Well Hello!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai Magnus

Reaction score
Ok. Where to start?

Well honestly I don't even know if I'm where I want to be or need to be, but I'm hoping someone here will be able to at least point me in the right direction to get started.

I guess it would be best if I just tell you my story in short. (As short as I can make it and still get the picture across. lol)
I know very well that we are so close it should make your hair stand on end.
I'm all alone now. I had a wonderful family and was in a great marriage for many years. We had two children, two girls 4 1/2 years apart.
My wife was the best wife a man could ask for. A wonderful woman and my best friend. We were a very normal average American family. We were strongly Christian.
Unfortunately we had started doing better in life and had backslidden some.
Things eventually turned very bad.
My wife was bipolar, but you would never know it. She had been medicated since her early teens and it just never surfaced. Her employer cut everyone's insurance and she couldn't see her doctor or get her meds and she completely changed pretty much overnight.
She got up to go to work one day and everything was normal. Hug and kiss. I offered to make her breakfast and lunch. And off she went, but she never came home. She just abandoned the family.
It was like my wife went to work and died and a demon slipped into her body and ran off.
I/We have since then lost everything. Home, Vehicles, everything and everyone!
Even her Parents and other family says they don't know who that girl is, but it's not our family member.
Before long she was on drugs and doing all kinds of foul stuff.
Well on top of that in October of 2019 my oldest daughter passed away. She was septic from a respiratory infection and she was a brittle diabetic and went ketoacidosis and it stopped her heart.
Then last year my youngest daughter and best friend passed away from myocarditis.
I was destroyed! Then about a week or so later I was setting on my bed and I heard "He took everything from you! You should be angry with Him and turn against Him." I knew this wasn't me.
Instead I immediately thought "No! That's wrong. I love Him more. I love Him above all!"
Then the actual atmosphere in the room changed and I heard very gentle, but strong and clear "You are saved." and along with it was an unspoken understanding that it was because I believe. Suddenly I felt supercharged! All the pain was sort of put in a bubble and pushed down so I could deal with it at a pace I could handle. It was amazing!
Since then everything has become so clear and focused.
I can only figure that all of this happened and is happening because I chose Him above all at a moment that I was being tempted to turn against Him.
The Lord has blessed me with showing me so much and making it clear.
I believe I'm not the only one as well. I believe He is pouring out revelation of things and blessing with the understanding of those things. Like the time of greater understanding has been declared.
No I'm not some crazy. I'm as normal as the next guy. Sadly maybe more "normal". lol I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory, for all of about 5 minutes, then it's "Well that was entertaining, back to reality!" I'm very common sense and common logic honestly.
I'm just not going to ignore and deny what is happening. To me and the world. You would have to be a delusional idiot to not see it. The signs are everywhere and they are accelerating. Also the world isn't even trying to hide it anymore. Well, some of it. Good grief! Ugh! 🙄

There is so much more, but I'll hold it for later for now. This is getting long and deep enough as it is. lol.

Anyway, so now obviously I know it's almost time. If not already.
So I'm alone, I'm not tied to anything and would love to move on to find a community (and I also mean a physical community if possible) of people who at least know something is up and are getting ready just in case we don't get called out of here before it starts. I'm sure with the blessings I've been given I could contribute quite a bit.

So I figured this would be a good starting point.
I'm really looking for a new home or "place to fit in and belong" and family of good and decent people.
Perhaps a new private community or even a large good quality encampment.
So, am I in the right place or any info on where I need to go?

Thanks in advance for any time and attention to help.

Hope this helps.
Much love to you all!

Last edited:
Great to hear from you.

You have said so much that I am not sure what you are asking.

1. You suggest you need to be prepared but are not.

In response to that I posted this advice to another new member today:

"Start with this 30 minute read to get a Cliff Notes style overview of prepping quickly and cheaply.
Link - Family Prepping

After doing the above, it's a lot easier to help you if you come back and ask specific questions.

