What's for dinner tonight?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bigpaul, not everyone eats dinner at suppertime. It's traditional in the Deep South to eat dinner at noon and just have leftovers at supper. Besides, I sleep better if I have a light supper.
we just have a snack at lunchtime, our main meal is usually around 4pm, (even when I was working main meal was no later than 6pm,) that gives our digestion time to settle down before we go to bed at 9-10pm.

Have a huge pot of chili simmering now. Started it last night and let it rest in fridge overnight to meld the flavors together. Will have that for lunch over a bed of rice. Made enough to freeze more than half for easy meals later on.

Brazilian steakhouse, where they bring skewers of meats around to the tables and you point out what you want. One price no matter how much you get. I won't get my money's worth but my 6'5" son in law will make up for it, LOL. He is gluten intolerant so he doesn't eat much starch.

Brazilian steakhouse, where they bring skewers of meats around to the tables and you point out what you want. One price no matter how much you get. I won't get my money's worth but my 6'5" son in law will make up for it, LOL. He is gluten intolerant so he doesn't eat much starch.
Which one did you go to?

I a carnivore at heart, not much better than all the fresh dead animals you can eat!
Because of my son in law's medical conditions, he eats mostly red meat. He hardly eats anything else, not even salad, and his digestive system has adapted to that diet. The ultimate "keto diet" LOL

Because of my son in law's medical conditions, he eats mostly red meat. He hardly eats anything else, not even salad, and his digestive system has adapted to that diet. The ultimate "keto diet" LOL
That’s tough, sorry he has that. I love meats no doubt but try to aim for a balanced diet. My wife eats poorly due to stomach problems. One doctor told her once to not worry about eating too much ice cream, which was about all she could hold down at the time. He said to just be grateful she found something That would stay down. We all take health for granted until something happens to it.

Have a huge pot of chili simmering now. Started it last night and let it rest in fridge overnight to meld the flavors together. Will have that for lunch over a bed of rice. Made enough to freeze more than half for easy meals later on.
I am waiting for the weather to cool down just a bit more and then I am making chili. It's one of my favorites.

I made a couple of pasta dishes for my meal preps this week (one with chicken and pesto and one with veggies in a lemon butter sauce). I had the pesto along with a salad and a glass of wine or my supper tonight.

Latest posts

Back