Best medicine to put in bob

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife believes in the Chlorox Cure for poison ivy and bug bites, but I'm not too keen on voluntary bleach exposure. I am highly allergic to poison ivy and we have it all over the back yard. Every time I come in contact, or even think I come into contact with it, I run to the kitchen and put dishwashing liquid on the contact area, rub it in, then wash it off. I have never developed a rash after doing this.

=rok, post: 43733, member: 1492"]I was wondering about the allergy meds. I have a TON of animals at my place, so never had any issues with allergies. By the end of the day, my clothes likely have cat hair, dog hair, bird dander, horse hair, rabbit hair, etc.!!!

Good note on the stomach ailment meds though, will need to add some of that. Still have to stress the antibiotic ointment though (and USING it, if you get even a minor injury).[/quote]
I was wondering about the allergy meds. I have a TON of animals at my place, so never had any issues with allergies. By the end of the day, my clothes likely have cat hair, dog hair, bird dander, horse hair, rabbit hair, etc.!!!

Good note on the stomach ailment meds though, will need to add some of that. Still have to stress the antibiotic ointment though (and USING it, if you get even a minor injury).

Absolutely put in antibiotic ointment, beware some people have an allergic reaction to one of the antibiotics in a triple antibiotic ointment. Also a bar "for ease of transport" antibiotic soap. Sanitation and hygiene in an grid down or end game scenario will be a killer for sure. You may even want to put in a bottle of iodine also, can be used to make water safe to drink and to disinfect wounds .

I worked in the emergency room as a nurse for a lots of years and any doctor would still tell you

" Do not use peroxide or bleach on wounds. It will damage the tissue".

You are so correct!! For those in favor of treating wounds, try this the naxt time you have a scrape spray or poor peroxide on the scrape and watch it turn a off white color, that my friend is tissue dying! If you really want to put it to the test every night for four or five days on the back of a finger that has no wound, then watch the skin come off. Bleach, peroxide, and alcohol all are very necrotic! NECROTIC = death to tissue.
The slickness you feel when you get bleach on your hands is not the bleach it is the oils in your skin being replaced by "sodium chloride" bleach.
The bleach infiltrating your tissue can and does cause damage over time. There are sloutions that are used to treat cronic wounds, dykin's solutions, I will leave it up to the reader to do the research on the mixture and uses. NUFF SAID!

Good luck, be safe, and God bless!

On my post on meds for BOB/GHB, if you learn your drugs OTC or other wise. You will see that these drugs have at least a double use. If at all possible every thing in your bag should have multiple uses.
As always

My wife believes in the Chlorox Cure for poison ivy and bug bites, but I'm not too keen on voluntary bleach exposure. I am highly allergic to poison ivy and we have it all over the back yard. Every time I come in contact, or even think I come into contact with it, I run to the kitchen and put dishwashing liquid on the contact area, rub it in, then wash it off. I have never developed a rash after doing this.

DrHenley, that is an awesome plan of attack, for I this the oils off of the poison ivy, oak, or sumac that cause the reaction. Depending on how to affects you you may want some benadryl gel & tabs for a bad reaction, after and or during the washing. I hate to say it but, I tell people to use Dawn because it takes grease out of the way!
Good luck, be safe, God bless!

Every BOB/GHB should have these meds on board

Benadryl / diphenhydrymine HCL. H1
Claritin/ loratadine. H1

Zantac/ ratidine. H2
Proposed/omeprazole. H2
Imodium/loperamide. Anti-diarrheal

Tylenol/acetaminophen NSAID/ anti pyretic
Advil/Motrin/ibuprofen. NSAID/ anti pyretic
Alive/naproxen. NSAID

Aspirin. Anticoagulant

This is the OTC list of meds.
If you use the H1 with the H2s the effect of the med will be potentated. H1 are for allergies, ie environmental, food, stings. Benadryl will make you drowsy and is in most sleep aids. H2 acid reflux, heart burn. Zantac is for quick temporary heart burn @ 75->150 mg, where as prilosec is for long term @ 20->40 mg.

If you have access to antibiotics or narcs and know the correct dosage and uses have one or two doses with you.

Good luck, be safe and God bless
Oops I forgot one! Dramamine/ dyemenhyedrinate witch is an antiemedic-> makes you less nauseous. It will also help you sleep, side affect. You may do the same things with benadryl and zantac. You could ask your Dr for scolomine patches or tabs, and yes there is another use for this drug.

I would advise Super Glue over a lot of band-aids and such. They are nice, but take up too much space you could be using for other things, and the glue will seal the wound and help to keep the wound clean.

Latest posts

Back