive on the intentional burned field

Latest posts

Back