You can get motivated by just lurking but it won't help you put it all together immediately."

2. If you are looking to join an existing group that will be more difficult.
First they want someone already prepared to shelter (food, planning, supplies, weapons, etc.)
They will be seeking Like Minded that can bring something to the table. Someone with roots that will not run out on them would be best.

My advice is to study all about family prepping, then begin the basics for yourself so if you join a group you come with your own personal kit for them. If you become expert on prepping you will demonstrate your intentions much better than "I was unhappy where I was."

Next go to link Group Survival (1.5 hour read). This will give you a PHD in Prepping.

Now when locating a group to join you know what questions to ask of them
and you have advance knowledge of group survival; you come with something to offer.

In the meantime, this will advance your personal prepping. If TSHTF you can organize your neighborhood with your group knowledge.

Get your life going from negative to positive!

Best of luck to you KIA.

Last edited:
Great to hear from you.

You have said so much that I am not sure what you are asking.

1. You suggest you need to be prepared but are not.

In response to that I posted this advice to another new member today:

"Start with this 30 minute read to get a Clif Notes style overview of prepping quickly and cheaply.
Link - Family Prepping

Its a lot easier then if you come back and ask specific questions.

You can get motivated by just lurking but it won't help you put it all together immediately."

2. If you are looking to join an existing group that will be more difficult.
First they want someone already prepared to shelter (food, planning weapons, etc.)
They will be seeking Like Minded that can bring something to the table. Someone with roots that will not run out on them would be best.

My advice is to study all about family prepping, then begin the basics for yourself so if you join a group you come with your own personal kit.

Next go to link Group Survival (1.5 hour read). This will give you a PHD in Prepping.

Now when locating a group to join you know what questions to ask of them
and you have advance knowledge of group survival; you come with something to offer.

In the meantime, this will advance your personal prepping. If TSHTF you can organize your neighborhood with your group knowledge.

Get your life going from negative to positive!

Best of luck to you KIA.
Thank you. Good information. See that already helps. Now I know to get started truly learning on prepping. I've watched several documentaries on prepping over the years and have a good idea and outline of it and would probably be a excellent prepper and my knowledge of many of the sciences, and even biblical and my very nature would make me able to seriously contribute to a large group. I've given a good bit of thought to how and what I would like to gather, design and create. Even on a grand scale, but I've never dove mega deep into the important details and minutiae of it.

What I was looking for at the moment is just am I in the right place to get help or direction on where and how to find a community of like minded people. Like minded to myself which may take more info and introduction, but this is my super basic start.

What I envision is finding and becoming a member of either a housing community or even a good quality large encampment of people that are much like a family and all work together to be free and sustain and support one another in an "off the grid" kind of situation.
I know and have found evidence of a kind that something big is coming and from what I can see only those aware and somewhat prepared for it are going to make it.
I hope that makes it a little more clear.
Please feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:
Thank you. Good information. See that already helps. Now I know to get started truly learning on prepping. I've watched several documentaries on prepping over the years and have a good idea and outline of it and would probably be a excellent prepper and I've given a good bit of thought to how and what I would like to gather, design and create. Even on a grand scale, but I've never dove mega deep into the important details of it.

What I was looking for at the moment is just am I in the right place to get help or direction on where and how to find a community of like minded people. Like minded to myself which may take more info and introduction, but this is my super basic start.

What I envision is finding and becoming a member of either a housing community or even a good quality large encampment of people that are much like a family and all work together to be free and sustain and support one another in an "off the grid" kind of situation.
I hope that makes it a little more clear.
Please feel free to ask any questions.
Oh! By the way. Because I get it often my name Kai is pronounced just Ki like as in Kite. The "a" is basically silent.
Thought I better throw that out there. lol.

