Electric Cars

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My two favorite cars growing were both my Mom's.
She had a 71 Mercury Montego (same year and model as the legendary Woods Brothers 71 Mercury driven by A. J. Foyt and David McPhearson that won 18 out of 32 races) Although it wasn't the same engine as in the race car, it was the most responsive engine I had ever driven before and car handled just as well.
She also had a 66 T Bird, which was a muscle car disguised as a luxury car, LOL. It had 47 more hp than the largest 66 Mustang engine. Suspension, however, was that of a luxury car...mushy.

An ex gf of me had an 2005 Impala. Over here only insiders know it, for all others it was just an slow, big american thing. They learned a lot when you got the throttle fully open 😇

My first car was an tuned Fiat 127 (90hp by 750kg weight). Was enough to let an BMW 323 looking old.
The Aston Martin DB5 Vantage was the fastest tractor (but still the favoutite i drove), the Jensen Interceptor just an biest.
I owned (and still do) Buicks, Olds Toronado, Pontiac F-Bodys an Italian cars.
I loved to drive the '71 Challenger, Statellite, '62 Chrysle 300, Catalina and a few more.

My two favorite cars growing were both my Mom's.
She had a 71 Mercury Montego (same year and model as the legendary Woods Brothers 71 Mercury driven by A. J. Foyt and David McPhearson that won 18 out of 32 races) Although it wasn't the same engine as in the race car, it was the most responsive engine I had ever driven before and car handled just as well.
She also had a 66 T Bird, which was a muscle car disguised as a luxury car, LOL. It had 47 more hp than the largest 66 Mustang engine. Suspension, however, was that of a luxury car...mushy.
In the design industry that was known as a "Boulevard Suspension". People want that on trucks these days...and I weep.

Saw something about this yesterday. I've seen how other courtries have been using kids to mind,, and then pull out fast before the collapse of the tunnel dug. . It has been horrifiying to watch. You have to wonder how many perished mining.

Arkansas open first Lithium plant
Summarizer

Standard Lithium Ltd.1 plans to develop the Arkansas Smackover Lithium Project through a joint venture partnership with Lanxess, the largest brine processing operator in the Smackover region of southern Arkansas. The first-of-its-kind direct lithium extraction demonstration plant is expected to be commissioned in 2020.0 The Phase 1A Project, Standard Lithium's first commercial lithium extraction plant, is proposed to be located at the LANXESS South Plant, approximately 8 miles southwest of the City of El Dorado in Union County, Arkansas. Phase 1A proposes construction and operation of the Company's first commercial lithium extraction plant via processing of tail brine from the LANXESS South Plant. The South West Arkansas Project, located 15 miles west of the City of Magnolia in south western Arkansas within the Smackover Formation, is home to the highest grade lithium brine resource in North America. The Company completed a Preliminary Feasibility Study in the third quarter of 2023, and construction is currently targeted to begin in 2025 post completion of a Feasibility Study. First production is expected in 2027.

https://evvoiceofthecustomer.com/The content of the page will probably change since it is the home page, but here is what is there currently:

A Letter to the President​

Dear Mr. President,
We are auto dealers from across the country who collectively sell every major brand in the U.S. We are small businesses employing thousands of Americans. We are deeply committed to the customers we serve and the communities where we operate, which is why we are asking you to slow down your proposed regulations mandating battery electric vehicle (BEV) production and distribution.

Your Administration has proposed regulations that would essentially mandate a dramatic shift to battery electric vehicles (BEVs), increasing year after year until 2032, when two out of every three vehicles sold in America would have to be battery electric.

Currently, there are many excellent battery electric vehicles available for consumers to purchase. These vehicles are ideal for many people, and we believe their appeal will grow over time. The reality, however, is that electric vehicle demand today is not keeping up with the large influx of BEVs arriving at our dealerships prompted by the current regulations. BEVs are stacking up on our lots.

Last year, there was a lot of hope and hype about EVs. Early adopters formed an initial line and were ready to buy these vehicles as soon as we had them to sell. But that enthusiasm has stalled. Today, the supply of unsold BEVs is surging, as they are not selling nearly as fast as they are arriving at our dealerships -- even with deep price cuts, manufacturer incentives, and generous government incentives.

While the goals of the regulations are admirable, they require consumer acceptance to become a reality. With each passing day, it becomes more apparent that this attempted electric vehicle mandate is unrealistic based on current and forecasted customer demand. Already, electric vehicles are stacking up on our lots which is our best indicator of customer demand in the marketplace.

Mr. President, no government agency, no think tank, and no polling firm knows more about the automobile customer than us. We talk to customers every day. As retail automotive dealerships, we are agnostic as to what we sell. Our business is to provide customers with vehicles that meet the needs of their budgets and lifestyles.

Some customers are in the market for electric vehicles, and we are thrilled to sell them. But the majority of customers are simply not ready to make the change. They are concerned about BEVs being unaffordable. Many do not have garages for home charging or easy access to public charging stations. Customers are also concerned about the loss of driving range in cold or hot weather. Some have long daily commutes and don’t have the extra time to charge the battery. Truck buyers are especially put off by the dramatic loss of range when towing. Today’s current technology is not adequate to support the needs of the majority of our consumers.

Many of these challenges can and will be addressed by our manufacturers, but many of these challenges are outside of their control. Reliable charging networks, electric grid stability, sourcing of materials, and many other issues need time to resolve. And finally, many people just want to make their own choice about what vehicle is right for them.

Mr. President, it is time to tap the brakes on the unrealistic government electric vehicle mandate. Allow time for the battery technology to advance. Allow time to make BEVs more affordable. Allow time to develop domestic sources for the minerals to make batteries. Allow time for the charging infrastructure to be built and prove reliable. And most of all, allow time for the American consumer to get comfortable with the technology and make the choice to buy an electric vehicle.
Sincerely,
Supporting Dealerships

I have to call BS on that Tweet.
Every nearby town has taken 1/4 of every middle of a grocery, Home Improvement etc store parking lot for charging other than Tesla.
Yes, there are more Electric cars around here. When Tesla opens up their chargers to Ford, Polstar, Lucid, Rivian, etc. It will be a disaster
Junk like Leaf, Bolt, etc are so done.

The Chinese have an EV they sell in China for $900, the Changli.
It's imported to the U.S. by Electric Motors Imports, but by the time they add shipping, compliance features and red tape, it's close to $9,000.
Range: 40 miles
Top speed: 24 MPH
Lead Acid batteries (you can charge it from solar panels)
The motor only draws 1500 watts
Curb weight 551 pounds.
382334156_1367219044152686_5402033509602121245_n_900x.jpg

The Chinese have an EV they sell in China for $900, the Changli.
It's imported to the U.S. by Electric Motors Imports, but by the time they add shipping, compliance features and red tape, it's close to $9,000.
Range: 40 miles
Top speed: 24 MPH
Lead Acid batteries (you can charge it from solar panels)
The motor only draws 1500 watts
Curb weight 551 pounds.
382334156_1367219044152686_5402033509602121245_n_900x.jpg
So basically, a glorified golf cart

Latest posts

Back