IR blocking paint?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShellShock11C

Reaction score
Quick question, I want to put a good coat of OD paint on my ACH helmet, but I want some mil-spec IR paint (kind of a "why NOT?" situation). Do any of you guys or gals know where its sold online? I didn't have any luck on Google. Just a bunch of government contract sites that don't offer to sell it on their site and sell in bulk.

Quick question, I want to put a good coat of OD paint on my ACH helmet, but I want some mil-spec IR paint (kind of a "why NOT?" situation). Do any of you guys or gals know where its sold online? I didn't have any luck on Google. Just a bunch of government contract sites that don't offer to sell it on their site and sell in bulk.
I'm looking for something like this too since years which is buyable by civilians by an reasonable price.
Let me know if you found something. I prefer military green.

Thats exactly what I'm looking for, for my ACH.
Let me say like this...
I do have really good connection to the material department of our army. I asked many times for this kind of paint or where i could buy. Guess it's easier to get an tank delievered at home than any information about this paint or even an sample for private use.
But i didn't gave up the search.
BTW - i was in contact with an manifacturer for IR resistant, army specific clothings. Their answer came fast, short and very clear: Not aviable for private person.

Latest posts

Back