Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've said before a couple of times, I don't lump Tesla in with the rest of the EV market. Apples and oranges...

It really boils down to this: Musk designed cars that people want to drive. The other companies designed cars that the government wants people to drive.

@DrHenley, we are on the same page. i acknowledged some of the concerns that people use to condemn electric.
I, after having two of the best ones, don’t want to see the whole category being downtroddened by the crap ones.
They do have a place If the market wants it. And the infrastructure is there. I dont like all these mandates for electric.
Gas ones did win over the horse and buggy. How many gas stations were around back then?

I've said before a couple of times, I don't lump Tesla in with the rest of the EV market. Apples and oranges...

It really boils down to this: Musk designed cars that people want to drive. The other companies designed cars that the government wants people to drive.
Seems i'm not people then. I don't want drive an Tesla. Or anyother EV.

1705459503815.png

“This is Crazy, It’s a Disaster” – Public Charging Stations Turn into Electric ‘Car Graveyards’ in Bitter Chicago Cold (VIDEO)​

1705502189292.jpeg

Electric vehicle owners in the Chicago area have not been able to charge their overpriced method of transportation in the bitter cold this week, leaving scenes of dead electric cars littered across public charging stations.

It turns out buying a worthless car to virtue-signal for the environment has unintended consequences.

Fox Chicago reported Monday the charging stations have turned into electric car graveyards over the past two days as temperatures in the Windy City and its suburbs have dipped to the negative double digits.

One man, Tyler Beard, to the outlet he had been trying to recharge his Tesla at an Oak Brook Tesla supercharging station since Sunday afternoon.

Nothing. No juice. Still on zero percent. And this is like three hours being out here after being out here three hours yesterday.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/01/this-is-crazy-its-disaster-public-charging-stations/

The latest failures of electric vehicles might have saved me from putting up with one here. Hubby has been eyeing them for a couple of years now. We would have had one by now, but none of the brand/type vehicles he wanted have a decent drivable distance or are electric at all. I sent him this article and I could feel him cringe in the library while reading it! 😁 🤣

How long does it take to charge an EV, and whats it cost? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say.

Charging times vary widely according to charging level. There is Level 1, which is the slowest. Level 2 is your normal at home charging. There isn’t a Level 3 name, but DC Fast Charging is what is offered by Tesla charging stations. DC takes about 40 minutes while others take many hours.

The type of car ie battery makes a difference. How far you’ve drawn the battery down matters and cold weather (as we’ve all witnessed) will slow charging to a trickle and then STOP.

Charging times vary widely according to charging level. There is Level 1, which is the slowest. Level 2 is your normal at home charging. There isn’t a Level 3 name, but DC Fast Charging is what is offered by Tesla charging stations. DC takes about 40 minutes while others take many hours.

The type of car ie battery makes a difference. How far you’ve drawn the battery down matters and cold weather (as we’ve all witnessed) will slow charging to a trickle and then STOP.
It takes me 5 minutes to fill up our vehicles. I couldn't imagine standing out in the cold, snow and wind for 40 minutes just to charge a POS throw-away car. Why would anyone do that?
And what is the cost for that 40 minute charge?

Latest posts

Back