Wow, you have endured a lot of tragic events within a short time period. . . I hope you can find what you need. What caused your youngest daughter myocarditis? That is just not very common, until recently with young children. Where they able to even give a reason? Can't help you on a community of liked minds, but will say prepare for yourself as best you can at this point. Crap is happening very fast now days and you are way behind getting ready. Water, Food and then Shelter is your main concerns. Establishing a water system is number 1. If it is not a reliable system, you may need to filter, boil or even have a life straw on hand. Food is your next. There are multiple ways to store food, so you need to look those up. The Shelter part is big too, but even if it's primitive is ok.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/survival-shelters-15-best-designs-wilderness-shelters/
Practice what you think your survival skills may come down too. Very important to have first hand knowledge.

Wow, you have endured a lot of tragic events within a short time period. . . I hope you can find what you need. What caused your youngest daughter myocarditis? That is just not very common, until recently with young children. Where they able to even give a reason? Can't help you on a community of liked minds, but will say prepare for yourself as best you can at this point. Crap is happening very fast now days and you are way behind getting ready. Water, Food and then Shelter is your main concerns. Establishing a water system is number 1. If it is not a reliable system, you may need to filter, boil or even have a life straw on hand. Food is your next. There are multiple ways to store food, so you need to look those up. The Shelter part is big too, but even if it's primitive is ok.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/survival-shelters-15-best-designs-wilderness-shelters/
Practice what you think your survival skills may come down too. Very important to have first hand knowledge.
Thank you for your insights on things to consider and what to catch up on.
I'm still not sure on what the myocarditis was due to, but they even wanted her to wear a heart monitor overnight once when she was about 11. They obviously saw something during a test or examination at some point. Yet, they never expounded on any information to me. I have been looking into it since then.
She seemed so healthy. She just went to sleep and didn't wake up. She was a believer so as long as she stayed with it and was true about it she is fine now. They are both in better shape now than before. Even though they weren't babies anymore I want my babies back, but I wouldn't call them back to this horrible place. I'll see them soon enough as long as I continue to truly believe.

On a lighter note.

I have never really had a chance to have much to do with my dad, but I've been trying in recent years. Anyway he isn't a prepper, but we did create a few "just in case" systems on the old family farm and he helped quite a bit. I helped work out like an automatic power generation system should the power go out for a long period. It's a very small 4 cylinder engine with brackets to set on a concrete pad and protected by a grounded 1/8 inch steel access case that has been modified to run on propane. Also with a 12 foot by 6 foot diameter tank full of propane. I thought to put it on a switch that should the power shut off it releases the switch to start the engine and it is running a generator that is wired properly into the house breaker box.
I haven't completed it yet, but I came up with an idea to build an underground garden by threading fiberoptic line through the yard down into a cellar to shed sunlight on the growing plants. When light hits one end of the fiberoptic it will flow to exit the other end even if there are bends in it's orientation or path.
I love how fiberoptic can make light bend around a corner if needed! lol.
I come up with the general ideas based on what detailed knowledge I have on various subjects and he has a fair bit of experience and knowledge on details from that experience. The rest I just research.
He had the idea to get city water even though there are multiple wells on the property. So there are two sources of water should something go wrong with one. There is a backup. And we installed great filters.
But I would still feel safer with "survival" or "military" level supplies and gear.
I would also love to come up with perhaps a cobalt based air filtration system to absorb radiation out of the outside air just in case.

If I had the funding I could be ready to support three or four families or more for potentially a year or more in a relatively short time. Things like use of a backhoe, auger, directional drilling rig and so on. Expensive big stuff and materials. Although I built a house with just my dad and myself when I was 16 I'm still no welder yet. It's something I still need to learn.
All part of why I'm looking for a community.
Not to mention things like the AA-12 fully automatic 300 RPM Rounds per minute Shotgun, M61 Vulcan 3000 RPM mini gun and the M82 2500 meter 100% accurate armor piercing Sniper Rifle that can tackle fighter jets are rather hard to get and rather expensive. lol. ZOMBIES BEWARE!!! ROFL. 🤣 Just kidding. I'm not prepping for zombies. But who knows I guess something like that could happen. 😲

Thank you again though.

