What's for dinner in 2022.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Prepper

A True Doomsday Prepper
Administrator
Global Moderator
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
I'm on a low carb diet, so I decided to make a pizza. Almond flour, cream cheese , baking powder, egg,

A little sauce, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni, homemade Italian pork sausage, black olives, mozzarella cheese. Added some sliced jalapeño peppers, red pepper flakes and parmasan cheese.
It was so good, I want to keep dieting.

Attachments

• 20221012_164942.jpg
    20221012_164942.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
PP we went on a reduced carb diet a couple years back and was one of the best things we ever did. My husband has heart rhythm issues and we wanted to improve our numbers. Mr. DD dropped 70 pounds and I dropped 50 over an 18 month period and we have both kept it off. It was pretty simple we simply reduced carbs not eliminated and increased veggies and became more conservative on meat servings and dairy a couple days a week and limited sugars. My husbands blood is tested twice a year and was so good the last time the heart doctor could no believe he was not vegetarian. Mine is pretty good but not as good as his.

I am in a "Catch 22" situation. Type 2 diabetes, so carbs must be limited BUT I have an extremely fast metabolism. At 6' and 145 pounds, I can't afford any more weight loss. It has been a very difficult time trying to find an acceptable balance. Hopefully my new intake / medication plan will prove effective.

I am in a "Catch 22" situation. Type 2 diabetes, so carbs must be limited BUT I have an extremely fast metabolism. At 6' and 145 pounds, I can't afford any more weight loss. It has been a very difficult time trying to find an acceptable balance. Hopefully my new intake / medication plan will prove effective.
Check out this video (it talks about insulin a lot).
There is even mention of curing diabetes about half way in.

This is a Picture of a video.
1665749798746.png

This is a great YouTube channel! Made these Lamb Steaks with potatoes yesterday. YUMMY!! I ran across this Early American channel when searching for hints and tricks on how to cook well with only a fire. I’ve tried numerous “Receipts” (aka recipes) and found them all excellent!!

1665750229642.png

This Sauce Robart is delicious!!!

1665750327564.png

I might add, when reading the old receipts you will see “f” instead of “s“ in their spelling of words.

I might add, when reading the old receipts you will see “f” instead of “s“ in their spelling of words.
Although it looks a lot like an "f" it's actually an "s", the so-called "long s" which was the Medieval form of "s" used in the middle of words while the "short s" was used at the end of words.
You can distinguish it from an "f" from the fact that the right side has no crossbar. In some typefaces there is a nub on the left.
I think it began to go out of fashion around the turn of the century (1800ish).
I believe it was derived from the Roman "medial s" and is closely related to the German eszet "ß" which is the character used for a double "s" in the middle of a word in German.

Although it looks a lot like an "f" it's actually an "s", the so-called "long s" which was the Medieval form of "s" used in the middle of words while the "short s" was used at the end of words.
You can distinguish it from an "f" from the fact that the right side has no crossbar. In some typefaces there is a nub on the left.
I think it began to go out of fashion around the turn of the century (1800ish).
I believe it was derived from the Roman "medial s" and is closely related to the German eszet "ß" which is the character used for a double "s" in the middle of a word in German.

Interesting. This receipt does show a capital ”S” and a lowercase “s”… but then other s’s look like an “f”.

1665756151100.png

As the long s started falling out of favor around 1800, the rules for using it became very inconsistent with different publishers using different rules until all stopped using it.

If you look closely at "puff-paste" and you can see that there is a little nub on the left side of the s in paste but not on the right side. That's the only difference in that typeface between an "f" and a "long s".

ZfeEFO5.png

This is a Picture of a video.
View attachment 17576

This is a great YouTube channel! Made these Lamb Steaks with potatoes yesterday. YUMMY!! I ran across this Early American channel when searching for hints and tricks on how to cook well with only a fire. I’ve tried numerous “Receipts” (aka recipes) and found them all excellent!!

View attachment 17577

This Sauce Robart is delicious!!!

View attachment 17578

Looks like Fred Flintstone size piece of meat n taters! I'm going to have to save n try this one.

Latest posts

Back