What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Arcticdude everytime I leave the mt. I grab a Propel. I can’t have the HF cornsyrup in Gatoraid. It’s relieved muscle cramps in the middle of the night. The electrolyte replacement has worked so has 4-5 waters a day to keep me hydrated. I even start water between my first and second coffee.
I think you are Out working as just as hard. This is what has helped me.

We give call oven supplements to our old dog. She isn’t young again but does seem to benefit from it. It’s hard to see something you love suffer.

I'm makeing Hot Tamales. Been mixing and rolling them for hours. I'm about to cook them in a few minutes.

1028211536.jpg
1028211536a.jpg

A few months ago the UPS driver told me that my apricot tree was scratching his truck. So I cut a few limbs off. Yesterday we smoked a turkey in apricot for the first time. It was very good. Just a little bit sweet. Not bad or anything but I prefer Mesquite.

I grew up eating very hot hot tamales in Mississippi, my father bought them somewhere, I always thought they were Mexican. I later learned that hot tamales was a Mississippi Delta thing and were made differently than Mexican tamales (which were usually not hot). Delta hot tamales use cornmeal and parchment paper wrapping, Mexican tamales use masa flour and corn leaf wrapping.

Cold and frosty here, typical October weather. I just started on a big pot of chili this morning, which takes 3 days to make. First I marinated a couple of steaks for 2 days. The marinate consisted of honey, brown sugar, bourbon, teriyaki and a few other ingredients then grilled the steak last night. In addition to the steak I'll add a couple pounds of bacon and sausage too. Got a couple pounds of hot chili peppers diced and ready to go.
No beans will ever touch my chili!

It’s cold and gloomy here. Perfect day for a crockpot full of ham and 15 bean soup. I left a lot more ham on the bone than normal and it’s almost 50/50 beans to ham… since I’m truly a carnivore, yum

I'm going to make that with a bunch of my older stored beans.

Latest posts

Back