Last edited:
Thought I gave sound advice. . But ok
You did. I replied positively and even playfully.
For some reason it says "this message is awaiting moderator approval and is invisible to normal members".
I hope you can see this at least.
Again thank you.

Last edited:
You did. I replied positively and even playfully.
For some reason it says "this message is awaiting moderator approval and is invisible to normal members" for some reason.
I hope you can see this at least.
Again thank you.
Thank you .

Thank you for your insights on things to consider and what to catch up on.
I'm still not sure on what the myocarditis was due to, but they even wanted her to wear a heart monitor overnight once when she was about 11. They obviously saw something during a test or examination at some point. Yet, they never expounded on any information to me. I have been looking into it since then.
She seemed so healthy. She just went to sleep and didn't wake up. She was a believer so as long as she stayed with it and was true about it she is fine now. They are both in better shape now than before. Even though they weren't babies anymore I want my babies back, but I wouldn't call them back to this horrible place. I'll see them soon enough as long as I continue to truly believe.

On a lighter note.

I have never really had a chance to have much to do with my dad, but I've been trying in recent years. Anyway he isn't a prepper, but we did create a few "just in case" systems on the old family farm and he helped quite a bit. I helped work out like an automatic power generation system should the power go out for a long period. It's a very small 4 cylinder engine with brackets to set on a concrete pad and protected by a grounded 1/8 inch steel access case that has been modified to run on propane. Also with a 12 foot by 6 foot diameter tank full of propane. I thought to put it on a switch that should the power shut off it releases the switch to start the engine and it is running a generator that is wired properly into the house breaker box.
I haven't completed it yet, but I came up with an idea to build an underground garden by threading fiberoptic line through the yard down into a cellar to shed sunlight on the growing plants. When light hits one end of the fiberoptic it will flow to exit the other end even if there are bends in it's orientation or path.
I love how fiberoptic can make light bend around a corner if needed! lol.
I come up with the general ideas based on what detailed knowledge I have on various subjects and he has a fair bit of experience and knowledge on details from that experience. The rest I just research.
He had the idea to get city water even though there are multiple wells on the property. So there are two sources of water should something go wrong with one. There is a backup. And we installed great filters.
But I would still feel safer with "survival" or "military" level supplies and gear.
I would also love to come up with perhaps a cobalt based air filtration system to absorb radiation out of the outside air just in case.

If I had the funding I could be ready to support three or four families or more for potentially a year or more in a relatively short time. Things like use of a backhoe, auger, directional drilling rig and so on. Expensive big stuff and materials. Although I built a house with just my dad and myself when I was 16 I'm still no welder yet. It's something I still need to learn.
All part of why I'm looking for a community.
Not to mention things like the AA-12 fully automatic 300 RPM Rounds per minute Shotgun, M61 Vulcan 3000 RPM mini gun and the M82 2500 meter 100% accurate armor piercing Sniper Rifle that can tackle fighter jets are rather hard to get and rather expensive. lol. ZOMBIES BEWARE!!! ROFL. 🤣 Just kidding. I'm not prepping for zombies. But who knows I guess something like that could happen. 😲

Thank you again though.
Hey guys I've been reading the FAQs, rules and new member material and haven't run across anything yet, but could that reply not be posting because I playfully mentioned some awesome weapons against zombies? I was just kidding of course cause I'm not prepping for zombies, but still.
1. A survival forum where you can't mention weapons!?! Seriously!?!
2. When I signed up it "Required" me to list my "favorite weapon".
So I sure hope it's not because of mentioning that stuff.

Ok. Where to start?

Well honestly I don't even know if I'm where I want to be or need to be, but I'm hoping someone here will be able to at least point me in the right direction to get started.

