Quantcast

Best medicine to put in bob

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Colt 1911

Swiss army knives / multi tools
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
2,327
Reaction score
1,348
Location
Southern California
I was curious as to what kind of medicine i should put in my bug out bag
Any prescriptions, aspirin, Advil, anything you think you might need, tums is a good one. oh benadryl also. The empty little Listerine packs make good pill holders to keep them separate.
 

redly846

New Member
Jr Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2013
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
Location
Michigan
Poison Ivy medicene I found some at walmart in the camping section very cheap, and it is now in my BOB first aid kit
 

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Joined
Dec 12, 2012
Messages
2,702
Reaction score
2,063
Location
missouri
Bleach will help dry out a rash from poison ivy or poison oak, but it's going to sting. Lye soap is excellent to battle poison ivy with.

Poison ivy is another good reason to have goats. They eat it like candy!
 

realisticdude

Active Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
828
Reaction score
531
Location
louisiana
Bleach will help dry out a rash from poison ivy or poison oak, but it's going to sting. Lye soap is excellent to battle poison ivy with.

Poison ivy is another good reason to have goats. They eat it like candy!
like the goat idea but not the bleach. bleach is a corrosive caustic chemical and will give your ivy rash a nice chemical burn even if you dilute it.then you get a nice secondary skin infection. stick with the calamine and suffer through it....Bleach.., you,ll get in your eye kid
 

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Joined
Dec 12, 2012
Messages
2,702
Reaction score
2,063
Location
missouri
To be honest, I've never had poison ivy. My Dad used to get it something fierce and bleach is what he used. I just liked watching him dance around when Mom put it on him. :p
 

Roninsensei

If it’s sharp, I’m your guy....
Administrator
Global Moderator
Moderator
Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
2,268
Reaction score
2,771
Location
Southern Cali
Bleach works best for sure!!
 

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Joined
Dec 12, 2012
Messages
2,702
Reaction score
2,063
Location
missouri
Oh I'd never put it on a kid, husband maybe. It does work. I've seen it firsthand, but I'm not going to debate it; I value getting along with others too much to do that.

And with that said, I'm going to thank God once again that I don't itch when I come in contact with the stuff.
 

Roninsensei

If it’s sharp, I’m your guy....
Administrator
Global Moderator
Moderator
Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
2,268
Reaction score
2,771
Location
Southern Cali
Sorry Realistic but your wrong here. If you have incredibly sensitive skin then a chem burn with bleach is barely possible if you leave it on for 20/30 minutes then yes it may burn you, However you don't leave it on that long, you leave it on a top of a minute or two. Please don't act like our advise is wrong because, I and millions of other have used this on Urushiol exposure (poison ivy, poison oak, and sumac) for generations. Everything you read online isn't fact either. Doctors tell people to cut salt out of their diet for high blood pressure, But ask a Vet what they use when any animal has high blood pressure. SALT. They put out a mineral salt block and WALLA problem solved. I have personally dropped my fathers deadly levels of high blood pressure using natural mineral and sea salt (he's now off all meds). The bleach drys the area out dramatically and kills any possible infection, heals in 3 days instead of a week or two and all itching stops. I have used this on myself my brothers and my sisters (I'm the eldest of 11) with great results and never a bad one. Also I get exposed daily and am highly allergic. DON"T RULE OUT BLEACH. I have done the research.
 

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Joined
Dec 12, 2012
Messages
2,702
Reaction score
2,063
Location
missouri
The only time I would not use bleach is if there are open, bleeding sores from scratching. Otherwise, I douse my hubs in it almost daily in the spring, summer, and fall when we're messing around outside. I think the only bumper crop we grow aside from rocks is poison ivy. My goats just can't keep up with it.
 

Roninsensei

If it’s sharp, I’m your guy....
Administrator
Global Moderator
Moderator
Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
2,268
Reaction score
2,771
Location
Southern Cali
There's also horror stories of people who used bleach and got chemical burns. A brief investigation of most of these events reveals that they used pool chlorine and not household bleach.

(The calcium hypochlorite sold specifically for swimming pools contains about 65 percent active ingredient by weight. Household bleach typically contains between 5 and 6 percent (by weight) sodium hypochlorite.)

Of course they burned them selves!! You can't fix stupid I guess.

 

realisticdude

Active Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
828
Reaction score
531
Location
louisiana
Sorry Realistic but your wrong here. If you have incredibly sensitive skin then a chem burn with bleach is barely possible if you leave it on for 20/30 minutes then yes it may burn you, However you don't leave it on that long, you leave it on a top of a minute or two. Please don't act like our advise is wrong because, I and millions of other have used this on Urushiol exposure (poison ivy, poison oak, and sumac) for generations. Everything you read online isn't fact either. Doctors tell people to cut salt out of their diet for high blood pressure, But ask a Vet what they use when any animal has high blood pressure. SALT. They put out a mineral salt block and WALLA problem solved. I have personally dropped my fathers deadly levels of high blood pressure using natural mineral and sea salt (he's now off all meds). The bleach drys the area out dramatically and kills any possible infection, heals in 3 days instead of a week or two and all itching stops. I have used this on myself my brothers and my sisters (I'm the eldest of 11) with great results and never a bad one. Also I get exposed daily and am highly allergic. DON"T RULE OUT BLEACH. I have done the research.
I have been wrong before......... Im glad you did some research on this subject. I have a poor understanding and no experience in dealing with dermatologic emergency care. I bow to your superior knowledge base.
 

Roninsensei

If it’s sharp, I’m your guy....
Administrator
Global Moderator
Moderator
Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
2,268
Reaction score
2,771
Location
Southern Cali
I have been wrong before......... Im glad you did some research on this subject. I have a poor understanding and no experience in dealing with dermatologic emergency care. I bow to your superior knowledge base.
Text does not convey tone. I hope you weren't offended..
 
Top