Best medicine to put in bob

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad uses cidar vinegar on rashes. He says it dries rashes up quickly. Has anyone else heard of this?

Get some broad-spectrum antibiotics and stuff for anaerobes and gram negatives. You can get it online if you look, no Rx needed.
Ampicillin, Metronidazole, TMP/SMX, Ciprofloxacin.

Get some broad-spectrum antibiotics and stuff for anaerobes and gram negatives. You can get it online if you look, no Rx needed.
Ampicillin, Metronidazole, TMP/SMX, Ciprofloxacin.
Hey Doc , if you look back on this post we were discussing bleach on kids for a poison ivy rash. I am totally against this practice because of a potential adverse reaction. I saw a child,who got a chemical burn from this and ended up with MRSA during treatment. .. somewhat related ,A young girl had to be intubated after an exacerbation of her asthma because of a similiar exposure. I could go on. what are your thoughts on this.

Hey Doc , if you look back on this post we were discussing bleach on kids for a poison ivy rash. I am totally against this practice because of a potential adverse reaction. I saw a child,who got a chemical burn from this and ended up with MRSA during treatment. .. somewhat related ,A young girl had to be intubated after an exacerbation of her asthma because of a similiar exposure. I could go on. what are your thoughts on this.
I don't know much about using bleach for treating poison ivy, but I'd skip it. There's lots of other stuff you can do to treat it (ie...Benadryl helps with the itching. Oatmeal mix is said to help. Calamine lotion. Cold compresses.) And you sure want to avoid MRSA, especially in a SHTF world where treatment is limited. Some of that over-the-counter stuff at your pharmacy is good. Just get yourself a few bottles of it while you can. Even if you have nothing to treat it with, it should go away on its own after a week or two. Do you best to keep it away from your eyes though.

FYI, an ER doc I worked with last month said if you run into poison ivy and get it on an area, do not touch it or scratch it at all for an hour and it will go away without evolving into the full-blown rash. It may itch like crazy and you'll be gnawing at the bit to scratch it, but if you can resist, it will go right away according to him.

the tree removal guys in my area all keep dawn dishwashing liquid in
their truck, they leave it on their arms for a minute or two then hose off . they say it removes the oil so they dont get the ivy rash as bad

Tecnu is awesome, we kept the scrub and the lotion on the truck when I was a tree trimmer. It is the best for getting rid of and drying out poison ivy. I always have some still in the medicine cabinet and in my bag.

I don't know much about using bleach for treating poison ivy, but I'd skip it. There's lots of other stuff you can do to treat it (ie...Benadryl helps with the itching. Oatmeal mix is said to help. Calamine lotion. Cold compresses.) And you sure want to avoid MRSA, especially in a SHTF world where treatment is limited. Some of that over-the-counter stuff at your pharmacy is good. Just get yourself a few bottles of it while you can. Even if you have nothing to treat it with, it should go away on its own after a week or two. Do you best to keep it away from your eyes though.

FYI, an ER doc I worked with last month said if you run into poison ivy and get it on an area, do not touch it or scratch it at all for an hour and it will go away without evolving into the full-blown rash. It may itch like crazy and you'll be gnawing at the bit to scratch it, but if you can resist, it will go right away according to him.

Good to know Doc thanks

There are many medical option to use for cuts deep/shallow, sugar is perhaps one of the oldest, use clean waters to clean, stuff the wound with sugar and wrap it with a white cloth, I have used this many times over the years plus its cheaper then other options

Stuffing a wound with sugar?? That's a new one!! Cayenne pepper powder can be packed into a wound and will clot the bleeding and serves as an antibacterial. It surprisingly doesn't hurt at all.

Stuffing a wound with sugar?? That's a new one!! Cayenne pepper powder can be packed into a wound and will clot the bleeding and serves as an antibacterial. It surprisingly doesn't hurt at all.

Sugar has been documented for over a thousand years and still use today, sugar helps the wound heal faster and acts as antibacterial and stop the bleeding

HONEY will work good on any open wounds , couple years ago my mom got bit by a hobo spider up in Seattle
and her leg swelled up almost twice the size . the doc put honey on it for 3 weeks and it worked great , still needed skin grafts !

cayenne pepper is good for open wound and if some one has a heart attack mix up a spoonful in water and give to the person , it dilates the arteries !

alcohol and hydrogen peroxide KILL THE SELLS inside the tissue. alcohol is fine for topical use only. rinse all cuts and wounds with saline solution period. teatree oil, baking soda, lemon juice, calamine lotion, mint, cinnamon and honey mixture are your best remedies.

Not sure about you all, but I just carry: a tube of antibiotic ointment, a sample pack of Advil, a sample pack of Aspirin, a sample pack of No-Doze, a sample pack of Sleep Aid, a sample pack of Benadryl, and a couple of Hydrocodone (for anything serious)

Every BOB/GHB should have these meds on board

Benadryl / diphenhydrymine HCL. H1
Claritin/ loratadine. H1

Zantac/ ratidine. H2
Proposed/omeprazole. H2
Imodium/loperamide. Anti-diarrheal

Tylenol/acetaminophen NSAID/ anti pyretic
Advil/Motrin/ibuprofen. NSAID/ anti pyretic
Alive/naproxen. NSAID

Aspirin. Anticoagulant

This is the OTC list of meds.
If you use the H1 with the H2s the effect of the med will be potentated. H1 are for allergies, ie environmental, food, stings. Benadryl will make you drowsy and is in most sleep aids. H2 acid reflux, heart burn. Zantac is for quick temporary heart burn @ 75->150 mg, where as prilosec is for long term @ 20->40 mg.

If you have access to antibiotics or narcs and know the correct dosage and uses have one or two doses with you.

Good luck, be safe and God bless

I was wondering about the allergy meds. I have a TON of animals at my place, so never had any issues with allergies. By the end of the day, my clothes likely have cat hair, dog hair, bird dander, horse hair, rabbit hair, etc.!!!

Good note on the stomach ailment meds though, will need to add some of that. Still have to stress the antibiotic ointment though (and USING it, if you get even a minor injury).

I worked in the emergency room as a nurse for a lots of years and any doctor would still tell you

" Do not use peroxide or bleach on wounds. It will damage the tissue".

Latest posts

Back