What's for dinner in 2022.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My eldest son got word yesterday he's going to Alaska for 6 wks. For work, so we had his Xmas tonight. I traditionally make prime rib roast for Xmas but pulled out lamb loin chops last night to thaw in fridge, seasoned them with fresh rosemary from of my herb garden, mint jelly on side, fresh asparagus tossed in olive oil with only salt n pepper, threw some butter in, also broccoli (fresh frozen), and mashed potatoes, with sour cream, chopped some fresh green onion to throw on top and sweet potatoe pie I had in freezer for dessert.

Not over the top, but threw together last minute since I had to work today. Cooked mother a steak cause she doesn't like lamb chops (go figure!)..🤔

What Larry called beef stroganoff..cause he made it...I got off work early, and had to go to eye doctor for follow up and stopped to get prime rib roast n few other groceries for xmas dinner after.

No idea what that old fart put in that dish to make it..(didn't much resemble any i've made or seen in all my years) but I was starving when I got home and I did eat it! Thankful he made the food. 😋

We're going to cook a prime rib for Christmas dinner. If I can dig out the BBQ I'll cook it on the rotisserie. If not I'll start it in the smoker for a few hours and finish in the oven. We'll have baked potato, beans and shrimp cocktail with it. It's just the wife and I this year so we'll have lots of leftovers.

I made a jambalaya for our Christmas eve party. I'm also making muffalettas and hot wings. My wife made a spinach and artichoke dip.

Attachments

• 20221224_120010.jpg
    20221224_120010.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back