I guess it would be best if I just tell you my story in short. (As short as I can make it and still get the picture across. lol)
I know very well that we are so close it should make your hair stand on end.
I'm all alone now. I had a wonderful family and was in a great marriage for many years. We had two children, two girls 4 1/2 years apart.
My wife was the best wife a man could ask for. A wonderful woman and my best friend. We were a very normal average American family. We were strongly Christian.
Unfortunately we had started doing better in life and had backslidden some.
Things eventually turned very bad.
My wife was bipolar, but you would never know it. She had been medicated since her early teens and it just never surfaced. Her employer cut everyone's insurance and she couldn't see her doctor or get her meds and she completely changed pretty much overnight.
She got up to go to work one day and everything was normal. Hug and kiss. I offered to make her breakfast and lunch. And off she went, but she never came home. She just abandoned the family.
It was like my wife went to work and died and a demon slipped into her body and ran off.
I/We have since then lost everything. Home, Vehicles, everything and everyone!
Even her Parents and other family says they don't know who that girl is, but it's not our family member.
Before long she was on drugs and doing all kinds of foul stuff.
Well on top of that in October of 2019 my oldest daughter passed away. She was septic from a respiratory infection and she was a brittle diabetic and went ketoacidosis and it stopped her heart.
Then last year my youngest daughter and best friend passed away from myocarditis.
I was destroyed! Then about a week or so later I was setting on my bed and I heard "He took everything from you! You should be angry with Him and turn against Him." I knew this wasn't me.
Instead I immediately thought "No! That's wrong. I love Him more. I love Him above all!"
Then the actual atmosphere in the room changed and I heard very gentle, but strong and clear "You are saved." and along with it was an unspoken understanding that it was because I believe. Suddenly I felt supercharged! All the pain was sort of put in a bubble and pushed down so I could deal with it at a pace I could handle. It was amazing!
Since then everything has become so clear and focused.
I can only figure that all of this happened and is happening because I chose Him above all at a moment that I was being tempted to turn against Him.
The Lord has blessed me with showing me so much and making it clear.
I believe I'm not the only one as well. I believe He is pouring out revelation of things and blessing with the understanding of those things. Like the time of greater understanding has been declared.
No I'm not some crazy. I'm as normal as the next guy. Sadly maybe more "normal". lol I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory, for all of about 5 minutes, then it's "Well that was entertaining, back to reality!" I'm very common sense and common logic honestly.
I'm just not going to ignore and deny what is happening. To me and the world. You would have to be a delusional idiot to not see it. The signs are everywhere and they are accelerating. Also the world isn't even trying to hide it anymore. Well, some of it. Good grief! Ugh! 🙄

There is so much more, but I'll hold it for later for now. This is getting long and deep enough as it is. lol.

Anyway, so now obviously I know it's almost time. If not already.
So I'm alone, I'm not tied to anything and would love to move on to find a community (and I also mean a physical community if possible) of people who at least know something is up and are getting ready just in case we don't get called out of here before it starts. I'm sure with the blessings I've been given I could contribute quite a bit.

So I figured this would be a good starting point.
I'm really looking for a new home or "place to fit in and belong" and family of good and decent people.
Perhaps a new private community or even a large good quality encampment.
So, am I in the right place or any info on where I need to go?

Thanks in advance for any time and attention to help.

Hope this helps.
Much love to you all!
Sounds very much like a Old Testament chapter from the book of Job. All that was missing was you being covered in boils and maybe old Nick telling God what a naughty boy that you truly be. : )

I know and have found evidence of a kind that something big is coming and from what I can see only those aware and somewhat prepared for it are going to make it.
What you are seeking does not exist.

There are fall-back retreats but they do not advertise.
&
They do not house people; they usually are prepared for people to arrive upon activation.

It sounds more like you are interested in co-housing with a frightened elderly family.
If that is the case you still need to know your stuff in order to provide safety for that small group.

Latest posts

Back