Camping Backpack

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomadicPrepper

Reaction score
Hopefully posting this in the right area, its camping related so I think I'm ok.

I'm in the market for a new Camping/Hiking backpack/rucksack. I have a decent bag for my Bug Out Bag, but I'm looking for something I can use strictly for camping. I've already scrolled through amazon and not really finding anything that fits my taste. Do ya'll know of any websites that sell decent quality backpacks like that?

Thanks in advance!

Hopefully posting this in the right area, its camping related so I think I'm ok.

I'm in the market for a new Camping/Hiking backpack/rucksack. I have a decent bag for my Bug Out Bag, but I'm looking for something I can use strictly for camping. I've already scrolled through amazon and not really finding anything that fits my taste. Do ya'll know of any websites that sell decent quality backpacks like that?

Thanks in advance!
What is your budget?
How much do you want to carry?
Are you planning for backpacking?
Do you want an internal frame? Do you need a water bladder?

If you aren't too picky, you can often find really great used ones at REI. I would rather get a good brand second hand than buy an Amazon brand. I bought Amazon ones for the kids and they're not bad, but they aren't great, either.

Ah! I forgot all about REI, I used to walk around that store for hours back when I lived near one. Been ages since I've checked their site, I'll give it a look.

My budget is around $100ish dollars if I can keep it around there.
Carry Weight I'd like to keep around 30lbs, Not going to carry a lot just necessities, just enough for like a 3 day trip, everything else I need I can fish or forage for. Yeah I'll be backpacking it too so comfort will be pretty important.
Yeah Internal frames work best for me, at least they have in the past. and I'll probably just bring a Sawyer Micro Squeeze with me, Where I'm camping/hiking will have plenty of water so I won't need to carry much with me.

There are a few Military Surplus stores in my area, I love the look of an ALICE backpack, I'll have to check them out.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the suggestions, I've got a lot of research to do now lol.

Latest posts

Back